ChanceState of Meranthe
[Image: aphros_state2.png]
2036 AC

Quote:
"Tired am I. Oracle of Athelios, 6th of its name."
"People of Aphros, I come with news of joy, and news of sorrow. For it has been my faithful duty to lead Aphros for I am the very will of Athelios, ...But I am a mortal man. The years of aged me and the times have changed. Through the long eight years of leadership I have found myself with the next generations, my job has been done. It was my goal and my mission in life to quell out the Coven. Our enemies made my job that much easier. Those who have plagued my mind, my family, my people. That Coven of Misfortune shall be lost to the winds of time. For that I am grateful."

"The Oracle trials have been ran and finished, in silent duty was it done. In silent judgement was it given. My time is over. My time is done. I will always be the faithful servant of Athelios, no longer can I remain this tired as I lead. My successor has been named, for they will lead Aphros as well as they can. However there are changes to be made by my final decree, my final statement and order to which is law."

"The Council of Aphros, to lessen the burden of Leadership upon the Oracle. One mortal, One man or woman cannot push forward alone... I refuse to put anyone through the helish times I had as Oracle. Thus. The changes that come forth."

"I name Elise Montelione, The Head of the Church. The Voice of Athelios, for those who wish to seek out council with Aphros upon Political matters as well as faith. Working with the church to ensure that Aphros itself is faithful and healthy with it's praise and it's duty to remaing the Twilight city. Though many will disagree with our ways. The church will always sing true to it's word and duties."

"I name Monica Moore, Commander of the Bastion. The Might of Athelios, for those who wish to work upon alliances of war and raids - upon aid of missions. Working together with the Oracle themselves this position will make the Waring politics of Aphros easier to handle. To one I cannot trust more to see it done, even I am proud of the work that the Commander has done for our city. Now and forever."

"Finally, I name Hanzel Dominic, Oracle of Athelios, 7th of its name. The Will of Athelios for those who wish to hear and understand Athelios and Aphros. They shall come to him. Working with the city as a whole the choices that will made shall always reflect that of which Athelios wants. For the Will, for the strength, and the voice of it all. Must work as one with the Oracle as its head. Without the Will to move on, there can be no might, Without the Will to speak, there may be no voice."

"Our allies remain as they always have. We as a city and as a people have worked as hard as we can to ensure that with these new rising threats of the Demonic Infection. To be crushed out by any means. What changes come with the new Oracle I know not, but I will always be forever faithful in duty towards my city. Watching as carefully as one can over their student. A teacher may guide and show the path that is to be taken but it is up to the student to make their choice."

"Everyone in life must walk their own path, it is my duty even now to ensure they do not get lost upon the way."

"My children, My students, My people of Aphros. I thank you for trusting in me for all these years. I pray you do the same for Hanzel Dominic."

"Finally. Do I get to rest."

-Noctis Equisol
6th Oracle of Athelios

• Noctis Equisol has retired from Oracle and has named Hanzel Dominic his Successor.

• The Council of Aphros has been formed for the new Oracle. To allow others to deal with matters without getting the Oracle involved. It is HEAVILY ENCOURAGED for the nations to follow the Council's orders and commands.

• Solis Equisol has retired from Knight Captain and has named Carnation Aubreen her successor.

• With the Aen making their mark upon their land. Noctis Equisol encourages with him stepping down from power to reach out to Hanzel Dominic for what could be peace. Even with their ideals clashing with one another, both recognize they share the same goal with the demonic threat.

• Vdalions accepting Nercomancy above their holy mission, Aphros remains on high alert for threats that may come from the mountain.

