Hoovyking DM
the public event for arnet's ascension was very cool! i think it differed from most events of this kind because it wasnt just One Guy getting vanglorized while the others sat and watch. there was a fight! we got injured! i got permed! there are currently two people fighting right now due to the injuries they got! it wasn't just arnet who got her big moment, but a myriad of up and coming characters as well.

this, to me, is how every public event should go. its lovely. its great. thank you, mr hoovyking
Event: From The Old Blood

Responsiveness : We didn't have to wait much for any post, even with the questions mid rp it still went pretty well! 10/10

Balance: I think it was pretty fine! I always think it's fair to make a battle a bit more difficult if the characters taunt the creature, and! We asked for another round and we got one! So it was pretty good, I liked, the temps? I'm watching ppl kill themselves over them right now so, 10/10.

Storytelling : The Details of the narration and the ambiance were pretty good, the event was simple, there weren't many things to work around, and I believe that what was done with it was really good! 10/10

Fairness : I feel kinda bad for the rolls, some people rolled really low in the 1d100 and didn't manage to get a reward, and... No one got one of the mats. At least one person got the other and many got rewards so... It's pretty like 9/10 bc ppl are unlucky today.

Overall: Hoovy agreed to DM an event of someone that never written events before, that alone is a W (for me), it was very fun and very organized, we had to wait a few moments for like, discs of reward, but given he came back from a break, it's understandable so! 10/10

Thanks, Hoovy for DMing this end of Arc!
Key/Character: RainIsABirb/Tandava
Which Event: The Forgotten Brother

Responsiveness: 7/10 There were a few moments where there were pauses but that's to be expected. Very fast writer for a lot of narrates though, on a fairly long event!
Balance: 10/10 Hoovy runs ECs a particular way which I adore. Discernable and dodgeable attack patterns with very well-balanced stat-lines focusing on longer, grindier EC fights. A style similar to that of Bronach in her recent world event!
Storytelling: 10/10 Apparently this was a nigh-complete retelling of a previous e3 event which is entirely narratively thematic and lore-accurate. Posts were well written and descriptive, and the climax of the event (Ludiel) was a perfect capstone! It tied elements of the present and the past together extremely well!!
Fairness: 8/10 Rewards were offered on dice-rolls which is about as fair as it'll get.

Overall: 10/10 

Any other comments: Thank you so much for the event! It was a blast even for being quite long.
[Image: image.png][Image: image.png]
Character: Amica Mero

Responsiveness: 8/10, I can't blame anyone for having slower posts when the event goes on for 10 hours, most of which was our fault, and they weren't even 'slow', really.
Balance: 10/10, a little bit of rust at the start seemed apparent, but the balance quickly got better as it went on. Very big fan of the 'this EC has an attack pattern that you can MOSTLY avoid if you pay attention' style of fights. Felt like I was playing Terraria Calamity Mode.
Storytelling: 10/10 Can't wait for Ludiel to get eaten again in 200 more years.
Fairness: 9/10 Dice rolls for ore rewards, in-group deliberation as to who got the big mats, lower-grade mats for killing blows. Kind of fucking cool. Literally the only way to make it 'more fair' would be to hand everyone something, and that's lame.

Overall: 9/10

Any other comments: Final Fantasy VII[a] is a 1997 role-playing video game developed by Chance for the EterniaStation console and the fourth main installment in the Eternia series. Chance published the game in the UK, and it was released in other regions by Doohl Computer Entertainment, becoming the first game in the main series to have a PAL release. The game's story follows John Ward, a mercenary who joins an eco-terrorist organization to stop a world-controlling global empire from using the planet's erp essence as an energy source. Events send John and his allies in pursuit of Ludiel, a superhuman who seeks to wound the planet and harness its healing power to be reborn as a god. During their journey, John bonds with his party members, including EMMA THE ALL KNOWING, who holds the secret to saving their world.
[Image: edbae8adc4cdc657c7307971b838ad95.png]

if anyone asks i got banned for sending /messages to people
Character: John Ward

Responsiveness: 8/10, "Four Hours Tops". The prelude to what was 10. I watched the sun rise. I would do it again

Balance: 10/10 A little bit of rust, the kinks were worked out, and when it mattered most, When he appeared, it truly felt like a boss battle

Storytelling: 11/10 I do not stroke Hoverts cock out of him being my friend. Hoovy was challenged with bringing a past event to the present. To retell a story as characters walked in their footsteps. And like we hear, he truly was standing on the shoulders of a giant.

The callbacks, the story, the twists and turns, how it was so similar and yet unique.

Awesome job dude

Well worth 2 months and me schizo rambling in my latest sig app about how the plan was in for 3 weeks with no approval 

Fairness: 9/10 everyone got something. You didn't insant kill EMMA who had 14 vit. :kneel:

Overall: hello brother it me the door

Any other comments: 

MAY THE SEVENTY SECOND GUARDIAN OF KRAUS,  HIS NAME MOST HOLY: LUDIEL NEVER BE JUST A MEMORY

[Image: 99619a8cf19fdea02eb8bba41c90ef35.png]

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]

[Image: Screenshot-20240524-072139-Discord.jpg]

[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/v1mnxjHg3JI?si=VRllVRrd4I7hOy8t[/video]

Final Fantasy VII[a] is a 1997 role-playing video game developed by Chance for the EterniaStation console and the fourth main installment in the Eternia series. Chance published the game in the UK, and it was released in other regions by Doohl Computer Entertainment, becoming the first game in the main series to have a PAL release. The game's story follows John Ward, a mercenary who joins an eco-terrorist organization to stop a world-controlling global empire from using the planet's erp essence as an energy source. Events send John and his allies in pursuit of Ludiel, a superhuman who seeks to wound the planet and harness its healing power to be reborn as a god. During their journey, John bonds with his party members, including EMMA THE ALL KNOWING, who holds the secret to saving their world.
[Image: jrkDVE0iEmVAF3JHqeZWyTyBiYEZw5F3jv0cFc_U...pI47GByQu0]
Character: EMMA, THE ALL-KNOWING
Event: The Forgotten Brother

Responsiveness: It was a bit of a slow going event, but that's partly the fault of us, the players, who didn't emote in the conventional call-and-response DM-goes-then-players-go style. It takes a lot longer if the DM posts, then a player or two posts, then another player or two posts, and then the last player posts, but it can permit the scene to fill more grounded. So the slowness was on us, but I don't mind slow events at all. ~8-10 hours is my preferred length, that's what we got, about.
Balance: Fair enough that I just barely scraped by on a character with—quite literally—14 vitality by playing a dodge game and having allies tank injuries. Final boss post-EMMA's death looked like a bullet hell simulator, which was very fun to watch.
Storytelling: Peak. A lot of careful attention to detail. As someone who went on the event this was a callback to, I noticed a lot of nice, subtle nods to it, like the trap-hall that no longer worked with so much time having passed. It managed to be its own thing as well, with an unexpected twist at the end that all of the players leaned into nicely. Keen enough to want to experiment, courteous enough in approach, and with enough humor to tonally balance the otherwise grimness.

Overall: Good stuff. Would be more than happy to go on another from this DM.

[Image: 1QVESYN.gif]
[Image: characters-2-smaller.png]
Topic Options