Suggestions
So we getting metal nerfed? Sign me up. Where the papers?
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
Once metal's nerfed, and my character dies from underwhelming power, I'll move onto the next power build, or extremely meme build to get that one nerfed too. Cool

Though if you wanna keep metal the way it is? Just make the spell a bit easier to spot tbh. That's half of it's whole tom shittery as someone who uses it, I can rarely see it, maybe if it was a charged spell with a flashy charge up. But then people would complain about new chains that could be made with it. Why not just remove everything that you can't basic strike to death? 

Otherwise, no one tree/playstyle should be overwhelming to all others. Metal/Gravity has it's weaknesses and it's strengths. Low-Medium assured damage if you get your combos off. Just like any other skills you can chain together.  Space Teleports + Shockwave types, AoE stacking, Homings and evasions, Sustain and drains, C.C. chains, combo bursts. It's rock-paper-scissors and you just gotta find it's counter.
(07-04-2020, 01:10 AM)Ziagfu Wrote: Once metal's nerfed, and my character dies from underwhelming power, I'll move onto the next power build, or extremely meme build to get that one nerfed too. Cool

Though if you wanna keep metal the way it is? Just make the spell a bit easier to spot tbh. That's half of it's whole tom shittery as someone who uses it, I can rarely see it, maybe if it was a charged spell with a flashy charge up. But then people would complain about new chains that could be made with it. Why not just remove everything that you can't basic strike to death? 

Otherwise, no one tree/playstyle should be overwhelming to all others. Metal/Gravity has it's weaknesses and it's strengths. Low-Medium assured damage if you get your combos off. Just like any other skills you can chain together.  Space Teleports + Shockwave types, AoE stacking, Homings and evasions, Sustain and drains, C.C. chains, combo bursts. It's rock-paper-scissors and you just gotta find it's counter.

The stun timer just needs to be balanced and equal to other stuns... Especially when it's easier to land.
And if that's all your relying on metal, you probably need to practice your verbing skills a little more.

At the end of the day, consider verbing isn't everything and just rp though! Even if you're nerfed. :)
(07-04-2020, 01:20 AM)Esmeraude Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 01:10 AM)Ziagfu Wrote: Once metal's nerfed, and my character dies from underwhelming power, I'll move onto the next power build, or extremely meme build to get that one nerfed too. Cool

The stun timer just needs to be balanced and equal to other stuns... Especially when it's easier to land.
And if that's all your relying on metal, you probably need to practice your verbing skills a little more.

At the end of the day, consider verbing isn't everything and just rp though! Even if you're nerfed. :)

The stun timer isn't the problem most people are having. It's the timing chain. Rooting someone into another root doesn't seem to work, stun into another stun doesn't work. BUT a Root into a stun done right can have the root timer reset, and stun into root can do the opposite for stun as well.

It goes to stand on both ends as well, if you can't stand fighting against people who like to utilize stuns (Both in game, and the out of game stun where you're yelling at your screen at how long the combo lasts), then don't focus solely on fighting them. It's just a game bruh, don't need to be a god tier verber, just not be a shit tier RPer that relies solely on verb skills/builds to make a difference IC.
'It's just a game' doesn't justify being rooted/stunned for a solid 8 seconds as they spam aoes/waves between each CC because of caster..

It just doesn't and cannot get more brain dead than that particular combo, one root? Fine, acceptable. Once it's all of the ezmode nonsense, then it becomes an issue. Adding an immunity timer like stuns would/could solve it.

Or make crushing iron a skillshot and not a homing at least, that way they actually have to aim it instead of dash close.
(07-04-2020, 01:34 AM)Ziagfu Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 01:20 AM)Esmeraude Wrote:

The stun timer isn't the problem most people are having. It's the timing chain. Rooting someone  into another root doesn't seem to work, stun into another stun doesn't work. BUT a Root into a stun done right can have the root timer reset, and stun into root can do the opposite for stun as well.

It goes to stand on both ends as well, if you can't stand fighting against people who like to utilize stuns (Both in game, and the out of game stun where you're yelling at your screen at how long the combo lasts), then don't focus solely on fighting them.  It's just a game bruh, don't need to be a god tier verber, just not be a shit tier RPer that relies solely on verb skills/builds to make a difference IC.

No, it isn't the timing chain. The root into the stun is fine, but the stun itself alone is far too long compared to others. Leaving most attempts at avoiding it, or even pushing someone back as they cast it? Giving them enough time to walk back and still use their biggest spells. It's not about it being done right, as a toddler smacking their keyboard could do it. It doesn't reset anything, the stun is just too long... Even after it was nerfed before, it's superior to all others.

Things being too strong is a problem though, as it gives these people who don't do anything or push things a power that wasn't earned at all. I'm sorry but when something is clearly not balanced in the game, it needs to be looked at. So it doesn't go both ways, as one way you can throw your weight around without caring for the roleplay itself... Which many have tried to do already... But thankfully such attempts get stopped before getting too far.

you could just go blood it has a track record of not being nerfed yet. it's a win/win, either you win or it gets nerfed and everyone wins.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
(07-04-2020, 02:20 AM)Jumpy Wrote:

you could just go blood it has a track record of not being nerfed yet. it's a win/win, either you win or it gets nerfed and everyone wins.

Already was blood. Metal beat blood pretty hard. I usually play what kills me.
(07-04-2020, 02:20 AM)Jumpy Wrote: you could just go blood it has a track record of not being nerfed yet. it's a win/win, either you win or it gets nerfed and everyone wins.

- Blood Vapor's cooldown increased from 20s to 26s (Blood)

- Blood Bullet's on hit damage increased from 5 to 7 (Blood)
- Blood Bomb's cooldown increased from 18s to 22s (Blood)

Direct from last update's patchnotes?
(07-04-2020, 02:41 AM)Theori Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 02:20 AM)Jumpy Wrote: you could just go blood it has a track record of not being nerfed yet. it's a win/win, either you win or it gets nerfed and everyone wins.

- Blood Vapor's cooldown increased from 20s to 26s (Blood)

- Blood Bullet's on hit damage increased from 5 to 7 (Blood)
- Blood Bomb's cooldown increased from 18s to 22s (Blood)

Direct from last update's patchnotes?

Every homing got 4-5 seconds added to them.
Blood bullet is a buff.
Blood aura is still (in my opinion) superior to some hiddens.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Topic Options