• A ceremony for the new Oracle will be held within the next year or two (Whenever OOC aligns)

• With the most recent deceleration by the Umbral Captain Sabriel Equisol. She is to be lashed within the streets of Aphros for her sins against the former Oracle. Done by him personally.
Quote:
"My wife, the love of my life. Not even you are free from my ire and wrath. Every drop of blood is one that you have earned yourself. May this be the only time I must harm you."
-Noctis Equisol

Relations of Meranthe
Dal’Thala: Allies
Pantheon: Allies
Aen: Neutral
Port Fortune: Neutral

Final Frontier:
Neutral
The Gutter: Neutral(?) [Possible Friendly]
Vdalion: Hostile [Non-Aggression Pact]
Abendrot: Total Annihilation

[Image: bd9a5f0b2d0e44c2d026d09408095bb8.png]
[Image: 72ecc85387069582880e1c4acbce0ac7.png]
2036 AC

For many years the Zealots of Ymir's Return have worked in the shadows, using necromancy to further their own goals. This much was revealed at the Moot of 2034 AC. The past was uncovered. Rumors that Perdition had begun within the wintry walls of Grimhjall.  What was once thought to be a talk on necromancy led to old men bickering about past grudges and it is then the Moot became something the Emperor usurped. In its place came the shifting of the old to the new, starting with the banishment of Surtyr Folhammar for past transgressions and ending with the retirement of Shaggard de Gray.

To those that paid attention at the Moot, the decision on necromancy was postponed. A prophecy uncovered years prior was explained by OC and Surtyr. Yet it would take proof for half a century of practice to be removed, proof retrieved by one uninfluenced by holy bias, that man being new Hofgothi, Ivarr the Restless. With declaration given, necromancy was taken out the same way it was brought in - through religion.

With every day that passes, there are less and less undead. Pale giants that practice the dark arts no longer seen so regularly. The volcano next to the Zealot Church swells with heat. The Urisdae begin to surface, spurred to action...

Renovated with the first Moot in over a decade, the people of Vdalion know that times of change are coming at long last – With the recent mobilization of their forces, as well, the city seems more alive than ever; It thrives on adversity and warfare, with the constant drumrolls amidst the night in training drills making clear to any who dare to step even close to the mountain's peak.

• In exchange for his life and as a mercy of Emperor Jokul Folhammar, Surtyr Folhammar accepted to cast away the Folhammar and his clan, as well as accepting to live in exile. Along with the former Emperor, some other members of Vdalion decided to leave Grimhjall.
  • A day later, Surtyr recalled the hammer for himself. Some marking him as an OATHBREAKER, others claiming the hammer is special in nature.
  • With the old guard pushed out, the new obtain titles. The Hofgothi, Ivarr. The Thane and leader of Huskarls, Emariel. A new Jarl rises as well, Orphee.
  • There are preparations of a new shrine being built upon the Volcano of Glufdor.
  • Mentions of infighting, flaming buildings and clashes like between Orphee and Argus Panoptes.
  • Pantheon is crushed underfoot, led by Fritz Fortuna, Lydia Dominic and Orphee with support from forces of Vdalion. Rumors are that the giants take something from the wreckage.
  • Vdalion walks on its own path, unswayed by outside forces, whether that be Aen or anyone else that wishes for war. They are more than eager for battle, regardless of whatever justification is used.
As usual, there are no publicized speeches or clarifications by the Emperor Folhammar. Jokul's words are to be found in person or through word of mouth. He does not care to be liked or understood.

[Image: somrelations.png]
From public rumors and recent actions, the following can be theorized:
  • Aen - War.
  • Abendrot - War.
  • Pantheon - War. Crushed.
  • Aphros - Neutral.
  • Dal'thala - Neutral.
[Image: SoM_white.png?width=918&height=442]
2036AC

After the harsh defeat they suffered at the hands of Dal'thala and allies, Abendrot went through countless changes in the last years. The demonic city was no longer a peak of aggression, but now of survival.

Their actions have become more internal and defensive, rather than hostile against the world at large. New tactics were taken, as they develop and move towards the future, under the command of the new Fel Khan.

