SilkiyTeaSound Needs a Rework (And here are my awful suggestions)
Sound magic is the saddest of all trees (Change my mind). So what follows below is a series of suggestions for a rework to turn it into a mix between the classic "Bard buffs its allies" style it is and something that resonates with its mastery, Symphony, a bit more.

Sound Strike:
Overall an alright spell. Great as an opener ngl. But I feel like the projectile speed is way slower than something like, say... Infection. Then again I might be crazy and it actually zooms.

Sound Burst:
Sound burst has an actual animation though you can't really see it. So I suggest a total rework using its old animation sprites! Maybe make it a wave of some kind that leaves musical notes in its path that linger. If enemies step into the musical notes, they're slowed. If they're hit by the wave they're afflicted with -DR and a slow. Allies (But not the caster) who step into the musical notes get a AP buff for a few seconds. Give it some kind of on hit damage that's akin spatial and a lingering tile damage like spatial.

Cascade:
A perfectly good spell. But, because I want to go with the 'bard buffs their allies' vibe, I may as well suggest a lil tweaking to it. Mind, this tweaking is more for group fights/events than anything else. With that said, potentially make it that allies that cascade passes over are given a speed buff for a few short seconds. Sounds neat and I don't think something like that would be game breaking- obviously this would not affect the caster. So in 1v1's there's no change.

Melody:
One of the best basic auras in the game imo. Much like cascade I wanna go with the 'bard buffs their allies' vibe thing so... Instead of an on active that increases DR and pulls people towards you, maybe change it to increases DR of the caster and those nearby the caster that aren't enemies. (Honestly tho it doesn't need changing.)

Melodic Repose:
Melodic Repose, my beloved... The 50% chance of doing jack-all spell. I suggest a full overhaul of this spell, remove the HoT. Instead make it a spell that on use cleanses the caster and allies within it. Then add an initial tick of damage and lingering AoE damage that, if an enemy wobbles in or takes the initial tick, apply a slow.

Boom Burst:
Ah, the failure brother of Shockwave... I feel like this one can be easily fixed. Give it the same range as Shockwave, make it slow on hit. If you use it on an ally (So guildies, random passerbyers etc) or party member than it heals them at half strength- not as a self heal. This is about the team not your bard's own ego!

Sonar Cacophony:
Honestly just an overall good spell. But to reiterate what I did with Melody & Cascade, I want the 'buffs allies' vibe. So, keep it as is but if used in a party, it grants party members a small health bubble which is shown as musical notes on the sprites, something that doesn't work on the caster of course. Something silly like that I donno.

Symphony:
Honestly there is only one change I'd give symphony... And that's actually giving it the special it says it has. At the moment it only refreshes Sound Strike, now back when it was first introduced that probably balanced it out quite a bit! But, nowadays there are far stronger combinations of magics. I think this sort of change it would just put symphony as a on par with alternative combos.

Idk man. People stare at me for using melodic repose and boom burst.
Yeah that's right I went back to Melodic and Boom Burst. They're both on my bar again.
God save me from this eternal damnation I've doomed myself to...
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
Yeah make symphony good again! With how crazy some things are right now (insert whatever you think is OP here) I don't think it would be that bad if it could refresh literally any spell in sound you have on your bar, just make the CD longer on the E that way double repose scenarios won't make everyone super mad again.

The real update sound needs is the ability to put in a custom midi file as the SFX for your cacophony.
I mean the spell is literally called cacophony, so long as the midi itself follows the rules it can be any type of garbage the user can think of.
It would also make sound users feel more like they're using music.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Topic Options