Suggestions
im back to say, remove aggressive battles from the game, they are anti-climactic, pointless, and serve no purpose, you may as well send a restrain fight for the same amount of stakes.
reminder that conflict is the heart of any good story and good conflict relies on there being meaningful stakes :nerd :point_up:

remove aggros
Perms hurty :c
[Image: image0.png]
Don't ever speak to me or my son ever again
I can't agree with 'remove aggro' rhetoric! What if two friends get into a brawl over a small dispute? What if someone commits a very petty theft and you want to just rough them up? It doesn't make sense for things like that to be possibly elevated into perm status, sorry lads! Danger is 'I wanna fuck this person up'. Aggro is 'I wanna rough 'em up a bit'. It bridges the gap between a full on fight to maim and something impassioned! Wanna escalate your argument? Two of you can agree on a danger!
I want to have aggresives still in, if nothing else than to give a safer option for someone who ends up getting themselves in a fight while they arefar weaker in rpl.

What makes aggressives anticlimatic, is that you can just easily drink a healing elixir and you're then all good. Worse, you can drink up a healing elixir right after losing a fight while the one who won will remain with a battle injury for three hours that can't be healed.

If you want aggressives to be more climatic and more meaningful? The right approach will be to make temporary injuries harder to fully remove or treat, rather than removing aggresive fights entirely.

Whoever had won a battle and took the time to write a temp injury, only for the opponent to just chug down a healing elixir soon after to recover, raise your hands - And vice versa if you used a healing elixir right after getting a temp.
Maybe Aggressive Temps could have a day or two of being Unhealable. Maybe an additional bit of randomization that randomizes how long the Unhealable portion of the temp lasts.

Ooor, make Healing Elixers a hidden recipe or more expensive c:
[Image: image0.png]
Don't ever speak to me or my son ever again
idk ppl literally die in playful fights irl (and in stories, too!), if u rly want some no-stakes roughhousing you can do a restrained

fights should have stakes. "you might get hurt by a big guy while you're little" sounds like a pro to me, not a con. i say this having been permed on my current character in a fight where i was rpl 168 and they were rpl 192. i incorporated it into my characters goals and it's helped defined them. it was, overall, a good thing for my character.

perms aren't as big of a deal as some ppl make them out to be. i have 5. doesn't matter.
(02-21-2023, 05:59 AM)ratqueen Wrote: idk ppl literally die in playful fights irl (and in stories, too!), if u rly want some no-stakes roughhousing you can do a restrained

fights should have stakes. "you might get hurt by a big guy while you're little" sounds like a pro to me, not a con. i say this having been permed on my current character in a fight where i was rpl 168 and they were rpl 192. i incorporated it into my characters goals and it's helped defined them. it was, overall, a good thing for my character.

perms aren't as big of a deal as some ppl make them out to be. i have 5. doesn't matter.

While I don't disagree, the parallel to real is kind of silly. A 1/6 chance to possibly maim your friend is a little much!! Also it sows a lot of negative IC personally! I think it's more beneficial for the RP side of the game to maintain aggros.
(02-21-2023, 05:52 AM)Spicy Serious Wrote: Maybe Aggressive Temps could have a day or two of being Unhealable. Maybe an additional bit of randomization that randomizes how long the Unhealable portion of the temp lasts.

Ooor, make Healing Elixers a hidden recipe or more expensive c:

make healing elixirs a faith-unlockable recipe (this is only partially a joke)
i for one always advocate for more violence.

maybe when rolling a natural perm ppl can pick between the normal perm (10 vit) and a weaker one (5 vit) so if they perm someone at an earlier stage of their character they can choose a less debilitating injury. (even tho 10 vit healed to 5 isnt crazy). I'm pretty sure there's an option for 5 vit perms when you're capped so make that a thing, or all danger 0 perms have 5 vit, but if there's a cap roll it's 10 etc.

if that was the case aggressives should be gone!
[Image: unknown.png]
Topic Options