Suggestions
(09-15-2022, 02:02 AM)Denouement Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 12:30 AM)Whatever Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 12:29 AM)AbstractTraitorHero Wrote: My man dms are volunteers.

Yeah? You can still go 'Alright check the event requests and make sure there aren't too many/little going on for a faction before you take your pick'?

They're volunteers. 
The suggestion to check that other factions are getting events means having to interact and actually find out that other factions are getting events.

Either way, unless the DMs are willing to be more than volunteers
I cannot agree with forcing DMs to run specific events.

I don't know why people think I am advocating for a sweatshop, or that I'm trying to force them into only running events for specific factions? That is entirely the opposite of my suggestion. I want DM's, when they are up for running events, to pick and choose from a broad range of options. We have a scarcity issue going on and there should be some rationing where event approvals are concerned.

If encouraging this means X faction does not get its third event in a month, while X faction's leader has not gotten a plot relevant event responded to in a month, then is that really an issue?
[Image: dOmPfIR.png]
(09-15-2022, 04:15 AM)Whatever Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 02:02 AM)Denouement Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 12:30 AM)Whatever Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 12:29 AM)AbstractTraitorHero Wrote: My man dms are volunteers.

Yeah? You can still go 'Alright check the event requests and make sure there aren't too many/little going on for a faction before you take your pick'?

They're volunteers. 
The suggestion to check that other factions are getting events means having to interact and actually find out that other factions are getting events.

Either way, unless the DMs are willing to be more than volunteers
I cannot agree with forcing DMs to run specific events.

I don't know why people think I am advocating for a sweatshop, or that I'm trying to force them into only running events for specific factions? That is entirely the opposite of my suggestion. I want DM's, when they are up for running events, to pick and choose from a broad range of options. We have a scarcity issue going on and there should be some rationing where event approvals are concerned.

If encouraging this means X faction does not get its third event in a month, while X faction's leader has not gotten a plot relevant event responded to in a month, then is that really an issue?

Yes, actually. First it puts a huge onus on DMs to be aware at all times who is getting events run and who isn’t. And as some events aren’t always given recaps or final posts or reviews that’s near on impossible.

Additionally, writing an event isn’t just take an event, sit down and crank something out. People who DM genuinely want to write something compelling and interesting, and that more often than not, is incredibly difficult. To assume we can simply move from one to another and say “Ah well inspiration will strike for any event you run” is false.

I’ve run three events ever. Two were for Milly. This isn’t cause Milly and I are bros, or hang out, or that I specifically want her to succeed over everyone else. It’s because I have a niche that I really enjoy writing for that Milly has requested twice, and almost no one else ever does.
[Image: unknown.png]
Giving off light in caverns while you're invisible is very awkward when you're peeking into business you're not supposed to, so uh...
Would definitely be nice if invis potion stops that from happening as well.

(i was not using a torch nor a torchlight it's just the passive light everyone gives off in caves)
Speaking as a DM who has run all of two events this time around...

Yeah-no. I'm not going to try and keep track of each faction in a spreadsheet to go 'hey has Vdalion had their event?' when I consider picking up a cool concept from Delphina or Aphros or whomever the hell else posts one. I take events *entirely* off the basis of 'is this cool? is this fun to run? will it potentially have long-term impact on the game?'

If your events aren't getting run, perhaps you should consider the event itself and ask if it's a cool concept (also try messaging DMs directly to pitch your concept to them).
buff thief a lil bit, yeah?

:)
I only run tower events

The rest befall the other DMs. . .
if you aren't an experienced DM im not going to take ur suggestion seriously.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: Fn81wCh.png]
DMs aren't even real.

It's a psyop by big administration.

Wake up sheeple.

This said, as hard as it is to get a DM, I understand your plight, legitimately, I do.

The true solution to this would be for everyone to become a DM and we all run one another's events in a loop. Naturally, the problem with this is that some of us just don't like to run events. (I don't like herding cats.) Thus we come to the problem wherein a few DMs will only run events they want to run.

This is their prerogative. Try to force them to do something and they just...... won't do it. It's functionally the same with mappers. Try to force our hand on something or start talking a bunch of shit and we'll just go radio silent.

You also can't do something like "if ur event isn't done within X time u get some rewards" because this actively discourages DMs from doing what they do, on the basis that everyone gets something like a fucking Oprah giveaway.

Essentially, no system is perfect, and this system isn't perfect, but, the system suggested is objectively worse. Whilst a number of DMs are admins, this doesn't nessesarily mean that DM=Admin. 

The point I'm trying to make is that DMs are under no pressure to assist you at all beyond them feeling like it.

Nobody wants to be forced 2 play game.
this is all very cool and all but buff armed ha ha?
you know what? nerf armed.
Topic Options