i guess ludi is dming again
Character: Rayleigh Estecairo
Which Event: The Janitor's Closet

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Ludi was a bro not only responded accordingly but as fast as he could.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): There was only one fight but that fight was actually pretty fun regardless, and it was pretty balanced from my end.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): My god...I never expected to basically be RPing what is essentially super space janitors but I did...and I loved it. I a not ashamed to say I loved it. My only regret is I didn't get to add more to it in terms of wacky epicness.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I got a 1 day temp for my first down in the only fight we had, yeah I'm good with this chief, not to mention my reward. Is. FIRE!

Overall: 20/10

Any other comments: If there's a part two, I want in. No questions asked. I would love to see more behind this craziness.
Character: Cortado
Event: Blood of the Undying

Responsiveness: We held up the event so much more than the DM did. Really, amazing response times.

Balance: That last encounter took a little too many cues from Chance's CoD events with the talon spam, but overall the fights were fair. We took our share of hurt, but it was nothing unreasonable.

Storytelling: Pretty good, but we ended up trying to solve an obscure, lore-based puzzle for at least an hour... I have to admit, it detracted a little from the experience. Only a little, though.

Fairness: The rewards were wonderful, more than I thought we'd get, really... but perfectly in line with the Event's risk.

Overall: 9/10. -1 point for that fucking puzzle.

Other Comments:

Ermir says, "horn"
Character: Ermir
Event: Blood of the Undying

Responsiveness : good

Balance: fun

Storytelling: nice

Fairness: very, good rewards, everyone happy

Overall: 0.9/1

Other Comments: horn
Character: Kai Hintze
Which Event: Fieldtrip to the Factories

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): The Narrations were very smooth and fast paced. I wasn't expecting to not hopping on youtube while I waited, every few seconds after the last pc rp, the narrate was already up and running for the scene. Amazing.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles were pretty exciting as they had a nice variation to style and just fun story. This event didn't have much puzzle but it did have a nice souvenir shop that made most of go into dept.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I honestly felt like this story had a Charlie at the chocolate factory theme, the only difference was that instead of candy, we were messing with synths, and our tour guide was a tiny lego. Very cute. It was honestly a good change up to the regular blood gore events I have been on.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) It was very fair, some of us fell and got unlucky rolls but we learned from our mistakes and kept pushing forward. I guess the part about buying items and having some of us roll for our chances to trade cheap stuff for a nice item balanced out the moments of less battles.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: Ludi is the man, the legend.
Character: Clotho Moira
Event: Factory Field Trip!

Responsiveness: Good! I felt like some bits could maybe have been prewritten and that might have improved early pacing, but I didn't fall asleep or anything, and the pacing improved significantly after the first 2 hours.

Balance: Good! I suffered a very unfortunate downing, but otherwise enjoyed the fights significantly.

Storytelling: There were some things that made me feel kinda bad about the event. I did enjoy the fluff, but mechanically it came down to two (patterned, enjoyable) fights, and other than that, there was a single point where I felt like I had agency. When I did express agency (and was rewarded for it, tyvm, I did appreciate that), it felt nice, but then everybody else joined in on rolling for someone only I RP'd about prior to that, which... felt somewhat numbing to the special feel I got there, as much as I was happy to make something cool happen and all.

For an artificing-themed event, I expected to run into puzzles or something similar which required creativity and critical thought, or consideration of materials and stuff, but it seemed like it was a mechanical walkthrough of 2 fights with artificing as the backdrop. There was also a moment where dev materials were put in front of us at a price - 5,000, 5,000, and 2,500 coins, specifically. I liked one of them A LOT, so seeing a price tag so far from my capacities HURT, especially since I only joined, uh... a week ago.

I've seen people selling subscriptions (not that anybody at the event did so), so a lack of coins felt like it was in some way an OOC disadvantage that I had no way of rectifying as I entered the event. I was just screwed, for something completely out of my control at that point. If there had been some way to earn those items or that money, or if there had been any advertisement of this (mention of the gift shop in the event post), I would have been less sad about just not having the coin, but on my side it was a complete and total blindside, and it didn't feel like there was much I could do about it or any way I could have seen it coming.

HOWEVER; things did work out in the end, for the following part of this.

Rewards: The rewards were awesome. There were 9 total dev items and uniques (some were equippable) possible to hand out on this event, and that really was perfect for an artificer-based event. Everything that was put before me, I had an idea in my head of what I could do with it, and I would have been absolutely stoked to receive any of the materials given out. And in the end, we all got rewarded with something really neat based on a random roll, and I did end up getting the reward that I wanted due to being able to leverage my reward in the aftermath. Similarly, I really liked the fluff of the temp injury I got, and it has been very humorous to roleplay, to my character's absolute hatred of reality. I also got some unique RP information out of it, even if I felt selfishly bummed about it because it wasn't a snowflake thing bestowed upon me by God Himself/Herself.

