Hoovyking DM
Which Event: Waking up Mom

Responsiveness: 10/10 

It was real responsive, it was the players that took a lil long is all.

Balance: 10/10

I'm actually really impressed, because this is the most fair I've felt an event fight I've been in to be, there was no sudden jump in stats/balance mid-fight, only a new skill added to spice things up if anything.

Storytelling: 10/10 

Fairness: 10/10 

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: My one complaint, fuck being unarmed in events, that was hell. But like fun hell, where you get muffins, just halfway through it turns out its a raisin muffin and you are a bit disappointed, but still don't mind it too much, so you still eat it, just you'd rather have plain or blueberry.
Which Event: Waking up Mom

Pretty straightforward, we were more often waiting on one of our group, than Hoovy.

Balance: 10/10

Minus the one goof up, which honestly made me laugh more than anything else, the fights were terrifying but I never felt like I was focused unfairly, and every time I was downed was due to my own mistakes. Also I loved and hated the third boss for just lingering on 20% hp for eons. It built so much tension even so much as I was saying "DIE ALREADY"

Storytelling: 10/10

It was dark and spooky, but you also understood that you weren't really gonna scare the monsters per se. You could unsettle the players but the monsters were gonna keep pressing and you didn't try to unsettle the Mire crew. That's a small touch but it's really appreciated because it shows that you understood the type of characters we were playing and had already accommodated for it in your writing.

Most of this is listed in balance up above. But you even had a fair solution to blessing and immediately had it ready, which I very much appreciated. It didn't take the option away but provided me with a risk should I choose to use it.

Any other comments: This was my second event ever and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Character: Twila Tisa

Which Event: Sacrament of Sin

Responsiveness : Hoovy's narrates were quick, interesting to read, and he interacted with those on the event with regularity. It felt more akin to an enjoyable experience, rather than an oppressive process which must be gone through in order to advance character plot. Whilst LOOC isn't nessesarily part of the event, it is important to me to know that my DM is an actual human, and not some oppressive Skynet Terminator sub-routine. All delays were on our side due to some network issues from members of the party, but these were sorted out, and we were carried on into the next part of the series of events.

Balance : It's hard to dictate balance in events, this is my opinion regarding it. However, given the tools at his disposal, Hoovy showed an amount of restraint I'm not generally used to seeing. Shuffling through targets is one thing, but somehow managing to masterfully sort through members of the party, keeping each of them on the razors edge of defeat, was absolutely thrilling. It led to a sense of teamwork within the parties established to work together, or suffer a horrific defeat. This, particularly in verb, is something I've honestly not seen before, and was absolutely thrilling. Really, masterfully done. Additionally, when it came to gaybaby jail, despite your being completely vulnerable, he would not outright punish you, unless he knew your character could handle the ass-beating they were about to receive. It's easy to notice these things in hind-sight, but in the moment, you're absolutely horrified that at any moment, you will be kissing the sweet abyss of death. Again, I can't really put into words how masterfully he handled the verb engagements.

Storytelling : One doesn't wake up Mother casually, this is something I've learned. The storyline, whilst perhaps needing a bit of polish, felt realistic, something that would actually happen given the context provided to the DM. It's arguably my failing in not giving him more specific information to work with, yet the level of creativity shown with what I did provide him with, shows an impressive capacity for storytelling and intrigue. The most fascinating portion of the event to me, left me absolutely dumb-founded with the level of helplessness I actually felt in regards to what was happening, given the specific context. I believe my favourite part of this, was that Hoovy managed to give me plot, and intrigue that will continue -outside- of the event itself. It's not often an event actually leads to such things unless that's specifically what you seek. Yet, I found myself in need to character plotlines, and Hoovy has in one fell swoop, delivered such onto me, like some of benevolent omnipresent god hell bent on making me feel absolute cosmic horror over a cup of tea.

Fairness : Absolutely. Everyone who joined us on the quest was punished. One does not simply wake up mother without reaping the consequences of their actions, yet, this was not delivered in such a fashion to merely give children candy for being good little boys and girls, no. The loot given requires work and thought to be put into it. You're not simply given something to make you stronger, no. You're given a seed, what will come of such a seed is dependent entirely on how creative you are, and how much time you are willing to put into it. The loot was fascinating to say the least, and I await with great anticipation to see what my peers will come up with. As for me, only the future will know. I have a quest to do.

