Suggestions
(06-14-2020, 06:09 PM)Oberyn3088 Wrote: Then why did Puff say the tooltip was wrong then if it's not? I'm confused Sad

The Tooltip shown in the stats menu is displayed incorrectly. However, the game also displays 'advice' in the chat window every once in a while, one of which is how Weight is supposed to work.

So, they have a point, but the lack of input with no correction wasn't very helpful or informative.
While we're reworking the RPB code...

Can we make the RPB generate light?

Or, alternatively, make all auras/stances generate light? It's pretty frustrating to fight someone without a light-giving aura in a dark envrionment.
Reading the "I just can't" thread right now got me to remember something.

Can we have hexes be shown in roleplay logs? The one time I was hexed on my last character pre-TS, it wasn't shown. Had to copy it in order to remember (And accidently forgot to delete the paste from the emote after I sent, but luckily it fit the emote)
Blue shroud and Energy shroud Omega look completely the same.. Energy shroud Omega should either be bigger, or just use the Icon from Spires where it was brighter and more fuller.

Seems kinda lame that a master tier aura looks completely normal.
a lot of us have been discussing cutting back on settlements lately to as there's too many of them... and personally, what i'd rather see are some smaller towers/buildings in the wilderness rather than full blown villages

my general thoughts:

osrona - generally fine as it is, still feels too much like the centre stage though if we want an equal distribution among factions, so at least cutting back on the messaris area would probably be good
nysea - a secondary osrona that feels like it's popular solely because the new osrona isn't too interesting as far as the 'reforms' go, and a lot of people prefer the old structure for rp. it was meant to be a hideout/retirement home for the rebels, but became something else entirely, which is fine. but now we have osrona and osrona-2
myllenoris - fine as is
theria - has the worst map positioning, isolated in the corner with that stretch of a mountain between. just feels like a slog to get to and out of. nobody walks through theria for that reason as it's a dead end. it should be taken right down to the base of the mountain (and that entire thing can be trimmed back a bit). i wouldn't be opposed to removing it from the map, either, but i think it generally offers something unique and should stay with improvements instead, maybe with unique reagents in that region
alabastre - pretty map but has zero traction, can go
ilburg - i don't know why this place is so HUGE. it has more real estate than myllenoris. granted, most of it is underground (which is bad for rp)

and a poll, or you can just share your thoughts here
It would be nice if Theria was pulled further down the map and behind it a zone of resources. Maybe have the mines to the west of Theria actually moved behind it, so you need to go through Theria itself to get to it, which would likely massively increase foot traffic.

Ilburg used to be pretty popular when the Kalvore were about, but as most of them have either died or simply left, then there has been no real traction within ilburg itself.
To be honest Ilburg was better as a rag tag bandit place, rather than its own sprawling city.

Also, prominent guilds having camping grounds and or just their own guildhouses out in the wilderness would likely be better than fully esstablished settlements.
Osrona needs to be smaller and more accessible if people want to be able to sort of... be in the same spot in the city all at the same time. While the big open square/castle is good, it's also huge and leaves people basically hanging out in front of the dojo or hiding in a house.

Nysea is popular because a lot of kids are there. If anything happens to it IC and it's crushed I think it should remain as such. I'm of the opinion that those who fled and became Nysea should've had to stick some time out in the wild, have some harsh development, be on the run, compromise, etc.

Myllenoris is fine but so, so many properties are in the Vale.

Theria being nuked in a Barsburg attack would honestly be good... Its position sucks and it adds another 'big settlement' to the count without having anyone wanting to stick there.

Alabastre is cute as hell, but it suffers from everyone spread everywhere. With a bit of IC projects and stuff it shouldn't be as bad if it links up with Ilburg.

Ilburg is dead. It's pretty as hell, it's great, it has all sorts of spots, it doesn't even need a dojo because desert battles are rad but it suffers a clear case of dead settlement. Linking this lore-heavy place with Alabastre and basically making it one faction (since they have the same leader) is probably the best course of action OOC, even if we (Bog and I) talked about what we could do with the place and how both settlements belonged in their own way.

