Suggestions
(08-21-2022, 08:36 PM)Simonh2000 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 05:33 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: Another fourth dimensional and powerful take.

Remove/change the curse effect and instead make it so all status effects but slows halve healing from sustain. Burn, poison, bleed, the whole nine yards.

Occult and illusion shouldn't be the only trees capable of contesting the sustain meta.

(Just a suggestion I haven't fought anyone with sustain but I've seen some sins out there.)

most of the point of curse is countering sustain, so I think having them all do the same amount would have all the other (more popular) status effects stealing its thunder. I think it'd be better if they all reduced sustain by 25%-ish, instead, but other than that, I totally agree that sustain needs more counters.

That's kinda the point. If curse's only point is countering healing, then it's either dead weight or necessary as a status effect depending on who you face. It's better off being a part of status effects as a whole and giving curse a new identity.
(08-21-2022, 08:56 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 08:36 PM)Simonh2000 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 05:33 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: Another fourth dimensional and powerful take.

Remove/change the curse effect and instead make it so all status effects but slows halve healing from sustain. Burn, poison, bleed, the whole nine yards.

Occult and illusion shouldn't be the only trees capable of contesting the sustain meta.

(Just a suggestion I haven't fought anyone with sustain but I've seen some sins out there.)

most of the point of curse is countering sustain, so I think having them all do the same amount would have all the other (more popular) status effects stealing its thunder. I think it'd be better if they all reduced sustain by 25%-ish, instead, but other than that, I totally agree that sustain needs more counters.

That's kinda the point. If curse's only point is countering healing, then it's either dead weight or necessary as a status effect depending on who you face. It's better off being a part of status effects as a whole and giving curse a new identity.
ohh, I see. I think that could be cool, especially since the curse effect's never really felt worth the difficulty of landing distort in a real fight. do you have any ideas of what to replace it with? personally, my only suggestion would be removing the damage dealt to the target over the duration of the status effect from their max hp for the rest of the round, similar to how black knife tiche works in elden ring. 

that might be a bit op, though, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt, lol.
I am once again here asking to make light speed a master.

It is currently far too strong as it practically ensures a guaranteed whip combo.
[Image: image0.png]

I dislike this suggestion because there are so many ways to easily stack status effects. For instance, I ran Poison, and because I became very proficient with it, I was able to consistently maintain poison uptime on enemies. I imagine a skilled Blood user would be able to do the same. If all of my poisoning spells rather than just Acid Spray halved healing, a sustain build would be literally powerless before me. There would be jack they could do because the focus of their build would be nullified. Even with the mere three curses I had, I often pressured nature users to the point that they had to unslot Ingrain and Yggdrassil because they were literally just taking up useless space on their bars.

If your suggestion is implemented, sustain would just be another worthless noob trap. It may as well be removed - I honestly think it would be better for the game if sustain was rarer and restricted to either supplementary racials (i.e. Dullahan's Burden, which doesn't just heal but also cleanses) or very rare abilities (such as the Pride sin). No one likes seeing an epic gamer sitting in a corner dodging you and healing to full and zoning you out with five healing skills and five damage skills. It's a zero-sum game - either you have the potential to pressure them (whether through curse or just having high damage) or you lose outright in a slow, frustrating slogfest because they'll just steadily outheal you.
make the mastery stances their former exalted stance variants from their respective trees, instead of their master stance ones

right now windwalker is the only one that's its exalted and losing +10 vit from conjurer -> guardian bites
[Image: characters-2-smaller.png]
(08-21-2022, 10:39 PM)ratqueen Wrote: make the mastery stances their former exalted stance variants from their respective trees, instead of their master stance ones

right now windwalker is the only one that's its exalted and losing +10 vit from conjurer -> guardian bites

It's very silly that windwalker is the only one of these that's their exalted version when I'd say Windwalker was /the/ strongest exalted stance to begin with.

Please fix this, or nerf windwalker back down.
[Image: corpoggo.png]
its prob cause the effect of the other 3 is better...
Nerf book or buff other weapons. Yes, it was only introduced today. Yes, it is in fact that strong. It is instantly both the most accessible 200+ weapon on the market for mages, and the best one on the market, unless you're *really* pushing for that 4 extra pow. Let's do some comparisons.

[Image: ded4d676b6af3aa67fc65fb2d953b11d.png]

Master Staff - 25 pow. Twice the Ori, and add 6 Myth. Both are mythical in their rarity rn, and in their price. I see Ori sell for 1500-2000, and I see Myth sell for similar prices.
Exalted Staff - 30 pow. Again, 6 Ori, and 6 Arcanium, which runs about 20k a piece right now.
Book - 26 pow, -50 weight. 3 Ori, and 30 leather (lmao it could be 300 and it'd still be a fraction of the price compared to the weapons posted above). I will die on the hill that 5% CDR is worth more than 4 pow. It's outright stronger than the master staff, while costing literally a quarter of the price.

I suppose we could bring in the big staff, the Scepter, which is 9 Nyeshk and 9 Tyrium (why is it so expensive holy hell), for +35 pow and +50 weight. Is 9 pow worth a 10% CD difference? I'm unsure. Probably not, when you can reach 300+ without it.
(08-21-2022, 10:54 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: Nerf book or buff other weapons. Yes, it was only introduced today. Yes, it is in fact that strong. It is instantly both the most accessible 200+ weapon on the market for mages, and the best one on the market, unless you're *really* pushing for that 4 extra pow. Let's do some comparisons.

Master Staff - 25 pow. Twice the Ori, and add 6 Myth. Both are mythical in their rarity rn, and in their price. I see Ori sell for 1500-2000, and I see Myth sell for similar prices.
Exalted Staff - 30 pow. Again, 6 Ori, and 6 Arcanium, which runs about 20k a piece right now.
Book - 26 pow, -50 weight. 3 Ori, and 30 leather (lmao it could be 300 and it'd still be a fraction of the price compared to the weapons posted above). I will die on the hill that 5% CDR is worth more than 4 pow. It's outright stronger than the master staff, while costing literally a quarter of the price.

I suppose we could bring in the big staff, the Scepter, which is 9 Nyeshk and 9 Tyrium (why is it so expensive holy hell), for +35 pow and +50 weight. Is 9 pow worth a 10% CD difference? I'm unsure. Probably not, when you can reach 300+ without it.

Honestly the easiest solution and most fitting is adding arcanium to the battle tome recipe. Arcanium binding, may 3x or 4x. Something up that alley.
(08-21-2022, 10:54 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: Nerf book or buff other weapons. Yes, it was only introduced today. Yes, it is in fact that strong. It is instantly both the most accessible 200+ weapon on the market for mages, and the best one on the market, unless you're *really* pushing for that 4 extra pow. Let's do some comparisons.

On that note, maybe it would be worth looking at the Nyeshk and Tyrium melee weapons, which give large amounts of weight in exchange for marginal increases in physical power. The Nyeshk greatsword gives +10 power and +40 phys in exchange for +50 weight, and the Tyrium warhammer gives +10 power and +30 phys in exchange for +30 weight.

However, melee is dependent on CDR. Without CDR you can't move in, you can't set up your combos, you can't do a damn thing. Compare them to an Arcanium sword which is +20 power + 25 phys while being weightless, and Nyeshk has a mere 5 power difference. Even if you might do a bit more damage, is that worth not being able to keep the pressure on? After all, pressure is everything.

Both of these weapons are worse in every way than even Mythril, I would argue. They should probably be looked at.
Topic Options