OVERALL: Any sadness I had was on the way in, not on the way out. I would have liked if it the event were more directly artificing-based mechanically and might have played off of IC strengths in that direction, but I understand how that can be a hard sell for 6 people. Characterization was wonderful, rewards were amazing, and those are what I'll remember more than anything. I just wanted to write up what DID initially make me feel bad in case it was useful feedback.

I'm very happy I made the list and attended. It will have significant impact on my character going forward.

i'm not doing numbers for the 'score' they make me uncomfortable

EDIT: fairness: everything was perfect on this part
Character: Akrites Fitz-Empress
Which Event: Fieldtrip to the Factories

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Everything was on point on the DM's side; if anything, it was me being late, for which I once again apologize. No comment.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Reasonable considering the variety of RPLs and stats. The injuries and the ECs were all fitting to the IC and there's no complaints to be had here.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): No, it did not meet my expectations. In truth, I was expecting puzzles that would make my hair go white and IC artificer related questions that one couldn't get from simply having regular artificer RP and leveling up to T1. I was proven otherwise, with plenty of chances to gain IC information to push the plot of the character and maybe even world-wide plot, we were given enough chances to reach for the dev items. At that point, I knew my expectations were for the worse that could happen, and I am glad they were shattered and replaced with the enjoyable turn of events that happened. tl;dr: I was expecting to go mad trying to solve puzzles but in the end, it was a super enjoyable experience. Surely, if Ludi is fine, I'd kidnap him for my future event.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): No comment here, everything was just fine. I was expecting tough combat considering the vast majority of events I've been on consisted of trying to beat 600 vit 1500 pow monsters, but it was really fun this once.

Overall: Overall, it went as smoothly as possible, despite my negative thinking when it comes to anything. Being pessimistic myself, I am personally glad that I was shown otherwise. 10/10, would surely go on such an event again.

Any other comments: pls run my event
Character: Niffty
Which Event: Frozen and Forgotten

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): So fast, no waiting around except for other party members
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Very nice! It felt like a challenge and not an impossible one, enemies and traps fit the scene perfectly, so cold
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Of course it did, I wouldn't have stuck around if I wasn't having fun and it's 9 o'clock in the morning right now, we just finished
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Deffo, I don't usually expect much of a reward on other peoples events and the one I ended up with suddenly feels great, I'm so going to try and heal a 1vit perm with it. - Same with my injury, I love it to bits and quite enjoy the fact I can be very lazy icly cause of a cold

Overall: Amazing, a lot of fun - 10/10

Any other comments: Cheese rewards are appreciated
Character: TiniestLittleDot/ Ryker pyr Docro
Which Event: Frozen and Forgotten pt. 2

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very responsive, answered questions and assisted us throughout the event.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Scary fights, tough! But also fair. You could tell what the boss was doing relatively easily, but if you didn't take it serious you'd still go down.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I did the original Frozen and Forgotten event, and Ludi picked up the pieces and breadcrumbs I laid down and baked a fucking loaf of bread with them.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Ludi unironically let us interact with the event in ways they probably think about ahead of time. Like, a lot of the early event issues Ludi presented to us, Ryker used riftmancy on. An avalanche? I hope Osrona enjoys their early snowfall!!! Anastasia legitimately forgot an item? Time to rift and get it! Everyone got a little something something, which is something I always appreciate when the possibility to get permed and get nothing is present. So good job.

Any other comments: I enjoy Ludi events.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Character: Adrian
Which Event: Out of ones depths

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10, narrates were done so fast I couldnt even go get a drink
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The fights were very balanced, each fight we won by the skin of our teeth. 10/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): ill never forget my brief stint as a quasi sirenian. Truthfully, it was very well made, and the story was enjoyable.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Absolutely. 10/10

Any other comments: make it so DoTs can apply to ECs plz

(but otherwise great event ty so much)
Character: Kalon
Which Event: Out of ones depths

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10. Ludi has super speed.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The fights were tense, and incredibly entertaining. 10/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was an absolute joy descending into the depths of an ocean to loot a sunken ship. It was very lovely! 10/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Some super cool loot, in exchange for Danteric getting injured. Seems very fair to me. 10/10

Any other comments: We got to surf a whirlpool, that by default makes this a 10/10 event.
Topic Options