Aoria DM <3 (filled)
Key/Character: El Tenias / Hohenheim
Which Event: Tower of Aetius: Nephilim Rising

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very nice response time, was also active in LOOC, very cool.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles were fun, the bosses did quite alot of damage so we all unanimously decided to dodge and dps rush it. The traps were thought out and pretty funny, partially due to the chaotic energy the party exuded.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was based. I liked the feeling and ambience of a world pretty much on fire. We came up to a large pool of lava with an obelisk piercing the ash clouds and I thought that was very dark souls-like.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): A few injuries, even a perm. All that could've been avoided if we just thought about it a bit, so I believe that's very fair. The rewards were bangers, big ups!

Overall: 9/10, it was based. I prefer 9/10 over 10/10 because 9/10 is significantly funnier to say.

Any other comments: Ahh, damn, I wonder who will run the next few tower events I'll be in. Idk, could be anyone. :eyes:

[Image: oPlQ4Uu.jpg]
Currently: NOT ACCEPTING
[Image: OzJetPV.jpg]
Key/Character: El Tenias / Hohenheim
Which Event: Tower of Aetius: Unsteady Ascent

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Response time was fast, as always. Narrates don't take long and always have content in them. Very cool.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Personally I found it very based how they were able to do last minute balancing before the event began since our party was down 2 members. The fights were still challenging and we even feared losing, but it felt good when we did win against that Saint. The puzzles were very well done and we actually had to rack our brains a bunch to solve the three riddles over the course of the event. Just busting out the shovel and graverobbing was also funny.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I liked it. It was a world of undeath and I liked the feel of it. First coming to a yard full of bones allowed us to know something was out there and the huntress trying to schitzo one of our dudes was cool. I liked the implications and the descs on the items alluding to more on the floor.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Not many injuries as we played it mostly safe, save for Anemone who broke her wrist when facing the nefarious Door which has injured at least 1 person in every event I've been in. At this point, it's tradition. Ymir bless.

Overall: 9/10, it was based. I prefer 9/10 over 10/10 because 9/10 is significantly funnier to say.

Any other comments: mmm aetius flour

Key/Character: Bambi45/ Kit'ava
Which Event:Tower of Aetius: Unsteady Ascent
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Super responsive, very chill. 10/10 would recommend. Narration was fast, descriptive and always held something meaningful.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Overall I think this was really well done. The fights were difficult, but it never felt as if it was too much. Imo a good balance for an event such as this.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Personally I really enjoyed it. Shoutout to the door for breaking a party member's wrist. Shoutout to the big homie Cecil, too. He was a real one.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Can't lie the rewards were super cool. Felt very thematic and felt like it had a great deal of thought put behind the how's and why's. Very interesting stuff!

Overall: 10/10. Hope I get the chance to be in more of your events in the future. :)

Any other comments: Bring Cecil back. Sad
Character: Gel Brightreaver
Which Event: Tower of Aetius: A Knight's Journey

Responsiveness: It was a decent speed for how tired and late it was!
Balance: When the boss was too weak, they adjusted it and when it was too strong, they adjusted it perfectly! It felt challenging (WENT DOWN TWICEEEE ACKKK!).
Storytelling: I liked the vibe of the Coliseum and lost souls and the reference to former knights who were defeated! It was pretty cool and the end boss was great for our vibe (Anti-undead type beat!)
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The rewards were decent. We rich af now dawg and the uniques were amazing for how most of us want to go with our characters! It even inspired me to change it up a little bit on my build

Overall: 9/10 - Lots of laughing lots of fun!

Any other comments: Hopefully next time we wont have to do it in degen hours (No ones fault unavoidable circumstances) but it was very fun!

Character: Godfrey Hadsworth
Which Event: Tower of Aetius: A Knight's Journey

Responsiveness: It was great, we were all absolutely exhausted but it was attentive!
Balance: The balance was great. Started off a bit slower allowing us to ramp up the pace as the rounds went on and the boss got harder!
Storytelling: The entire vibe of things was great. It reminded me of DND dungeons where anything can happen and DID happen because bad rolls lmao
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The rewards were great! The risk was heavy but we dealt with it accordingly and survived the numerous traps and stuff. Punishments were definitely justified and earned especially when I keep walking into traps.

Overall: 10/10 - Great DM with great sense for storytelling and people's characters. Would def run back anytime!
Any other comments: It was late due to some unforeseen circumstances and very tired but next time... it's on.
[Image: oPlQ4Uu.jpg]

Currently: ACCEPTING EVENTS
Key/Character: Jensen Vaughn
Which Event: Floor 15
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very fast, I enjoyed it.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  10/10. The puzzles were actually fun, the EC fights were well balanced as well. I liked the fights, they had character.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Great world building, truly, I never expected anything less.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Yes. 
Overall: 10/10
Any other comments: i love aoria events!
Key/Character: Calamity Taranis
Which Event: Vita et mors
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): It was really fast!!
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  10/10. The puzzles were as expected, although I really suck at them, Im glad my team was able to crack them down. 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 I loved the storytelling, it was exactly what I was looking for, and it helped my dev so much. 
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)  10/10 It was very fair. Thankfully my rolls were godly and I left unharmed. And the rewards were exceptional, exactly what I needed to guide me towards the path Im taking. 
Overall: 10/10
Any other comments: Loved the creepy music she used for the scenes. It definitely fit with the IC, and it settled the ambience quite well. 
[Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png]
Key/Character: Bridget Vanya

Which Event: A Tool Just Right For Me! (Also Aoria's DM training event.)

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 8/10* Posts from both Aoria and the two trial DMs were at a perfectly reasonable pace, keeping me engaged throughout the event, though it took a significant delay to actually start the event as well as certain fights while we waited on DM teaching. An understandable byproduct of DM lessons.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 6/10***, but this was to be expected as we quite literally agreed to be the guinea pigs for new aspiring DMs to get their feet wet and get used to creating and piloting ECs. As such, fights were heavily favored for either the party or in one instance the EC, but this is not necessarily a complaint against Aoria themselves. Again, I totally get it. The fights were still fun.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 8/10, The exploration aspects, the puzzle and the options for us to risk temps for our greed to open abandoned chests were all fairly fun. The overarching puzzle to collect letters to open the final door's riddle was fun, even if what laid beyond that door felt a little out of left field.

Fairness: 8/10*, Given the whole "Teaching new DMs" thing, a lack of balance and fairness was expected. That said, with no perms and rewards that suited every character involved, everyone seemed to walk away pleased.

Overall: Would volunteer to be a new DM guinea pig again.

Any other comments: Armed heavy party vs new DM controlled ECs is pain.
Topic Options