Suggestions
Sometimes, the right master active skill will be more helpful for a build compared to a master aura or maybe even a master toggle buff

Glacier is absolutely no joke, for example...

That said? Yeah, some balancing of the masteries can be needed. I am a fire/explosion currently, and I have not even bothered thinking about Scorch or Cinderflare as the masters.
Please give Faceless true Mimic stuff as a master

So I can steal the bars of my opponents and really infiltrate. (I wont infiltrate. Im too busy preaching in the streets)
(08-25-2022, 10:31 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: I might be assuming, but I think it might be because in most cases 1 of those 2 mastery points is likely going to go to a 10% AP combat stance (Unless only Windwalker is 10% AP and the other 3 aren't than ooph).

So it's a choice between 2 cool spells or 1 cool spell and 1 flat damage increase. Could potentially just make it that the advanced combat styles require 200 RPL and no mastery token.

But again, this is under the assumption that most people Go: 1 Cool spell, 1 flat damage increase via master combat style.

An aura (or stance) & attack spell when you peak at 210 w 10+ dangers is fine. Or even an aura + stance if you want to do that.

Windwalker is +10AP. Let's call it 25 Power. Garuda is 20 Agility, Fomorian is 10 Vitality, Ifrit is 10 Power. Marksman is 20 Power, 10 Agility, Conjurer is 10 Vitality, etc etc. Let's say a mastery stance is a +15 stat gain, & of course, a glowy weapon / custom activation text!

It's a nice upgrade, but not necessarily 'I have to get this'. It's also a great option if your own tree lacks a desirable mastery. 

But the idea here, of course, is choice. Maybe as an Air & Lightning mage I want to go hard and get Arc of Devastation and Vacuum Vortex. That's pretty fun. A lot of the attack based mastery spells are really good (and some do need TLC). The person who picks 2 attack spells could even end up being mentored for a stance or scoring a signature through the form. 

The flexibility & milestones to meet is the important part. It replaces the former system (journals) in an elegant way while keeping things diverse.

There will be growing pains, of course. Things will need to be buffed and nerfed. New content is more desirable in certain areas, etc. But that's a part of the process.
In short, just because you 'peak' at 210 with 10+ dangers, you're not incapable of getting thing else through the game or through a mentor.

There are so many avenues of growth, you just have to look out and try your luck in hopes that you do something well. 

Worry not a thing.
There should be two types of sea tiles. 'Normal' ones that a rowboat can travel and 'deep sea' ones that only a large ship that can be specially 'docked' somewhere on the map can access. This would give more reasons to own a large ship and also makes deep sea island loot more lucrative imo.
[Image: dOmPfIR.png]
Hello! Lets talk about Faceless.
When I first heard about them my first thought was 'what a menace'
but quickly enough I realized they're flawed by a design that expects too much
of people. I understand that's their job but it gives you the whole time without
being able to do anything.

My suggestion,
Give them two abilities. Keep the face removing one but also add something that
allows them to transform with some sort of CD or VIT nerf to their stats so they can't
abuse it. Basically so they can change their face to something completely new and infiltrate
factions and etc.
(08-26-2022, 01:16 PM)Horos Wrote: Hello! Lets talk about Faceless.
of people. I understand that's their job but it gives you the whole time without

My suggestion,
allows them to transform with some sort of CD or VIT nerf to their stats so they can't
abuse it. Basically so they can change their face to something completely new and infiltrate
factions and etc.

can u elaborate
(08-26-2022, 02:10 PM)BLOX Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 01:16 PM)Horos Wrote: Hello! Lets talk about Faceless.

My suggestion,
factions and etc.

can u elaborate

Claro papi,
I believe that them being able to create some types of disguises,
shape shift (like the old ability to transform but with some sort of control behind it)
Faceless could change their appearance to people that aren't just players, and with it
changing to other shapes. 

I would LOVE to see Faceless getting their own unique essence-like system BUT I feel that would require some sort of time
to work in it. I don't really know how coding works.. I think it would bring more opportunities to them not only to do something 
with their abilities but to complete their jobs. Transforming to infiltrate a organization or to lure a target to go somewhere so they 
can attempt to take their face. If it has some sort of CD it would be a cool thing to see.
Give Faceless the Rebirth Potions effect as a racial spell.
(08-26-2022, 05:48 PM)Enginseer-42 Wrote: Give Faceless the Rebirth Potions effect as a racial spell.

Imagine fighting someone like Sting and he's kicking your ass so you use your rebirth racial and start dpalming his meteors
Topic Options