Spell Balance Suggestions
Spell: Ghost Rip

Suggestion: Absolutely awesome change to give cambions. It is far more interesting then Black Claw. However, the potential of this ability needs to be dialed back a bit. 

+Cooldown (Something like 2 seconds) to encourage weaving this ability instead of spamming.
+Minimum Mana Requirement to cast as something around 25% mana. (if possible)(Prevents bullying opponents into permanent low mana during a fight using Flux)

My suggestion would be to add in a short cooldown to the ability. Instead of the current version of it where you spam it over and over again, this would encourage people to weave abilities between it.
This could also be associated with a reduction to the mana cost perhaps, to staunch the rather obscene potential of this move with the Mana Absorption tree. 
Or alternatively, a minimum mana amount of perhaps something like 25% of your max mana to cast, if this is possible in Eternia's current system.
As it is right now, you can run your mana to 0, and Flux someone right away. The specific pairing of this move with MA pretty much gives you control over your
Spell: Disarm
Suggestion: Make your weapons location more clear, and maybe 3x3 as opposed to 1x1. It's already extremely oppressive with a good CD technique, good damage, GCDE and removing your staff. It should be easier to see, and pick up. Similar to Crystals. Maybe add the outline to the item that you get with Crystals when they are yours, this could help a lot.

Also make it respect RPB boundaries, throwing someones weapon outisde of rpb box is wild

Spell: Spinthrow
Suggestion: Tweak damage down a little, super big damage considering the rapid tick also. However, do think it should lock up the opponent and not allow them to cast whilst being spun.

Spell: Melodic Repose
Suggestion: Make it actually work? Atm it literally never hits, doesn't tick correctly and heals nothing. Honestly even if it was just a better tick rate healing aoe, that'd be better than what it is currently.

Spell: Lightspeed Kick
Suggestion: Increase Range/Damage. It is rather depressing for an intermediate, however the appearance of it is cool.
Revert some of the Light Speed nerfs

I feel like Light Speed was overly nerfed. It used to have 15 range and 22s CD, without being a master.

Now its 10 range + 30 second cooldown on top of being a master. I feel it could be reverted to previous stats and be fine as a master, or at least revert one of the two other changes.

I understand the changes came from the days where everyone and their mothers were doing light speed + stun + beam but I think nerfing it to being a master really killed its viability since typically auras or stances are better choices.

I feel like increasing the CD AND making it a master in the same change was a bit too much.
Spell: Yggdrasil

Suggestion: 
-cd by 10 seconds 

At the moment, it's a 3md x 6 heal tick, on a 60 second cd. I think the heal and the range are great, but there are a lot of problems with the cd to heal ratio in my opinion. If we divide the time by the total heal value for some heal spells, it comes out like this:

(How many seconds for 1 md of heal)

2.276 sec - Ingrain - Interm(15) - Note: 1 sec self-root
2.5 sec - Time Reversal - Interm(10) - Note: Heals Mana as well
2.5 sec - Reform - Basic(10) - Note: 1k self dmg, cleanse
2.692 sec - Sanctuary - Interm(10) - Note: Acts as a shield too, which reduces the effect of curse on its net hp gain
3 sec - Mend - Basic(10) - Note: Heals allies too
3.333 sec Yggdrasil - Basic(15)
3.750 sec - Aquatic Flow - Basic(10)
3.846 sec - Cleanse - Basic(10) - Note: Cleanse

After the change, at 3md x 6 heal tick, on a 50 second cd:

2.778 sec (still overall worse than sanctuary in almost all conceivable metrics)

Yggdrasil has the issue that you have to be decently close to the tree to get the heals, which means people can push you out of the area if they so wished. If hit with a TK or Void Cutter, the tree will fly away out of the square which also makes it useless. I won't touch on the 15 rpp cost because it's actually a boon until Spore gets lowered to 10 rpp, but nevertheless Yggdrasil is an underwhelming skill, which is unfortunate considering how great it looks.

If the cd reduction change was made, it would be a bit more usable I feel.
Or it can be made to heal allies / ally summons, that would be cool too if not a bit strong.