Sak'noth became the Fel Khan, the Overlord, the Absolute ruler of Abendrot.
 A new hierarchy ensues, as below the Khan are now the Pack Legatus! Pack leaders, who are here to better organize groups internally in Abendrot - these are, Omen being the Legatus of the Pack of Support, Lyssa as the Legatus of the Research Pack and finally, Marshel as the Legatus of War.
Those who want to assist in the future of Abendrot are advised to contact one of the Legatus, whichever they most identify with - to join their pack.
New projects are being worked on, which are in motion to change the tides of fate.
Demonic forces are more centralized at the edges of the territory, notably a greater defense is being taken - to thwart attacks. No longer does Abendrot advance aggressively.
Rumors indicate that soon new Bounties will appear, new beings of interest to the Fel Khan.
An expedition is being organized, one that will lead some members of the Horde to the Great Tower - the Demon Lord's intention is still unknown, but one thing is clear, he certainly intends to unravel the mysteries that surround the spire of Meranthe.

Relations:

Aen - Prey
Dalthala -Prey
Aphros - Prey
Vdalion - Prey
Port Fortune - Unknown/Caution
Final Frontier and The Gutter - Neutral

[Image: image.png]
[Image: 69003-anime-landscape-sword-weapon-build...ntasia.jpg]
YEAR 2037
NILHIRRA
THE DRIFTWOOD CONCORD
675, 275, 1
Quote:"Yearning for freedom, we decided to follow the wind."

• The abandoned Isle of Icaria has been claimed by the crew who aimed to invade it. After fending off an attack by the remnents of the order, settlement efforts have intensified. An industrious maritime city emerges on its western shore, dubbed Nilhirra.
  • The denizens of the isle held a meeting to ratify the Driftwood Concord. The navigator Fritz Fortuna was named the island's Queen-Captain by acclamation.
  • A rowdy tavern has been established at the isle's westernmost point.
  • Laws have been established banning assault, black magic, murder and thievery, among other social ills. However, the island has a reputation as a place where enforcement is lax, and only the most major incidents seem to find the ears of the city's rulers. Hel-worship is illegal. (Common Sense Clause)
  • Rumors spread that a poker tournament will be held on the isle. Contact the mysterious "M" to get involved.
  • Katrina Kallis's personal correspondence was recovered after the invasion. The upturned stones and azilanea blooms of the ancient barrow were cleared for farmland.
  • Laws are being drafted to allow other crews and non-sailors to settle the isle. Sail to the island to inquire.
  • Rumors that the residents of the island are pirates are strongly denounced, but some may be found carrying a letter of marque.

[Image: DhM3fEa.png]

Pantheon is now a city of bygone grandeur. Its pillars have crumbled to pieces and its temples have gone quiet. Most of those who made their living tending to the Order have fled back to the Aphros. In its place come merchants and those of a less reputable profession. The population of the island has declined to just 46. (Mostly humans, faeborne, and cambion.)
Many residents of the island keep the Faith of Sailors, but Gala, Nemea, and Ymir all have some worshippers. One of the priestesses of Pantheon is said to have stayed behind to minister to the people.
As little more than a small town of pirates seafarers, the island is hardly notable except for its position between major shipping lanes and as a resupply stop for local whalers and fishermen.

Relations
Aphros - Neutral
Vdalion - Friendly
Delphina - Neutral
Lyonesse - Neutral
Port Fortune - Alliance
[Image: aOQ3Ug4.png]
2038 AC
Quote:
"Decades.

Our fall. Our struggles. I have witnessed them all. Our internal chaos. The price of our sins.

Finally to see our realm reunified once more. Delphina whole once again.

I have yet more dreams, but none else that requires the throne. My time, as Queen, is concluding its winter. The spring of a new Ruler shall dawn soon."

