DidosChaotic Dungeoning with Didos
Event Preferences: Anything works for me! But undeath themes and some Void ( lovecraftian stuff ) might make my mind work more!
Other Notes:  My mind work in mysterious ways, prepare for anything

Are you currently running events, and if so, are you considering player requested events?: Chaos
Discord: Didos#5077

[Image: 990143b52eb98ed7b530a7a210a7aa45.jpg]
[Image: image.png]
Character: War
Which Event: Culling the Weak

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Their narrations were posted very quickly, and whatever questions we had were responded just as quickly! We didn't go more than five minutes without having something to do, except for the moment I ignored the entire event plan.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles were fun for the risk asked! It was a bit too easy at first, and then a bit too hard, but afterwards I think a decent balance was found.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was super fucking good. I destroyed the entire first part of the event and ignored it whole, but he adapted really well to it without fucking us up.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) I have no idea what's the risk/reward ratio in e3 everything feels too rewarding for me the moment there is more than 1 unique mat given without a death

Overall: A very pleasant experience, would definitely ask for Didos to DM stuff for me again! Anything that could be considered even slightly unsatisfactory came from a lack of experience, and even those were mostly ironed out by the end of the event.
[Image: Fky6ssr.png]
Character: Hina Vanreth
Which Event: Culling the Weak

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Yes! The narrations were extremely quick, and questions were answered just as quickly. Things got held up a little in the middle due to IRL circumstances, but we were kept in the loop.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): I was unaware that I had insecurities about not having a cleanse until the moment I was hit with a five second EC root spell and then singled out for a magma wave. That being said, balance issues at the beginning made sense - and things got better and better as the event went on! He adjusted rather quickly to concerns, and was pretty damn good at balancing on the fly.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Fuck yeah. Didos has always been an amazing storyteller, and this event was really no exception. He even found playbys for people we wouldn't even necessarily see the images of. That's attention to detail. Not to mention he actually matched mechanics to narrative at times (having people powerdown by 10 vitality for a fight upon a failed perception roll, for instance).
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I might've rolled like shit the one time I went down, but by god it wasn't as bad as I've known it to be. I'd call this about right.

Overall: Very fun! This guy's a fast learner, and I would go on another event ran by him.

Any other comments: The Bellators are bulls in a china shop, and I am a fine piece of porcelain. Please. Please no more scorched earth. I'm begging you three.
[Image: unknown.png]
thank you dandeli
Heart 
Character: Ascella ven Grimmore
Which Event: Beware.. With what hides in the Forest

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very quick!

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Round 1 the EC was a bit too weak but it was just right the very next round so great adjustment, the frenzy round was also very good, maybe a tad too tanky for how much offense it was bringing that round but we still got kinda close so it wasn't too far from just perfect. Round and roll based mechanics for the fight are cool too.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Great vibe, the narrations were a great read and told a story rather than just describing the environment and not much more. It guided the players more towards the DM's story instead of leaving it to the player RPs which I very much prefer because it can get messy and longwinded when the players dictate where things go sometimes, though our RPs still had impact and interacted with the narrates so agency wasn't really lost either. ( also, music, the didos special :relieved: )

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Very fair!

Overall: I believe this was only the second time DMing? Felt like a veteran, besides the R1 oopsie, to be honest! 9/10 would love to go again!

Any other comments: ladybug .
[Image: ascellachibi2.png]
Character: Majin Okabe
Which Event: Beware... With What Hides In The Forst

Responsiveness: I can't say we ever found ourselves really waiting too long for any narrates. Didos has an impressive capacity for dropping walls and taking everything into account, and I'd say he did a fine job in this department.

Balance: As mentioned above, the first round was a bit wonky, and the power was a bit high for a little bit, but he was quick to adjust and soon found a sweetspot. Besides one instance of tremor spam or so, I'd say the fights were all piloted really well, attack patterns done fairly without stomping us all out completely without a chance to fight back.

Storytelling: It was good. Narrates were immersive and told the story really well, as simple as a concept as it was.  I enjoyed it, even if ladybug shenanigans got in the way of it a little bit
Fairness: Definitely fair, especially for the small scale of the event (being effectively just a low risk bounty quest). All of the dev items were thematically appropriate and cute.

Overall: Very nice. Definitely a little bit of room for improvement but for a relatively new DM there's little to complain about.

Any other comments:
Nat 1's for the win.