As a side note, aquatic flow is only healing 2md in 4 ticks, unlike the 2.5md in 4 stated in the tooltip.
(10-29-2023, 09:17 AM)Ebimaru Wrote: Spell: Yggdrasil

Suggestion: 
-cd by 10 seconds 

At the moment, it's a 3md x 6 heal tick, on a 60 second cd. I think the heal and the range are great, but there are a lot of problems with the cd to heal ratio in my opinion. If we divide the time by the total heal value for some heal spells, it comes out like this:

2.692 sec - Sanctuary - Interm(10) - Note: Acts as a shield too, which reduces the effect of curse on its net hp gain

2.778 sec (still overall worse than sanctuary in almost all conceivable metrics)

Yggdrasil has the issue that you have to be decently close to the tree to get the heals, which means people can push you out of the area if they so wished. If hit with a TK or Void Cutter, the tree will fly away out of the square which also makes it useless. I won't touch on the 15 rpp cost because it's actually a boon until Spore gets lowered to 10 rpp, but nevertheless Yggdrasil is an underwhelming skill, which is unfortunate considering how great it looks.

Or it can be made to heal allies / ally summons, that would be cool too if not a bit strong.

As a side note, aquatic flow is only healing 2md in 4 ticks, unlike the 2.5md in 4 stated in the tooltip.

The math here is actually incorrect.

It's a 3 x 7 heal tick, on a 60 second cooldown.
Putting it at 2.86 /sec.

For a basic spell in a base tree, that's very potent.

*cough* buff aquatic flow.
You're right, 7 ticks. I didn't notice the last tick after the tree poofs...

I still think it could use a touchup though, considering how easy it is to deny!
(10-29-2023, 11:18 AM)Violet Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 09:17 AM)Ebimaru Wrote: Spell: Yggdrasil

Suggestion: 
-cd by 10 seconds 

The math here is actually incorrect.

It's a 3 x 7 heal tick, on a 60 second cooldown.
Putting it at 2.86 /sec.

For a basic spell in a base tree, that's very potent.

*cough* buff aquatic flow.
Last I checked Aquatic flow was 8 md over time not 10 >.> it really should be buffed its the weakest tick heal avail in game on a tree that is meant for healing self/allies

to add more unto this

Burden: 5ticks 3 power + cleanse, like 30 second CD
Crystal Heart: 4 ticks 3 power + 8% AP 30 second cd?
Faeborn Tick heal: 4 ticks 3 power + 5% AP Not sure on CD but likely 30 seconds?
And not sure on Repair for Synth but I think its also 4 ticks 3 power?
The same way you can only click tp while on a rpb, restrict summons be summon tree or regular ones, to only be spawned while in rpbs. im tired of people bugging stuff.
[Image: memorias.png?ex=6629925d&is=66171d5d&hm=...a226c91ce&]

Spell: Crystal Cocoon
Suggestion: 
I love the concept of it being breakable thematically, but mechanically it's an incredibly hard invul to make any actual use of (except against armed, but even then it's only as good as any other invul).
The main issue is that any damage tick count towards the 3 to shatter it, and that it has a 40 sec cd
The damage tick includes summons, AoE, and probably bleed and poison DoT too(?).

To illustrate its viability in common invul timings:
Spore
  Cocoon - 3 spores to break, and then you take the rest of the spore damage.
  Others - Invul the entirety
P. Strike
  Cocoon - Invul the entirety and then break, will now be facing an armed user who's off gcd in cqc
  Others - Invul the entirety, and then have another sec or 2 of invul to move or have inbuilt dmg from the invul to keep the opponent away somewhat
AoE
  Cocoon - Is fine if only on one AoE, if there are more sources of dmg will break early
  Others - Will last for the full time, if a movable invul, can get out of AoE
Sear, beams, spin throw
  Cocoon - Ignore first 3 ticks, which is usually maybe 30-40% of damage
  Others - Ignore all ticks, which is usually maybe 100% of damage
Blood User
  Cocoon - Even 1 blood blade will delete the cocoon
  Others - Will not be deleted by 1 blood blade
Any time Imps, Vines, Mandrake, etc. are up
  Cocoon - I had an imp fire right as I cocooned. The single imp deleted my cocoon immediately.
  Others - Will not be disrupted by the presence of summons for the most part

The suggestion would be one of the following:
- Lower the cd by a huge amount. Maybe even by 15 seconds. It's weaker than every other invul and a single crystal spawn will doesn't do enough to offset it. With a low cd, it would hold its own against the others.
- Raise the number of crystals spawned. It probably would still be difficult to use, but it would feel a bit more crystal-y and satisfying.
- Make it not break after ticks.
- Make it break based on damage maybe… idk how I feel about this one but…
Spell: Fortuna of Death

Suggestion: ... I know it was fixed rapidly, but it's basically useless now. Even pinning someone into it does bupkiss - It was fixed in less than a day, so I understand there's going to be some badness to it, but, it's basically unusable now.
__
[Image: Sig3.png]
__
Topic Options