• With the successful return of an expedition to Nemea herself, much was gained, not the least of which being the divine right and support of the fractured state of Delphina.
  • That goal now completed, marks the end of Aurona's rule, with a new coronation to occur shortly into the next year.
  • Dal'Thala itself has expanded to the shores to the north, with the creation of Nereides as its northern district, a home for the Sirens that have often found friendship in the city.
  • Rumor has it, that Tarathiel Caewynn may be appointed King with the Queen's retirement. Conflicting rumors surround whether the Diarchy will remain, or a Monarchy will return.
  • Lastly, a crackdown on practice of the Occult has begun once more, with the magic returning to a state of illegality within its borders. Those utilizing it are encouraged to have it expunged from their system of their own free will.
Relations:
Vdalion: Wary Neutrality
Aphros:
Allied
Lyonesse: Neutral
Port Fortune: Friendly
Abendrot: Must you Ask
[Image: bd9a5f0b2d0e44c2d026d09408095bb8.png]
[Image: 79a597e293be31aa4ba5ac7e202946cf.png]
2039 AC

Clashes mark the years between 2036 and 2039 for Vdalion. Warfare from outside that reaches the icy mountain peaks. Battles spurned inside arena within. After a narrow victory against Aen's forces, they are repelled from Folkmoot grounds. Restorations begin on the walls and mountain steps leading up to Grimhjall. What smiths remain fortifying the ancient stone masonry.

Several other battles punctuate this space in time. The Urisdae youth rebelling, though, spared they were. The Panoptes clan wiped out after traitorous actions. A failed execution against Tal Samir who somehow survived death. The disappearances of known necromancers Eitr and Kane Folhammar. In a similar manner that the Zealots of Ymir's Return had come to power, through one corpse at a time, they were being removed by the Emperor and younger magi.

The past cleansed by fire and fury. The volcano above Grimjhall smokes and steams.

Old men no more.

• There's rumors that Surtyr Folhammar has been temporarily allowed back within Vdalion. For what purpose or why is unknown. Either way, he, like many of the other older magi have no power whatsoever.

• The pale giant, Eitr's fate becomes known: death. His undead rumored to have fled west. It is suspected the same fate befell Kane Folhammar.

• Following the battle with Jokul, Tal Samir and infamous champion Sarte are to be seen nowhere within Vdalion's territories, to be captured on sight.

• The Panoptes Clan has been wiped out, house and members by Orphee, Lydia and Versilia. It follows an execution of the leader, Argus and death of Elbrus, body returned by Delphina.

• Talks with Nilhirra have been rumored.

• .. Diplomatic talks with Aen have also been rumored after the capture of Isolde by Queen of the Gutter, Fist. Whether they prove fruitful remains to be seen.

Those that seek to participate in The Grand Tournament and represent Vdalion must follow the rules and wear the colors of the nation: red/gold/black/brown.
Or don a single piece of armor as shown: [Image: 289d5f0dcfe717301383586f2178f3de.png][Image: 27a486cd2c64030095b7e6c0f90dfce8.png]
Those that are wishing to follow the rebuilding Faith are urged to contact Hofgothi Ivarr or Seidr Hulda.

[Image: somrelations.png]
From public rumors and recent actions, the following can be theorized:

• Aen - ???.
  • Abendrot - War.
  • Nilhirra - ??? following Fritz' death.
  • Aphros - Neutral.
  • Dal'thala - Neutral.
[Image: FinalFrontier.png?width=983&height=473]
2039 AC

A lot of time has passed among the dunes, many things have been done and many still will be done - here are some of the most recent achievements involving the Facility.

---

✲ The most recent construction of a Railroad now connects Final Frontier to Vdalion, a safe and fast means of transport - great for merchants from both places.

✲ New animunculi are to be made, models 4-A.. Yet rumors do not say when or what will these do.

✲ In the most recent tournament that took place in Meranthe, the proclaimed champion is a citizen of Final Frontier! Which was handpicked by Acantho - Mikhail, may he bring glory to the Institute.

✲ Those looking for a refuge from the war, especially brilliant minds, are always welcome at Final Frontier. But only those helpful and loyal to the Institute will be tolerated, as well as learn its secrets.

