Suggestions
(09-19-2022, 03:43 PM)Avee Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 03:28 PM)chance Wrote: Considering removing Rebirth potions or at least changing it so it refunds 1 tree rather than the entire kit. Unsure.

Rebirth potions should only work to 180, with unlimited uses.

This is my hot-take.

If by 180 you don't have some idea of how functional you will be with your build, or are rather uncomfortable with it, that would be the time to change.

Yes, I understand some builds aren't really "done" until 200+, but the point remains that by 180 you should have realized if you've fucked up or not.

The problem with that is the climb to 180 is really quick, to where you can easily miss that mark (especially if you're moreso focused on roleplay rather than tweaking your build). The same also sort of extends to 200.

I think lowering it to 200 & having a policy of players being able to ticket for staff consideration beyond that limit would be healthier than how it is right now regardless, stated in the item description.
The only reason I disagree with this take it because of how quickly I remember getting to 180. Obviously, it's been a very long time since I reached 180, and I'm only on my first character ever in Eternia so perhaps my opinion doesn't really matter.

I just remember, by the time I was 180, I did not know what I was doing in the slightest, and I hadn't even really fought at all. I don't think I used a rebirth pot for the first time until high 190s, and it was only then that I realized I fucked up.
[Image: image.png?ex=6547aa08&is=65353508&hm=f3a...54dc6db9e&]
(09-19-2022, 03:46 PM)chance Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 03:28 PM)chance Wrote: Considering removing Rebirth potions or at least changing it so it refunds 1 tree rather than the entire kit. Unsure.

This is my hot-take.

If by 180 you don't have some idea of how functional you will be with your build, or are rather uncomfortable with it, that would be the time to change.

Yes, I understand some builds aren't really "done" until 200+, but the point remains that by 180 you should have realized if you've fucked up or not.

The problem with that is the climb to 180 is really quick, to where you can easily miss that mark (especially if you're moreso focused on roleplay rather than tweaking your build). The same also sort of extends to 200.

I think lowering it to 200 & having a policy of players being able to ticket for staff consideration beyond that limit would be healthier than how it is right now regardless, stated in the item description.

I miss the days when 180 was considered high RPL.

Maybe I'm still living in them in my heart.

Yeah, the climb to 180 is -extremely- quick, now that I'm thinking about it.

This said, your last bit seems like a happy middle ground, although staff decisions can leave the door open to drama, as loathe as I am to admit it.

If that RPB tracker of yours doesn't track restrained battles, set up another version of that in a different channel that does, this way an admin can check to see how throttled the player in question is by their peers, might be a fallback if someone claims bias or some shit.

Just a thought.
Swap Fortune & Gift of the Gabs four leaf clover costs. (So make Fortune cost 1 four leaf clover, and Gab cost 3)

Increase four leaf clover spawns- I've never seen a single one in my entire time on Meranthe.

Lower Vitality scale cost to 2, lower Agility rabbits feet cost to 2.

5 is kind of crazy, there's a reason why most everyone does power boosters now. Because collecting 100 fire crystals (No shared loot pool) and 500 fireflies (One run around Meranthe can net me around 70-100) is way, way easier than collecting 50 wind crystals (Has a shared loot pool) and 250 rabbits feet or 50 earth crystals (Has a huge shared loot pool) and 250 scales (Has a shared loot pool).

Lower the Ky'iah requirement on Blackout to 3, like a mana amnesia. Up the lightning crystal cost to 5. Make it more like brewing an amnesia instead of suffering for one of the more rare ingredients in Meranthe.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
(09-19-2022, 03:46 PM)chance Wrote:

This is my hot-take.

My only problem with this is it makes it harder for some people to test builds. Like i had a cool build idea. Problem? That build likely wouldn't be in a state that would be "good" till 200 maybe more it required a hidden for my idea to work but its one I thought would be cool and fun and that's even if it works the way im thinking it might. If it doesn't well then i have to ticket and hope its seen as a good enough reason to get a rebirth. Now should my build be based around a hidden? Not really no but it is something i could maybe do before 210 and if it messes up well i can change but not with this change sadly.
(09-19-2022, 05:40 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: Lower Vitality scale cost to 2, lower Agility rabbits feet cost to 2.