As far as settlement crunching goes I'm down to talk about my dear dead city that has a lot going for it yet no one to make use of what it has going for it.
Something something make a discord group so we can talk about the plans we had and how we can push said plans into a direction that'll help the feel of the game with its massive map.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Osrona - Good, but should probably be shrunk down. People only really RP inside the garden square or dojo anymore unless they're in a guild, so shrinking it at least by a little is probably good for it.

Nysea - Shouldn't exist, but now that it does, it needs to stay. It's just Osrona 2.0 but the schism was cool and the IC around it at least makes sense. I'd almost keep it as a non-spawn map but that might be too late, too.

Ilburg - Dead, unfortunately. The spawn point for it doesn't even work haha. It's probably a lost cause at this point. Nuke it and fuse it with Alabaster in terms of the lore, a mass migration of culture and ideals flooding over it and losing its own history. RIP Rhoynish, outclassed by demon battlechads.

Alabaster - Honestly, we shouldn't have let this one exist, either. Maybe it had some cool ideas to begin with but it's really not accomplished much and doesn't have its own identity. Sorry to anyone there, but it's true. The city itself is also dead despite what people want to say. I've ghosted over it for a while and I don't see *anything* at all in the streets. Fusing it with Ilburg and making it the new 'Rhoynish' area might be nice. I think Ilburg is prettier but Alabaster is my vote for keeping if we're trying to shrink things down solely because it DOES have a tiny bit more population and, even though Ilburg's aesthetic is a million times better, has a much better location on the map.

Theria - The coolest idea that amounted to not much. Shitty place on the map, a slog to get too, and the population has all but died.. Three times in a row. I think the best thing to do for it would be to mercy kill it. Have Barsburg take over Theria in a grand display of dominance, remove it from the map(but make sure its noted that it STILL EXISTS as a Barsburg Fort that they're launching offensives from), throw in a few mechanical dragon ECs and boom bam boom we can move on.

And then, just in case it wasn't obvious, DON'T APPROVE ANY NEW SETTLEMENTS FOR A WHILE. If there's a really good idea or someone has a MASSIVE following behind them(i mean MASSIVE, no "i have 30 newbies who want to make a city!!"), then make the exception. But make it only when the world can handle it and only when there's clear want behind it. Alabaster is an example of how not to approve a settlement. Nysea is ALSO a mistake, albeit one that you can't just remove now. It shouldn't have been approved as anything more than a few huts for the people fleeing Osrona to squat in, because otherwise, we're going to get the Jianghu problem and have six jianghese settlements pop up one after another every time one of them dies down.

Let's not have the Jianghu problem again, please.

Myllenoris: The fact that I forgot about Myllenoris in my original post should tell you all you need to know about it. It's dead and I blame a lot of that on the Vale. Super secret club where only the cool kids can RP inside is lame and boring, and the Vale itself is also FUCKING HUGE. Myllenoris itself is fine, though, I guess. The aesthetic is hard to RP maybe. I don't know 100% why this place is kind of dead other than people being way too spread out.
In my honest opinon:

Map is pretty huge, too spread out, not much to go about and do, let's shrink it so that we can force more interactions both good and bad; maybe open up the Valerino so that others may find traction in it and have more issues within it as well.

Let a Barsburgian Nuke break Theria down, piss Sythaeryn off and a lot of people off and we can go and do the legendary Barsburg idea that is so appeasing and bring life.

Please, come on man. I just want more people to get hit (not die, but get hit)
Nysea - Has to exist, it's just too active. Also it's the only chance to an academy arc right now.

Illburg/Alabaster - One of these needs to be NPC'd.

Theria - It's cool, but a chore to reach, needs to be moved down the mountain.

My great idea -v

Myllenoris - I honestly feel like the place needs to be NPC'd and instead have its population/people combined with New Osrona. Changing the Vale to more an event zone meant for people aiming towards spiritual stuff, or give it a different entrance.

Osrona - Changed to be a combination of Myllenoris/Osrona styles, while being shrunk slightly.
Topic Options