Spell Balance Suggestions
(11-11-2023, 04:03 PM)Heimdalic_Dreams Wrote: Spell: Fortuna of Death

Suggestion: ... I know it was fixed rapidly, but it's basically useless now. Even pinning someone into it does bupkiss - It was fixed in less than a day, so I understand there's going to be some badness to it, but, it's basically unusable now.

This. It's super unreliable, with the waves often not hitting people at all. For 15 RPP and 10 Faith, Death is not worth it even if all three waves hit: Can we at least make sure the waves hit properly?
(11-11-2023, 09:28 PM)ChosenOfTiamat Wrote:

Suggestion: ... I know it was fixed rapidly, but it's basically useless now. Even pinning someone into it does bupkiss - It was fixed in less than a day, so I understand there's going to be some badness to it, but, it's basically unusable now.

This. It's super unreliable, with the waves often not hitting people at all. For 15 RPP and 10 Faith, Death is not worth it even if all three waves hit: Can we at least make sure the waves hit properly?

That issue still persists, leaving the spell at a disadvantage when compared to other offensive spells - and factoring in it's Fortuna's damaging spell that provides any sense of threat. Despite its significant investment cost of 20RPP and 10 Faith just to unlock, 'Fortuna: Death' falls short in terms of damage output. Even basic spells like 'Fatal' (stares at camera) outshine it, not to mention the considerably more impactful AoE spells found in other magic trees for half its cost; the disparity in damage becomes more glaring given the substantial investment required to access Death - not including the DMV-like aspect of app'ing for it the tree itself. More of an issue of lack of admins, but still - it's app-gated.

A potential solution could involve reevaluating the mechanics of 'Fortuna: Death.' One suggestion - even though it may have been due to a bug - is actually make it based on the number of tiles a target steps on. It would create something outside of 'place AoE here and pray'. There is already counter-play for it based around how players figured out to treat it like a T-Rex and not move and/or invulnerable.  It would AT LEAST make the spell more interactive and rewarding for players who can effectively manipulate their opponents' movements in this play style. I think, at least.

Alternatively, Death could just go back to however it was originally with being a high damaging, static AoE and was reflectable like any other AoE spells. Either is better than the current state it is in following an admin losing to it and it getting the Ol' Yellar treatment hours following.

#MakeDeathGreatAgain
Spell: Fortuna Death

Fortuna - Death wasn't dealing damage for each wave (fix)
Seems to not have actually fixed it.

I waited for a bit before making a report of my own here to, but having tried to use the spell I often find that all or most of the waves still seem to be missing. I have watched none of the waves hit anyone before, and it seems to be very random if they actually do any damage or not. I will sometimes see that slow effect icon come up, but nothing else. I do think that at this point it might be best to just revert back to one of the earlier versions, and decrease the amount of damage it does if it was doing too much before. Having a spell that is inconsistent just feels bad to use.

Oh also-the spell desc has been wrong for a while as well.
"Send seven waves of Decay out from where you cast this spell. A ring of Fortuna AoE expands out around."
It has only been doing three waves lately.

Anyway, I think the spell looks super cool! Really love the visuals.
Wanted to end this report on that positive note.
Appreciate the attempts that have already been put into fixing it.
Feel free to ticket for a refund of the spell (the fortuna cost/spell points) if desired. Will confirm once it's 100% good.
(11-19-2023, 05:42 PM)Chance Wrote: Feel free to ticket for a refund of the spell (the fortuna cost/spell points) if desired. Will confirm once it's 100% good.

In the interim of the latest iteration of Death being fixed - assuming it's unknown in how long it'll be based on offering refunds on it. Is it possible to revert it its last functioning version prior to the changes? Just so it's at least usable.
ice spike barrage is an 8sd skillshot that frostbites for a bit, it is pretty bad compared to literally any other ice spell
buff damage or frostbite duration or make it root or something idk
[Image: MYqnJtt.png]
give yggdrasil knockback immunity: it's kind of weaker than most intermeds now and it gets pushed out of the arena a lot
[Image: MYqnJtt.png]
(11-18-2023, 09:30 PM)Sharrayzen Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 09:28 PM)ChosenOfTiamat Wrote:

That issue still persists, leaving the spell at a disadvantage when compared to other offensive spells - and factoring in it's Fortuna's damaging spell that provides any sense of threat. Despite its significant investment cost of 20RPP and 10 Faith just to unlock, 'Fortuna: Death' falls short in terms of damage output. Even basic spells like 'Fatal' (stares at camera) outshine it, not to mention the considerably more impactful AoE spells found in other magic trees for half its cost; the disparity in damage becomes more glaring given the substantial investment required to access Death - not including the DMV-like aspect of app'ing for it the tree itself. More of an issue of lack of admins, but still - it's app-gated.

A potential solution could involve reevaluating the mechanics of 'Fortuna: Death.' One suggestion - even though it may have been due to a bug - is actually make it based on the number of tiles a target steps on. It would create something outside of 'place AoE here and pray'. There is already counter-play for it based around how players figured out to treat it like a T-Rex and not move and/or invulnerable.  It would AT LEAST make the spell more interactive and rewarding for players who can effectively manipulate their opponents' movements in this play style. I think, at least.

Alternatively, Death could just go back to however it was originally with being a high damaging, static AoE and was reflectable like any other AoE spells. Either is better than the current state it is in following an admin losing to it and it getting the Ol' Yellar treatment hours following.

#MakeDeathGreatAgain

Since two balances happened, bumping the suggestion for Fortuna's Death spell.

It's clear that Fortuna's Death spell is currently underperforming in comparison to other AoE spells in the game. For instance, the unempowered Star Rain spell does double the damage of Death. Additionally, spells like Abyss Pool, often used defensively, can outdamage Death over the duration, despite Death having a similar cooldown to the two example cases.

The main issue lies in the discrepancy between the low damage output and the extended cooldown period of Death paired with it being Fortuna's only true offensive spell. Given its 30+ second cooldown, the spell doesn't seem to justify its current damage output by comparison. Moreover, the lack of threat potential makes it less effective as a deterrent, as players can simply walk through it without significant concern.

Suggestion: If the intention is to keep Death with its wave mechanic and not adjust the numbers, a reasonable suggestion would be reverting back to the previous 7-wave configuration to give an increased damage potential for the spell rather than outright damage.

Disclaimer because the Death hate train is real: Not advocating for it to delete like it did in its bugged state, but for it perform just as well as other, viable AoE picks.
Spell: Sparkbomb
Suggestion: Increase its damage dramatically + make it GCDE, apply a slow, and/or apply the DR reduction like plasma strike does

as is, the spell pretty much has no redeeming qualities whatsoever
Spell: Boom Burst
Suggestion: Give it a step cast and remove that tiny cast lock it has. It’s all I want for it now.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
Topic Options