5 is kind of crazy, there's a reason why most everyone does power boosters now. Because collecting 100 fire crystals (No shared loot pool) and 500 fireflies (One run around Meranthe can net me around 70-100) is way, way easier than collecting 50 wind crystals (Has a shared loot pool) and 250 rabbits feet or 50 earth crystals (Has a huge shared loot pool) and 250 scales (Has a shared loot pool).

Don't tell them that or they'll just nerf power boosters again... Power used to take 1 fire crystal each, and now it takes two. I don't know why crafters were nerfed so damn hard for E4, because it doesn't just hurt them, it hurts everyone else who has to pay 8k for mana amnesias and even more for blackouts now

Quote:Lower the Ky'iah requirement on Blackout to 3, like a mana amnesia. Up the lightning crystal cost to 5. Make it more like brewing an amnesia instead of suffering for one of the more rare ingredients in Meranthe.

In addition, maybe add some ky'iah spawns in other caves than just the mines, like the mushroom cave. I'm not biased towards Dal'Thala or anything, but it just isn't fair to them that more than half of the spawns are firmly in enemy territory.

I've been giving this a think, so why not toss in my two cents. Maybe...
  • Can only be used twice.
  • 200 RPL restriction, after that no go.
  • Will refund everything EXCEPT attunements.
On one hand, I like how Rebirths work at the moment. Being able to redo an entire build twice before RPL 200 is pretty fun. But that's a mechanical fun, and most of the time I'm all for mechanical fun but...

There's something that makes me feel... meh/bleh about redoing an entire build. Like all of it. I could if I wanted to swap into an entirely different build without sticking to the core fundamentals of my character (And I did on Ryllie, literally swapped from fire to straight up all Metaphysical. Sure, it was a character arc involving religion but even then...).

If you make it that it can't refund attunements, then the original, core concept of the magic of a character HAS to be kept. A time mage cannot simply drop out of metaphysical. A magma mage cannot simply drop out of fire, etc etc...

Oh. Also. I'd make it that occultism and exorcism CANNOT be refunded via a rebirth. IDK if it can be refunded but... Yeah that sorta magic shouldn't go poof period.
(09-19-2022, 10:54 PM)Seeker Speaker Wrote:

On one hand, I like how Rebirths work at the moment. Being able to redo an entire build twice before RPL 200 is pretty fun. But that's a mechanical fun, and most of the time I'm all for mechanical fun but...

There's something that makes me feel... meh/bleh about redoing an entire build. Like all of it. I could if I wanted to swap into an entirely different build without sticking to the core fundamentals of my character (And I did on Ryllie, literally swapped from fire to straight up all Metaphysical. Sure, it was a character arc involving religion but even then...).

If you make it that it can't refund attunements, then the original, core concept of the magic of a character HAS to be kept. A time mage cannot simply drop out of metaphysical. A magma mage cannot simply drop out of fire, etc etc...

Oh. Also. I'd make it that occultism and exorcism CANNOT be refunded via a rebirth. IDK if it can be refunded but... Yeah that sorta magic shouldn't go poof period.

One day, I'll stop entering Esshar, and enter Eternia right.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
I'm going to play devil's advocate in favour of rebirths.

Some builds don't have a chance in hell at fighting other builds. Anyone who's played melee (unarmed or armed) into minefield will get what I mean. Ent players who played against blood users in Esshar will also get what I mean. People who have dared to fight a sustain build without a curse (gem or otherwise) will get what I mean. Hard counters are more prevalent than a lot of people think.

This essentially leads to a scenario where you're not allowed to leave a settlement unaccompanied when your rival is online because the moment you leave, you're going to be on their short list for people to scout for easy Ws.

Rebirths empower you to get around that, to change your build and have a fighting chance against said person. Sometimes an amnesia just plain isn't enough to deal with it, after all.

Given that rivalries often kick in at or around 200, 200 is a little low to be the build-changing cutoff point. At minimum, maybe it should be 205 to have a literal middleground.

EDIT:
Addressing Seeker, you can't learn Occultism if you've learned Holy magic and vice versa. Both kinds of magic literally corrupt your system and if you were to try to learn one after learning the other (even with a rebirth potion) I'm fairly sure you'd explode.
(09-19-2022, 10:54 PM)Seeker Speaker Wrote:

That's called a Mana Amnesia bud.
Topic Options