Swift!Manifest Destiny
[Image: dCpx6qe.png]

"I would like to personally express gratitude to Osrona for eliminating their own allies."

At the dawn of a quiet morning, a company of Barsburgian-attired soldiers storm the ghost-town of Elysia. Their movement is trained and precise, followed closely by a familiar infamous trio. The local non-magi population and others caught in the storm are given mercy; they may leave, join the ranks, or exist quietly as they had. Within a matter of hours the flags of the previous nation are torn down and replaced by red banners, carrying a golden crest recognizable to those who study Barsburgian history. The crest of the first Barsburgian monarchy, long since coopted by one Kateryna pyr Docro for her private military. It becomes abundantly clear, the once stronghold of Osrona's extremist sect is now occupied, and controlled by Barsburgian loyalists.

"Just as it was before, it is your own hubris which allows the exploitation of your land."

The soldiers close the gate behind them and settle in, the crimson haired femme-fatale standing before the statue of Erika orn Soleis. Kateryna clears her throat, starting a speech to rally those present, select quotes making their way through the news cycle, and, much to the Docro's wishes, to the ears of Osrona. Reports suggest she is emboldened and manic, a jovial expression pressed to her lips while stating the claims of not only her family, but of the Empire. As her speech comes to an end, she whips around, facing the statue of the once-queen. With a smug grin, a hand is extended out from her side and her fingers snap. An explosion rips through the statue, reducing it to little more than rubble. A cackling follows as dust settles, the commander then turning back to her troops.

"There will be no kings, no gods, and no purity. Only man and our collective will."

It is expressed that this new settlement will accept outcasts and refugees. Those who do not practice void magic, necromancy, oppose the Barsburgian empire, and are not of Cain, will be allowed within the walls. Soldiers are being recruited and crafters are being commissioned. The wheel of civilization is spinning once again. The location is to be far more than just a military checkpoint; it will be an attempt to create a real settlement. Common-folk and non-magi welcomed with open arms, and promised equality of opportunity, unlike the Shimmering City. Food and other supplies are handed out in grace by the occupants in attempt to win over the locals. Between these gestures of good will and the oppressive force which looms over the city, there is little complaint from the displaced civilians of Daggermark and Asphodel's past. If anything they appear relieved a non-Osronan faction has taken control. A return to normalcy, to some degree, however misguided such a view on the occupation may be.

"Come one, come all, to New Tannen, the rebirth of Osrona's demise."

[Image: ki07cvp.png]

Glory to the Empire.
Just wiped out Tomato Town
once fought with their blood,

a rhoynur's war resumes,

screams on horizon.

[Image: unknown.png]

"Don't think so."

Word comes from the west, directly from the Lorespeaker within the sands of Galamea. It is not long before she catches wind of the news, of another force trying to take over the lands she had just worked to rid of.

"'Osrona's Demise' ain't comin' from you stealin' the work of another. If you shit kids want to do somethin', then raise it and do it yourselves at least. Too scared to lift a hand when the big kids were about? You're just pissin' me off. I'm not goin' to sit by and let someone sit in those lands. Don't care who your enemy is, whoever claims the land there is my enemy."

There is movement in Fort Erradir, Rhoynur that had been enjoying their time of rest suiting in armor yet again. For, the endless war waits for no one. Njorun calls to all within Ilian.

"You can't wait even a year after the ash settles? I will give you one year to remove yourselves from the abandoned city. Go back and run your shitty manor."

[Image: unknown.png]

“Stay tha’ fuck in ya’ manor ya’ damn roaches. This is private property, I ain’t lettin’ nobody, not a damn soul set up shop here.

Pack it up. Elysia’s gonna stay vacant.”

A word to join that of the Lorespeaker's, Hain Dayndros' feelings matching her own.
Star 

[Image: ascellaposty.png]

The Rhoynur's words of warning are heard and joined by those of Vrona's Champion;

"Fate is inevitable.

A path laid out by the stars; one you cannot stray from no matter how much you resist.
On the contrary, the harder you try to deviate, the more it solidifies your destiny.

All paths are finite.

House Grimmore will show you exactly where yours ends."

[Image: ascellachibi2.png]
[Image: f4857eeb5cb90887a329985b49f837d2.png]
"Oh... So the slaves have returned to their master's aid I see. Thankfully my cousins don't need chains for someone to have their backs."

One particular Black Priestess of Naysien makes her voice heard from the mountains. Though not bearing the authority of a Dragoon or the Denfather to back her words a warning is still put out to House Grimmore and the collective clans of Galamea. 

"You don't have to give us much of an excuse. You march on New Tannen and you better watch your back... There's no telling what might come down from a mountain full of angry dragons."

The recent hullabaloo is not lost on the one-eyed Denfather of the coat, who's reported to have commented on the matter...

Quote:
"They wanna do what? Where?"

[Image: samhydelaide2.png]

As a result, the older drakanite himself has gone to Galamea to discuss the matter of his people's involvement. Though was allegedly side-tracked in asking Lorespeaker Aurella Dayndros to give his youngest son music lessons.

Quote:
"So.. eleven an hour? Thirteen? That's a little more than what I used to pay the babysitter."

If a conclusion was reached, it is unknown. For now he broods upon the mountain peak, looking down on the human affairs unfolding.
[Image: f6NgkM1.png]

Your Year Is Up

Quote:
"You were given your time to leave, but now that time is up. Kusanagi will recovered, your walls will fall. They were never yours in the first place. Vultures, scavengers that take from the strong after they have done all the work for you.

So, prove yourselves. Show that you are something, rather than the nothing I believe you to be.

I care little whether you live or die. But, those that sit and watch from the sidelines will not sit within those walls and act like they are something they are not.

The Storm approaches. Ilian marches."

RAID vs NEW TANNEN

CLAN ILIAN + House Grimmore vs OCCUPANTS

DATE: FRIDAY 1/28 5 PM EST
GOAL: Destruction of New Tannen's walls and recovery of Ilian's blade, Kusanagi, rumored to lie within the city.

"We don't, and never have had, your silly fucking sword."

"But Osrona does."

"Though they appear to be marching beside you."

[Image: pOhomHK.png]

The walls of New Tannen are fortified accordingly, soldiers placed on patrol of the settlement.

The sword in question long looted from the ruins by an unnamed noble of Osrona.

No matter the strength or misguided nature of their enemies, they will stand and fight.

No cowards rested among their ranks.

"Come! I have no reason to turn down a fight with the rhoynur. I welcome it! This will be an excellent battle to sharpen my troops."

"Do not disappoint."
Just wiped out Tomato Town
Topic Options