✲ The work upon AT-1 continues, a guardian of sorts - perhaps, the last work of Acantho before retirement.

Relations:

Vdalion and the Gutter: Allied.

Any bugkin: Extermination.
Others: Neutral until proven otherwise.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: E0IJvBa.png]
2040 AC

First, a message from the Queen.

Quote:
I, Queen Irene Godwin the Second, have news for those of Aen.

Firstly, I'd like to thank all of our expeditionary force for the services they've continued to perform in Lyonesse. The objectives are the same as ever: to found a prosperous kingdom that harbors the values of Aen and to form long lasting alliances and purge this country of its ills. Lyonesse should continue to thrive and expand its territories and influence within the domains of Meranthe. In particular, we welcome ventures to uncover mines of eternite, rare as they may be.

Secondly, by direct order of Her Majesty, there are three promotions to administer. Valerie von Marsh, for her dutiful performance thus far, will be elevated to the rank of Vice Admiral, a role reserved for experienced advisors. She is to take a role guiding rather than direct leadership.

And to fill the void left, both Isolde and Galahad of House Avincus are to be elevated to the rank of Captain. Together, they should decide on three new Lieutenants.

That is all.
For the homeland, and for Aen.

♆ A council for Aen, Aphros, Delphina, and Vdalion to share has been called for by Galahad Avincus, a place for all to have equal voice and diplomatic unity. The Tower of Aetius is to be its official meet location, and a second meeting is said to be had in the coming months.

♆ Captain Valerie von Marsh has been promoted to the rank of Vice Admiral for her efforts in helping the Meranthian Expeditionary Force establish a foothold in the new lands. Her duties now lie elsewhere, though

♆ The isles of Lyonesse and Gran Tiena, as well as any other isles to be acquired in the future by Aen, are now under the purview of freshly promoted Captains Isolde Westcott and Galahad Avincus.

♆ Their first act is to open the borders of Lyonesse for all of Meranthe's people to visit without need for prior permission. That said, those visiting the isle are subject to the laws of greater Aen—occultism is illegal under Her Majesty's laws, and those who wield it still cannot enter Aenite lands.

♆ Their second act, as dictated by the Queen herself, is to promote three additional Lieutenants to delegate duties to. The two have chosen esteemed navigator Owain, valiant man-at-arms Royce, and prestigious artificer Isaac Coswell to be promoted to Lieutenant.

♆ While the recent attempt to conquer Abendrot was a failure, the resolve of those helming Aen's isles has faltered none. They're transparent about their intention to strike again and see the rot which has tainted the peninsula expunged.

♆ Lastly, a formal promise has been made that they seek to claim absolutely no lands of Meranthe beyond the many isles which reside offshore and the to-be-claimed town of Abendrot, with the latter to serve as a neutral port town for ease of international communications and to ensure the neutrality of the Tower of Aetius. The tower northeast of Abendrot will be dismantled in the event of the city's conquering. Until then, much like the intended port, it is public access for all people of any nations which has been invited to the council—regardless of occultism. It is declared to be property of the council at large, rather than Aen.

[Image: mObRaTq.png]

Vdalion - Neutral
Aphros - Friendly
Delphina - Friendly
Abendrot - War
[Image: aphros_state2.png]
2040 AC
Quote:"People of Aphros, My children of Athelios. Upon happier times do I wish to speak to you all but I cannot afford to even consider such times."

"Aphros has lost their Oracle."

"Athelios has gained a new warrior at his side."

"And I have lost a son."

"So now we burn the land of all those who have dared to cross us, I make my enemies clear and my voice heard once more."

"Aphros goes to War."

-Noctis Equisol
6th Oracle of Athelios

With the loss of their Oracle, the people of Aphros take time to mourn their fallen Leader. For other nations looking within there is an odd silence that befalls the Twilight City.

It doesn't last long.

