OriAntagonist Resource Systems
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Ori Wrote: I don't farm dangers, I never have, tbh. I don't think I've ever provoked a danger once.
[Image: unknown.png]

(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Mallow Wrote: You explicably said you farmed 5 dangers for your second hidden token.
You are what's wrong with the game.
This sentence alone tells me that you do not care for the story but to gain the power needed to not be messed with at all.

There are -no- fun out there for those that do it and I think this mentality should be addressed with others.

I think there's no need to point fingers like that, dude. A bit much.
[Image: comm_round_2_11.png]
Serious post now.

I think the mechanics for witches and necromancers are great. Witches during the original e3 started it, vampires fleshed out the idea of the system and i think this really stands as a more completed system.

Both classes can do amazingly cool things with their essence/undeath. From mask/disguise potions to creating a special resource. Not to mention the extra stuff you can always do via apps (adding extra essence or undeath into an item for something special? - this encourages creativity and roleplay.

I've mentioned it before but if vampires ever make a return I'd like to see the race modeled with the above in mind. It's great.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Dreamspeaker Wrote: >no antags in the game
"nothing to do, this game empty and sucks"

>there are antags now that are supported by mechanics
"why are there antags wtf"

???????

That aside, while Witchcraft & Necromancy are both more rewarding classes than Faith, you have to seek out constant danger (which might end up with you dying) and thus engage with the server. In the meantime, as Faith player, you can just spam prayers on everyone, grind faith points and reach highest tier without any risk whatsoever.

I don't think anyone would enjoy it (or think that it's fair) if Witches/ Necromancers could consistently get their class resource out of nowhere.

This isn't a binary choice. And truth be told, I think faith isn't a good system either.
(09-30-2022, 04:39 AM)Moloch Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Mallow Wrote: Hey.

As a person who is playing a witch right now, I don't danger randomly and only fight those that are actually apart of a certain faction, simply because it puts a plot to pursue for others. But there was one line that bothered me the most that makes me violently anger.

Yes, please keep it civil / do not dogpile on them. There's no harm in having the conversation about the system and no need to make it personal. Keep it substantive instead as there are undoubtedly negatives regarding the class systems, so I'm keen to hear feedback and suggestions that could improve or at least inspire thought for change.
(09-30-2022, 04:42 AM)chance Wrote:

As a person who is playing a witch right now, I don't danger randomly and only fight those that are actually apart of a certain faction, simply because it puts a plot to pursue for others. But there was one line that bothered me the most that makes me violently anger.

Yes, please keep it civil / do not dogpile on them. There's no harm in having the conversation about the system and no need to make it personal. Keep it substantive instead as there are undoubtedly negatives regarding the class systems, so I'm keen to hear feedback and suggestions that could improve or at least inspire thought for change.

Make losing dangers give 2 essence.

:')

(09-30-2022, 04:44 AM)Raihex Wrote:

Go fetch another perm.
(09-30-2022, 04:45 AM)chance Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:44 AM)Raihex Wrote:

Go fetch another perm.

(09-30-2022, 04:39 AM)Raihex Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Ori Wrote: I don't farm dangers, I never have, tbh. I don't think I've ever provoked a danger once.

A) You walked into a settlement as an undead

B) You were given multiple warnings to leave, and chose to stick around

C) You were the one who picked the danger settings, I would have agg'd you.
Is there a cap to how many perms you can get? Is there anything stopping Undead just going around and Danger 0 everyone they see to farm Undeath? Because in like fifteen minutes I saw one dude doing three Dangerous fights, I assume his Vit must be severely debuffed from the many fights he does every day so he doesn't care if he loses either.
Topic Options
Thread Closed