Suggestions
On the new Map, add a purple woods that isn't so cluttered and a place for demons to spawn in, and do something cool for them as well. Perhaps future demons/occultist can go there and have some form of /safety/.

Additionally, make new Mylllenoris more Brown. I just want color on the map of green. Something to catch my eye and keep me there with the eye candy....
As someone who works from home currently, and often finds much of his free time to be in less opportune RP timezones. (I.e: 7AM-12PM EST), I'd love 2x AP weekends.

It's not something I'd think would be necessary, but it is something I think would be beneficial to to players who don't have the time or interest to RP 2-5+ hours every day on this game.
it feels like ap/rpl gain is in a good place right now. Also 13 year old 180s are horrifying and I don't want to be subjected to this hell.

(if it were to happen, have 200rpl be a cut off point or something.)
[Image: ban_than.gif]
Reduce RPP opener costs across the board:
Attunement from 15 to 10 (Fire, Air, Earth, etc)
Specializations from 25 to 20 (Plasma, Ice, Crystal, etc)
Advanced magic from 30 to 25 (Time, Occult, Cosmic, etc)
Armed/Unarmed from 25 to 20

Automatic refunds would be enabled for this, though there would be some people that'd get extra rpp due to past changes and would need to be fixed.

https://strawpoll.com/ku7384be2
I agree with lowering the price of all the stuff by 5, it'd make builds more versatile, which would add an extra bit of change, but.

If the RPP openers are all lowered by 5 RPP, the amount of RPP needed for intermediates should be changed to 40-45 because of how some trees are price-wise.

An example being nature where the way to 50 Intermediate is, Spores-25/Vines-10/Tree-15 = 50, but with the change that'd be 45, which means you would have to buy the aura for 10 and set your amount spent to 55.

Either lower it, or make it to where you have to buy 3 spells in the tree to enter into intermediates (not including attunements to the 3), since you tend to only buy 3 spells from a tree to reach intermediates anyways.
my avatar build is coming together...
i think i'd rather adjust the costs of some spells (reducing from 15 to 10, or increasing for better basics f.ex) then lower the intermediate requirement all around, so i'll go over everything and make sure there's a fairly clean path to intermediate
(06-23-2020, 08:21 AM)chance Wrote: Reduce RPP opener costs across the board...

Instead of reducing openers, Intermediates should be reduced. Right now it often feels more beneficial to dip than to specialize in a tree (something that would become an even bigger issue if costs were reduced).

Reduce Intermediate costs instead, it'd aid those who go deep into trees (which was the whole point of the Esshar tree revamp to begin with, to discourage dipping).
most intermediates are 15rpp outside of the really good ones (PS, shockwave, flameslide, etc). taking them down to 10 wouldn't make much sense to me. i think things are generally too expensive as is and going 3 trees with 2 attunements is impossible, so i'd rather open it up a little while keeping intermediate cost heavy (65 or 70 rpp spent for 1 intermediate)

i want to see a fire/ice build, a plasma/lightning build, etc etc. armed setups that aren't just 2 trees. decreasing the cost of intermediates wouldn't encourage a little more versatility with the openers as is. of course there may be the additional problem of someone rolling up with an explosion/sand/metal monstrosity, but those things would need to be individually addressed
If you look at the abilities alone, they're definitely worth the price. But an ability like Piercing Strikes is currently a 70 RPP investment, same with Shockwave.

Builds like Fire/Ice are possible, it's when you get to the Fire intermediates that the costs really rush away (Flameslide, GFW, Sear are admittedly all good spells). I just don't think making it easier to dip for things like Bolt, Overheat, Wind Flurry etc is the solution to enable multi-tree builds.
Topic Options