Karate Kid scares me
kind of unfair to instantly age nerf rod5 but ok...
I 100% agree with the argument for a return of -10% per year from 18 for children. There's nothing more painful and immersion breaking than being a highly trained adult magi and getting the shit kicked out of you by a twelve year old who's either a) a significantly better verber or b) started at age 10 and ground ap while you started at 16 and haven't quite caught up yet.

On the other hand, I think the idea of age nerfs for OLD age being pushed earlier is ridiculous. If you're the sort of character who's throwing their weight around at 40, you've probably caught a few perms along the way, and its much more reasonable to be a younger character defeated by a magi with greater experience. Say what you will about people not knowing when to 'move on' -which, if they're pre-fifty and still pursuing goals, I don't think is a fair ask- but its less of a hit to the immersion and ego to be demolished by a Dun Task figure than your typically battlecuck preteen.
(06-24-2020, 07:57 AM)chance Wrote: better yet... i don't think it'd be terrible if age nerfs started at 35 or 40, maybe this'd discourage 225 rpl's from throwing their weight around indefinitely and sometimes stifling new growth
2 Dr per year until 60 from 35 capping at - 50 Dr should be fine I think also feeds the "I'm getting old" vibe well.
Children being as strong as adults who are equally magically potent is poor IC, so I fully support the -10% per year until they hit 18. It marks it as a clear growth period, and makes the child period a period of vulnerability - which is something that should be intrinsic with being a child.

As for age debuffs, my personal recommendation would be -1% dr per year beginning at 31 years old. It would make IC sense - the downside of age being felt slowly at first, and eventually building up to the point where it's significant.
Start the age DR at 40 at 1% and cap it at age 70.
Baby 10 Year Olds Who Are The Plot Now are stupid and bad and forces you to make at the youngest age in a wave of a stupid babystorm or else you have no chance of relevancy. I had people ask me to retcon Odins children to be playable now because Alexander's are when ..... Alexander is 8 years older than Odin and pushing that age means he and Aradia had them at 16, just so mine wouldn't be left in the dust.

It goes the other way, too, that if characters arent ushered to the side, theyll stay center stage. Even when they're not someones main anymore, because now their character is 30 and has kids and theyve started as one of their friends kids to play at that same time, they do it on another key and keep their old character in political spotlight but at the side, only coming out when needed.
Historically, I've always been against limiting RPL growth for players due to age. It's kinda shitty. Aren't they putting in the same time as anyone else?

Except...

Except there's no time required to hit 180! You could snort meth and go 0-180 in literally under a workweek! The RPL gain is so comedically high that, perhaps for once in all of this series' existance, is there actual merit.

You could spawn in on the first day of the year and be 180 before your first birthday.

It's crazy.
Make children have 20% DR.
Young teens and teens have 10%

I think its fine to keep age nerfs at 50 for older characters. We haven't even hit the point where day 1s have gotten there yet.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Make children fragile.
[Image: unknown.png]
bring back the ability to grind high RPL kids into youth potions and you'll never have to worry about a RPL 180 kid again
Topic Options