Suggestions
(05-10-2020, 07:35 PM)ry0un0suke Wrote: ...

a good idea, and something that's actually a planned feature: "Cooked items should have the chance for a randomized bonus of 1-5 Power. The base chance for this bonus is 5%. Every 1 level of cooking increases it by 0.1% (at level 100 cooking it’d be 15%). The +power bonus should display in the cooked item’s description."
we want to be able to do a shot of vinegar for 5 power
A whole bottle of vinegar should not go for a single salad serving

I think, about 1/4 of bottle should be used for it.
Mechanically, I see it like this: alchemist crafts a Vinegar; Then - on crafting (or consuming) a Vinegar item is not taken from inventory but it is changed to similar item - "Vinegar (3/4 bottle)", and so on: "Vinegar (3/4 bottle)"->"Vinegar (1/2 bottle)"->"Vinegar (1/4 bottle)".

Or add another property to vinegar (and alcohol) bottles - "remaining quantity of liquid" (it will cause problems with database and saves at first, I suppose, but it is a correct way)
you've clearly never seen how i eat salad dressing
Have you never just filled your salad bowl with dressing and eaten your salad like a leafy soup?
(05-11-2020, 05:13 PM)Enginseer-42 Wrote: Have you never just filled your salad bowl with dressing and eaten your salad like a leafy soup?

i'm sorry i'm not a wild animal
i miss mouse so much
[Image: unknown.png]
So, this isn't really a spell balance as opposed to a balance suggestion in general.
The changes to the Mana stat now giving 0.15% instead of 0.20% are good, however I feel nerfing one side of the coin(Mana / Agi) only buffs the other and with the way agility works currently there is actually no way where you can look at it statistically and be like, yeah they're balanced.
We all know, that the best way to view Crit Chance is to see it as a percentage AP increase by halfing it. This is common knowledge, just like viewing DR is better viewed as Effective Vitality Gain.
Essentially you have your two core stats; Vitality and Power scaled by the Support stats, however balancing them fairly is difficult in their current form. However, I think there's a better way to do it-- Although I'm sure certain people will not be a fan of it, I decided to at least spitball the idea. Hopefully this way, we'll be able to get the support stats in question balanced to one another, so that way we can deal with the biggest problems, which in my opinion are in the spell trees and mechanics themselves. Not the stats.

So my suggestion, is pretty simple. Just change the 'crit chance' to an AP increase, which mirrors the Damage reduction increases of Mana. That way, one can be used to boost your damage or your effective power and the other can be used to boost your effective vitality. Essentially making it far easier to build accordingly, there is less inconsistency, and overall I feel it'll be beneficial as a whole. The Flee/Pursue feature and everything doesn't need touching in this, I just feel this is a much more refined and direct way to view them and have them apply.

That way, there's very little complain about the stats and their bonuses, since they are literally mirrors amplifying different core stats. On another note, make your characters Damage Reduction apply to your vitality, similar to how Damage Boost applied. So people are capable of seeing and understanding their stats a little more.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Dazzer
Quote:Change: Lowers the +DR on Mana from 0.02% to 0.015% at 150 Mana and above.
Change: Lowers critical hit damage from 50% to 30%.

So, this has a few problems.

1) The effectiveness of DR was lowered by 25% post 150. This only affects people that put points into mana, of which you can put 50~ max in.
2) The effectiveness of AGI was decreased by 40%. This effects everyone, but effects those who pour points into agi more as their 100+ point investment is hit.

I understand the intent, but the damage done is vastly disproportionate. This just swings things right back into the 'everyone should invest 50+ points into mana' side of things again.

It also buffs sustain a good deal too as they now can survive longer to heal.
Reducing the effectiveness of mana won't hurt those who stack it as much as it hurts those whose only source of DR is mana. It was probably with good intentions, but the nerf has buffed rather than hindered those who run with several sources of DR.

DR was (briefly) removed from all auras for a good reason.
Stop buffing sustain by nerfing sustain then nerfing counter-sustain harder.. please.. My soul hurts.

Also: If you're going to nerf crit, treat it as the mana nerf. Less crit chance past a certain amount or something.
Topic Options