VibeEntertainmentGeneral Application Suggestion. Alongside some concerns.
Hey, nice to meet you whomever you are reading this. I'm Vibe, a player who's been on and off Eternia for a good bit. Spanning across a few years accumulative? My history on this game has shown me a lot, taught me a lot. How to speak to people. How to act around people. How to make friends. How to make sure you're not breaking rules. Treat others with respect and so on. The list continues.

Eternia shows you a lot. Good and Bad.

So, with that in mind. Let's go to my topic.

The Reponses from the Application System.

First, let's start by saying...

Why are some players of the community who do apply for things after.... let's see. Hours, and hours of their time. Amounting to days, weeks, months even, of their characters life/story being told things like....

"Your story isn't significant"

"Your development is too basic"

Alongside whatever other reasonings were given in regards to being denied. Again, this did not happen to me. This apparently has happened to those select few of "Some Players in the Community" now, my suggestion towards this?

Don't tell people in a writing game their time and effort of how they go about something is...

A. Not Significant?

B. Too Basic?

These are major hits to someone's motivation. People will log off, not feel obligated to play at all. You're supposed to encourage people. Help them improve so they can feel rewarded for the time and effort they put in. Is it the same as someone else's? No.

Are they going to be some great Necromancer like Nidaz or Xarxes? No.

Everyone legit puts in their own *Unique* spin on things. How this looks is literally...

You're no longer developing something your way to achieve something but instead doing it in a way that appeals to a group of people reading your "Application"

For again, them to tell you the aforementioned responses of Not Significant or Too Basic. Bare in mind this is no "Shot" at anyone because personally? I really don't know any of those who do apps or whatever. Your work for the game is appreciated but what is said to someone carries weight. It hits morale, it kills motivation. In a writing game, again that we're playing for fun.

To see cool characters or your own story flourish in *Your* own way, not how someone else wishes to see it.

Now, I'm not going to bring up how X person has this and someone who was denied for the same thing doesn't have it? Why? Not important, since everyone develops things their own way regardless of if the reward is the exact same thing or not. So we wont go down that rabbit hole. I'm also not going to ignore that the tier of a "Sig" shouldn't be applied in this instance. If something is Mythic, then yes you can say "What you've done regarding this Signature Ability is just about there, but not really grasping it just yet. Feel free to apply in the future after doing the following:" Like this <---- is far better than "Not significant, Too Basic" Just a thought.

However, why are people afraid to put in apps???

That should never be the case where someone looks at me and tells me they are afraid to show their effort to people because they feel

They are too basic

They are not significant

What?

How is that okay? I suggest using alternative words when speaking to people of the community about their denials. Go ahead and deny them however many times you want. Just don't do "That" to someone. It's hurtful to say that of the person's time and effort OOC. They may not report it and express a concern maybe, but they do feel this way.

As far as the application system itself? It's fine I hope?, just the responses people are given hits motivation when it's said a certain way. That's all.
ur.com/vcmm6[Image: SwES7N6.gif]
Topic Options