HealsNo more 100% RBs or high RPL boosts.
Hello and welcome to heal's speaker's corner (minus a nice font edition).

No more 100% RBs or high RPL boosts. This is bad for multiple reasons -
- It invalidates the effort put into characters by new players who are just starting or people making a new character, perpetuating the cycle of 'you need to be 200 to not get stomped'. This goes against the ideas espoused earlier of wishing to attract new players, by actively making a toxic environment (especially one full of ganks) for them.
- It allows huge population shift to happen suddenly, destabilizing entire factions and reducing the interesting narrative potential of 'place is rising slowly' by having them suddenly just be strong.
- It's story-wise disappointing to have BIG ANTAG 327 pop in from nowhere with no buildup or dev and be another faceless mook with power just earned through an app (good app or not).
- From what I've heard in the past, it takes ~ a month to get to RPL 200 (of constant RP) which means that people who get that kind of boost basically have -1 IRL month that they could have been devving or establish their character or w/e. (this is also a message to Demon players because I just hope ya know that apping for any ability since they are so many of you + lack of establishing dev is going to be hard as hell so I hope you like what you have to start with...)

This has been heal's tedtalk. I look forwards to the continuation of DMs given to me of Demons doing grimy things and being yucky.

Also can we have the church moved into the walls? It's gank central so we don't use it thank you milly.
I agree with this. I understand it was incentivation to stack some cards into the antags deck, well this is actually more like the third of that nature. 

Now, we'll likely be needing to turn around to offer the same to the protags to balance the field.

On another note.. 60~ demons is way passed overkill. And they'll be starting at a decent RPL, some with hiddens and legendary weapons off the jump while these passed few weeks Osrona has already been struggling to even keep.. ten people active in the town at once.

Personally speaking, I don't see this next arc being much fun at all for anyone except those who just spawned in with a new 200+ RPL character, some hiddens and a custom weapon -- fully aware of what the meta builds are. I'm sure they will be having a blast. 

We'll see.
I agree it's not right that a character that had time to learn build and test them are given 100% RB. For one that will easily stomp anyone in their way and kill people that have worked hard to reach 200 rpl. The people that have 100% RB have no story with any of the other characters and will likely kill them the first chance they get. That's not building a story that's demotivating people from starting again.
Not only that but some Demons start with a hidden spell that tips the scale in their favor, and this isn't a way to get new players to join the game;
The fact that people get bored with their characters and are offered a chance to get a 200 rpl fresh spawn because their bored is crazy.
I for one welcome our demonic overlords.

Jokes aside, I'd rather have an environment where people are afraid to go outside due to danger than what the status quo was.

I'll take overwhelming amounts of conflict over no conflict any day, and while there might be some slip ups on the demon side, I think this is exactly the infusion of life the game needs.
As per specifics? Demon culture has culling. There is going to be some in fighting within their group so the 60+ is meant for that. many of these people should expect to die, respectively saying.  also it might be important to note that some may spawned in high, but many of them have not. Aside from those who spawned in with exceptional hiddens and unique weapons which I think is 100% bullshit, the faction of demons will be fine. its a necessary evil.
(02-02-2020, 11:48 PM)Hated Wrote: As per specifics? Demon culture has culling. There is going to be some in fighting within their group so the 60+ is meant for that. many of these people should expect to die, respectively saying.  also it might be important to note that some may spawned in high, but many of them have not. Aside from those who spawned in with exceptional hiddens and unique weapons which I think is 100% bullshit, the faction of demons will be fine. its a necessary evil.

Does it? I've not heard of lick of such a thing myself in terms of culling being part of their culture, all I've seen is this, though: https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/lore/in.../Demonkind

I just feel bad for the new players who won't really have anything to do since everyone is so powerful and they are small and weak until they play for a month, in which time Demons will likely be 220+.
Demons get stronger by eating anything with magical flesh, this be any magi or other demons themselves. seeing how demons can fight for their ranks it also goes to say they can eat each other hence the culling culture. yes, they may be stacked but they will face adversity between themselves along with whatever ic comes the demonkins way.
100% Rebirths? bad

75% Rebirths? Good

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
(02-03-2020, 05:27 AM)TheHipster Wrote: 100% Rebirths? bad

75% Rebirths? Good

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
100% Rebirths should only. Only. ONLY EVER.
Happen to characters who had a really shitty death, but their death got spread too quickly for admins to really retcon it. his should only be given as a 'shit dude were sorry this happened but we wanna make it up to you without fucking over ic'

New factions should only spawn in with their leaders being around 200 RPL. Everyone else should spawn in at 150 or under. Even rebirths. At best, give them an intermediate hidden or two on top of the 150. But unless they are meant to be a leader, they shouldn't go higher than a 75% rebirth.
My discord is Vi#6600
(02-03-2020, 12:28 AM)Hated Wrote: Demons get stronger by eating anything with magical flesh, this be any magi or other demons themselves. seeing how demons can fight for their ranks it also goes to say they can eat each other hence the culling culture. yes, they may be stacked but they will face adversity between themselves along with whatever ic comes the demonkins way.

lmao if you've ever once thought lore matters to most players
Topic Options