Overall : Exemplary DM who shows restraint. Punishes you in fashions that feel consistent and fair. Allows you to grow not only as a character, but as an actual team. We all learned something about the other's characters last night. This is something hard to do, and even harder to execute properly. It's masterfully done, and I hope to again be punished by Hoovy again one day.

I just hope I drink enough water, and get enough rest.

Mother is watching.
Character: Xian Antirrhinum

Event: War in Hel

Much like before, things moved at a good clip, questions were answered. I never really felt like I was waiting except on people on our side.

Balance: 11/10

Hot. Damn. The fact that we came out with the injuries we did was a miracle of good rolls. This was high CoD and it felt like it. It took careful managing of our healing items, including my own blessing to keep us in good enough shape to have a chance at the last boss and it was still VERY close. It never felt impossible, but it did feel very tense, and there was a real chance of us losing in the last two fights especially. The addendum to let us expend the last of our healing items between the last two fights was appreciated, given we never would've survived without it. It was a wire to walk and it felt like it.

Storytelling: 9/10

The only place I would dock a point is here. The overall story was really good, tying into last TS, I have no complaints about this. My only bit was that closer to the end it felt more and more like, Twila was the main character and somewhat Torgon given his propensity for securing last hits. The rest of us just kinda, existed. To an extent this is fine, given how crucial this event was for Twila as a character, it was really a minor observation by the very end.

Much as above with balance. It never felt impossible, but we had to work for our wins and it showed. Were our rolls less good we'd have likely died, or come out riddled with more perms than we did.

Minus my one minor complaint in storytelling, which I think is countered by the rest of the event, I'd still absolutely love to go on more Hoovy run events.

Bonus: 10/10 for Milly, never have I been so scared as when you deleted 70% of my hp in one combo. Best cameo.
Character: Torgon

Event: War In Hel

Responsiveness 10/10: All of things were answered quickly and nice, the dullabro nods.

Balance: 11/10: High CoD that felt like a High CoD and yet wasn't impossible! It was very hella nice.

Storytelling 10/10: It was hella nice and Tyranny was a hella nice boss, sadly others didn't get much attention and somehow I got a lot of last hits in this damn event.

Fairness 11/10: Same thing with balance, was hella nice.

Overall 10.5/10

Would clearly hear Tyranny say 'Die' again just to have Ribcage this time
Event: War In Hel

Responsiveness 10/10

Balance: 9.9/10: The most balanced ECs I've really dealt with, didn't feel punished as unarmed in the event. I only have 1 complaint, and it was from Milly dash fataling me as an EC, rud.

Storytelling 10/10: I enjoyed the callbacks to last TS, and to the current stuff we ewre doing.

Fairness 10/10: Everyone got worthy rewards for a CoD, I'm happy with it.

Overall 10/10
Event: Opera Temple, Teatro Divine
Responsiveness
Reasonable responses. Very thorough for such a small event. 
Balance
Good balance. Stressful fights when it's just three people but enjoyable nonetheless. This was a good usage of metal that wasn't so unbearable and unfun. Good balance.
Storytelling 
The bread and butter. I liked the take on 'goes to old opera house'. It was NOT what I expected in the slightest and was a very welcomed surprise. The map was also decorated and it was very cute and in line with the event's entire theme.
Fairness
Pretty fair! Injuries and rewards were fairly given in my opinion. The rewards all fit the premise, danger, and amount of participants.

Other: Solid event!! I liked the spin you came up with in the end. Would poke to DM.
[Image: cb9dd72403b90bae3d8fc519b5bd7c95.png]
Character/key: Lianne/Kale
Event: New cult kills heretics
Thoughts: The fire emblem dnd hybrid fight was pretty cool. It took forever due to our terrible rolls but it was one of the more unique things I've seen play out on an event.

Also.

I now have my favorite dev mat ever.
[Image: b9846935c11da0b70b405dd5af7fb06a.jpg]

give me your events
Event Name: From The Old Blood
Character: Sasha Cron
Thoughts: Damn homie was schmoving and grooving as an EC. A solid narrate and a good test of my own abilities of keeping my party alive. Also fairly decent rewards for a public event, I was honestly not expecting that.

9/10, would out heal again
Topic Options