The Bells of War cry out once again.

Cloaks of black and white scout the lands near the tower, prepping for whatever is to come.

• Noctis Equisol returns to the seat of Oracle only for a short time. Trials are to be run when the time is right, and the people are selected.

• The Bastion has been made clear of the enemies of Aphros and preps for upcoming conflicts under the watchful eye of Athelios.

• Lydia Dominic has been summoned home, for what reason is made unknown to the public.

• Letters to Delphina and Vdalion are made with haste, there's to be a meeting with each within the next year.

• Any information regarding the whereabouts of K'thul should be made aware to the Knights of the Bastion. Rewards may follow.

• Demons of any kind to come near the borders of Aphros and its people shall be put to death with no mercy.

• To the people of Aen, the Oracle has kept to his word and demands a blood debt for their sins against Athelios. He will await their letters and accordance.

• Within the Final Frontier, messengers have been sent via a Diplomat. Talks of Peace and a joint project are rumored.

• Port Fortune has gained the ire of the people of Aphros, none that claim to be from there are welcome within the city. Rumors are that the Oracle has plans for them in the future. If Stede Vane turns himself in to the Aphros Authorities, then Port Fortune shall be left alone.

Relations of Meranthe
Delphina: Allies
Vdalion: Allies(?) | Friendly
The Gutter: Neutral(?) [Possible Friendly]
Final Frontier: Neutral
Aen
: "Neutral"
Port Fortune: Hostile

Abendrot
: Total Annihilation
[Image: header.png]
2041 AC

The cruel passage of time was beautiful to some and horrifying to many, though those unaccepting quickly found themselves forgotten by the hands that wrote history.

Where could the old blood preach their words still, if not to the ears of those that will surely pass them?

Despite Meranthe's long seasons, the times were surely changing

It only mattered if the Realm was open to change or if they were to be washed away by it

Not long since the conclusion of the Grand Tournament, the words of the Champion still rung true to the ears that listened. It was a bold declaration, a pledge to the Realm itself that they would bring down all practitioners of the Foul Arts and those who stood by them. Such a promise was quick to inspire rumors by the people who kept their eyes on the actions of the new bearer of Claiomh Solais.

In light of that, it's been said that a group of talented individuals had been collected and now serve under no banner yet instead a purpose. There are no accurate accounts of whom exactly is involved with the new group, save for the Champion of Meranthe who is supposedly one of two founders.

Under their watchful eyes, the group was seen to promote altered Pro-Ursidae Ideology with little to no leeway for Occultists, Witches, Necromancers, Demons, and Undead.

However, due to recent events, the people of Aen found themselves a part of that list as a single declaration was reverberated throughout Meranthe.

"..You'll never take anything from me ever again."

-The group now known as Salvation makes itself known to the world-

➤ The whereabouts of their base is hidden, the public eye being unable to discern just where they're coming from.

➤The woods seem to have become a dangerous place for anyone deemed an enemy, multiple attacks and attempts at capture having been attributed to the members of Salvation.

➤ The Black Hunt has concluded for this generation with two of Aryn's bodies having been destroyed, the Fallen Nephilim now falls back to their highly guarded Fortress in the Shadow Lands. The Ursidae now instead focus their efforts on the 'Evil' of Meranthe.

➤ Despite Aen's support after the Grand Tournament, their people are quick to realize the hostility coming from Salvation.

➤ Vdalion's history with Necromancy and the housing of the Death Magi, Lydia Dominic, has led to a less-than-friendly status.

➤ Aphros' people are said to make up most of the victims of attacks, their tolerance of Occultism supposedly the cause.

Relations:

Final Frontier - Friendly
Aen - Extremely Hostile
Abendrot -  Extremely Hostile
Ebonhold - Extremely Hostile
Aphros - Hostile
Vdalion - Unfriendly(?)
Delphina - Neutral
Port Fortune - Neutral
The Gutter - Neutral

Topic Options