Ladybug.
[Image: corpoggo.png]
Character: Tanika
Event: Beware what lurks in the forest

Responsiveness: On the ball, never had to wait long for a narrate which is always nice. Not much to say here.

Balance: Mm. It's clear you're new to DMing/controlling ECs for use vs group battles, so I'll be gentle. Infinite agi is not something new DMs should utilize, because you'll often lack the control/awareness of how much damage you're really doing. Three tremors over the course of five seconds completely bodies just about any party. 300-400 agi is more than enough to give yourself good CDs without needing to worry about overwhelming a party.

On the other hand, we only suffered a small temp for the experience and had a wellspring mage... You'll get there, stats and whatnot come with experience.

Storytelling: I enjoyed the story, short as it was! Narrates were somewhat open ended and gave us freedom to approach it as we wanted, even if it was a simple objective of 'track down the beast and make it commit not-alive'. Good stuff.

Fairness: Hm, not sure how to rank this one. Your injury scale seems to be very timid, for lack of a better word, but maybe that's just the intent for these small scale bounty hunts. I was expecting more danger from the Archliches creations, but for the balance and what we ultimately received, it was fine for the event.

Overall: Ladybug out of fun, got to watch the dynamic duo discover grass and bugs for the first time while our resident bard got to bathe in the blood of her foe.
Character: Aurella Dayndros
Which Event: Beware.. With what hides in the Forest

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): No issue at all, quick.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Issue round 1, otherwise I think the damage and tankiness was fine. A bit of overspam once or twice, but it was still close and well managed.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Great story told with a chance to influence it through rolls and RPs. The narrates interacted with decisions made by our characters even outside of the rolls themselves and our RPs introduced new rolls. Great overall.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Thematic, good.

Overall: Loved it, my favorite small scale hunt-type event so far.

Any other comments: ladybug .
Character: Miden
Which Event: Scavenging The Fallout

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10. Would scream psychotically at a pillar again.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 9.99999/10. Final Battle. AoEs. AoEs everywhere.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10. I've missed Pauper RP so much. And it was like reliving an entire other character's experiences through new eyes.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 10/10. We put our trust in the dice. They betrayed almost all of us. We touched shit we weren't supposed to. We got slapped. 100% fair. Would definitely.

Overall: Best event I've been on yet in a long while!

Any other comments: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Void is cool. All is fine.
Making stupid decisions is a lifestyle.
Character: Hush
Which Event: Scavenging The Fallout

Responsiveness:   Quick responses and they were all well narated! I really appreciate the Ooc comments beforehand where they would inform us they'd start a narrate, so that we're not discussing things between each other, and then suddenly NARRATE. It was a good system. 10/10

Balance: Only one round in the second fight felt off balanced and only in the sense that it was SO LONG. Like it was too tanky, we were surviving- but delt practically no damage, but it was quickly adjusted and everything after that felt fair. When the enemy went into ''rage mode''(forgot what term was actually used) i felt like it was 100% fair that we got checked because it was meant to be more difficult and we didn't take it seriously. 10/10

Storytelling: Pretty good! I believe i entered later than the others so i missed the intro. Still, there was room and inclusion for a nethradin like hush to invade a party of explorers! Very well made.10/10

Fairness: Targeting, inclusion in posts- everything was perf. 10/10
 Everyone was rewarded something at the end! Great!

Overall: 10/10. Very well managed. Well timed. Over all amazing!

Any other comments:  Thank you also to Sera!!!  Fantastic management of  monsters and posts too! The injury descriptions you made were top tier.
If you want a good dm duo, pick these people. 
[Image: unknown.png]
Character: Godfrey

Which Event: The Sink

Responsiveness: The narrations were posted in a very timely manner, even including time for both riddles, internet malfunctions, and a bit of good old fashioned lore extrapolation. It all felt well timed.

Balance : The balance was refined very quickly; only the earliest fight felt easy, which made sense as it was literal fungus oozing about. Everything else after was challenging, poor Eureka...

Storytelling: This is where the event shined. We got to look into a real Fallout lab after the fall, properly witness why becoming Nidaz' experiment or employee is a dangerous game, and all got to learn something fascinating as we pursued the ruins of the Phoenix Chamber.

Fairness: At no point did I feel we were being done dirtily, if anything  I asked Didos to grime us more. And he sure did. Great event, one hundred percent of the way. Eight hours of fun.

Overall: 12/10, would allow Didos to take me to Brazil again. Would recommend for spooky events.
Topic Options