Suggestions
Crystal is a little too strong in the RNG department and needs gentle taps.

Lower the chance on Shardshot to spawn a crystal.

Give the Crystal Shockwave Higher damage and cool down and get rid of the 100% chance of crystal spawning to 25% or 30%.

Put a cap on Red Crystals AP% (10-15%)

Get rid of the movement speed stacking of green crystals (they are strong enough with the healing that could be tapped down.)

Blue is fine, i guess.

Also; there are still public master auras that can do with their FM/AP going from 15 >> 12 (assassin shroud, storm.)

Assassin Shroud should get some more love than a space TP; I would say give it Shinobi Surprise's special that blinds and damages (if it still does) in a trail
(09-10-2022, 08:49 PM)Mallow Wrote: Crystal is a little too strong in the RNG department and needs gentle taps.

Lower the chance on Shardshot to spawn a crystal.

Give the Crystal Shockwave Higher damage and cool down and get rid of the 100% chance of crystal spawning to 25% or 30%.

Put a cap on Red Crystals AP% (10-15%)

Get rid of the movement speed stacking of green crystals (they are strong enough with the healing that could be tapped down.)

Blue is fine, i guess.

Also; there are still public master auras that can do with their FM/AP going from 15 >> 12 (assassin shroud, storm.)

Assassin Shroud should get some more love than a space TP; I would say give it Shinobi Surprise's special that blinds and damages (if it still does) in a trail
Shardshot got changed I believe, it might state it's an RNG chance.. But I'm pretty sure it was changed to always spawn a crystal. Assassin shroud also gives 15% AP and 20Agility? Or Critical it's weird. Shinobi's surprise special is incredibly good, I wouldn't slap that on top. I'd rather we fixed a few of the public masters that are bugged, like Cruel thesis instead of changing existing one's first.
I do not like the idea of giving crystals a RNG chance on whether or not they get to spawn a crystal in the first place. I prefer it that they'll skills will have a 100% chance to spawn crystals rather than 50% or heaven forbid 25%/30% (which could end up with the skill not summong a single crystal in roleplay battle)

Nerfing the crystal effects as a whole could work. A cap on Red Crystal +%ap sounds about right for example (I thought they always had such a cap, too...)
That said, spell balance suggestions should be posted in the right thread, here (clickable)
Yes, the suggestion being 'hey let's make crystals cute gimmick of spawning crystals not spawn crystals' is... Weird. I'm not sure if it needs to be toned down considering I've seen all of one crystal mage the entire game cycle, meanwhile I've seen an absurd number of meta mages (getting really tired of fighting clones on half my enemies) and other assorted shenanigans.
(09-10-2022, 09:26 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: Yes, the suggestion being 'hey let's make crystals cute gimmick of spawning crystals not spawn crystals' is... Weird. I'm not sure if it needs to be toned down considering I've seen all of one crystal mage the entire game cycle, meanwhile I've seen an absurd number of meta mages (getting really tired of fighting clones on half my enemies) and other assorted shenanigans.

Chad
[Image: 8447537e60826129953a2c945c27680d.png]
(09-10-2022, 09:26 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: Yes, the suggestion being 'hey let's make crystals cute gimmick of spawning crystals not spawn crystals' is... Weird. I'm not sure if it needs to be toned down considering I've seen all of one crystal mage the entire game cycle, meanwhile I've seen an absurd number of meta mages (getting really tired of fighting clones on half my enemies) and other assorted shenanigans.

there is an absolute chad wrecking people with like 60 dangers under his belt using crystal, but im pretty sure its also a healthy mix of misdirection still doing half of someone's health bar when they get stuck in it so its probably a mix of the AP bonus and that in that specific circumstance
[Image: c603523eebb1995b6af75201658c5a0c.gif]

Crystal does need a nerf. Most people have changed, via rb or thing their character, to some sort of crystal variant build, that in itself speaks volumen. It’s too strong as it’s right now. Meta could use some nerf perhaps, it’s strength lies in the synergy of their trees. 

But crystal can be oppressive with any tree, by its own, so…wind is problematic too, it’s too strong. 

Nerf wind and crystal. Ty
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: sparklegif.gif]
in other news, i still think a cleanse in fire that does 3 damage to yourself or a small dot like overheat would be a nice and thematic juxtapose to wellspring's cleanse in water
[Image: c603523eebb1995b6af75201658c5a0c.gif]
(09-10-2022, 09:52 PM)Kiha Wrote:

there is an absolute chad wrecking people with like 60 dangers under his belt using crystal, but im pretty sure its also a healthy mix of misdirection still doing half of someone's health bar when they get stuck in it so its probably a mix of the AP bonus and that in that specific circumstance

From what I've seen, misdirection is bonkers for a basic spell in illusion.
Let's briefly compare it to blazing wave from the fire tree, who is meant to be all about damage.

Having done some testing with an alt, this is the result following the comparison:

Size? Misdirection has it beat, 2 tiles wider.
Damage? While the initial tick from misdirection is 0 damage, the ground damage hits quickly enough to be considered as the actual intial hit.
By comparing damage using a boar to test the difference, I came to this conclusion: While the ground AOE damage of blazing fire is only 1 SD, the ground AOE damage of misdirection is at a high 5 SD per tick, and the damage ticks apply faster than the blazing wave, around 1.5x to 2x the speed? 

Misdirection can easily beat blazing wave in terms of damage with, going even on two ticks (including the one that comes right after the initial hit), becomes over the damage potential of blazing wave at three, and it keeps rising up the longer the person stays inside.
Keep in mind, Misdirection confuses the opponent too. Blazing wave is meant to be only about damage, and Misdirection can deal much more damage quite easily.

Their stay duration appears to be about the same icon wise, and the only real advantage blazing wave has is that it has a slighty shorter cd of 20 instead of 25.

Spatial Misdirection is indeed bonkers, I can not deny it.
(09-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Kiha Wrote: in other news, i still think a cleanse in fire that does 3 damage to yourself or a small dot like overheat would be a nice and thematic juxtapose to wellspring's cleanse in water

add scarlet rot
Topic Options