Suggestions
(07-15-2020, 01:40 PM)BabyFatJesus Wrote: Since before the map was made smaller, there has been a shortage of soothe reed every where.
Now that the map has been made smaller, the amount of resources on the map from those deleted areas were not scattered back around the new one.
Now that shortage of soothe reed has only been made even worse.
Please increase the amount of soothe reed on the map, or make amnesia's require less of them.
Please for the love of god, do at least one of these two.
Suffer alchemist.
After some consideration, hex will be a more direct ability that applies a light debuff (-10vit) to the target and curses them with a strong command/suggestion. But it won't no longer be anon so if someone casts a hex they're obviously channelling a direct curse. Mainly because 'find the witch' has always felt largely OOC motivated and awkward despite a handful of good scenes. Either some people are really lenient to the point it doesn't even make sense ICly, or they meta, then an in between here and there.

Essentially the opposite of blessing while also being able to make a strong suggestion/command to someone that plays off of their current emotions.
I don't know if I agree with this. I understand what you're trying to do...But I don't feel as if this helps with witches who are seeking to 'infiltrate' and sway the tides of others. Honestly, I think that even though it is wildly OOC motivated to 'find the witch' amidst hex sessions...I also think that witches have to be very delicate in who/when they choose to hex. Ultimately, no matter what happens, there's going to be some amount of OOC involved but...This is sort of a nerf to their infiltration and a buff to their 'combat ability'. I, personally, don't recommend this(although, if I were a witch), I'd appreciate the change.

It's just not something that someone would use out in the open unless they're already...Obviously exposed. There wouldn't be much trickery involved anymore if you make it as obvious as them 'channeling' this negative energy into another being. If anything, I would suspect the people around the person to go 'bro, you're being hexed, chill'.
When you try to 'infiltrate' despite making it widely known that you're potentially a witch OOCly, by having big, open scenes undisguised around every demon, forum posts that give it away, etc, it immediately takes away from the surprise factor. You'll either have people who are giving you a pass because they don't want to 'oppress the antagonist', or those who take a detail and stretch it a mile. Then there's the confusion where players don't know what's good and what's bad roleplay or what to act out, because they're not sure what amount of evidence is enough, etc etc. It quickly becomes a headache factor when there's a large group of people involved.

And it isn't being sneaky so much as expecting everyone to blind themselves and act dumb, or... never find out that a person is a witch, because the only way someone can stumble on it is in an anti-climatic fashion. So I think hex is better like this. A good witch should be able to manipulate people without a mind control button, anyway.
That's understandable, honestly.
I guess my biggest want was for witches to remain somewhat stealthy, but I understand your desire to do this. Posts and things of that nature reduce the anonymity of the situation so it makes it harder and less climactic altogether. Mmmh...I suppose the change is okay.
(07-23-2020, 07:31 PM)Mali Wrote: ...

Could always operate under a disguise/alias as a cloaked witch, visit people using dream walk, take advantage of telepathy, etc.
there's a lot of weird random typos still sitting around and it bugs the hell out of me

like can we pick either orichalcum or "orchilacum" and stick to it (pick the first one it sounds better)

also rejuvenation*
i miss mouse so much
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: BzZgsHuNx4fQAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png]
This is a cute change. Then Alabastre won't be in the middle of no where and the jungle can be connected to the south. Starfall should be changed a bit to reflect the war and battle. It would encourage more RP there and in Alabastre. The space before it should be like empty forests but maybe those houses can stay be like the two houses in the desert. The jungle should be east. People will be there for the cacao and boars. Koden made this. I think it's cute and should maybe be considered moving forward.
[Image: a1f3cc2bfee77a18eded58b35396ef26.png][Image: 8a316927437131f82cd35855d4893473.png]
thats basically the E1 map at that point, just different.

except danarium has a bridge to byson
It's all functionally in the same spots too. Amazing.
Topic Options