Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,519
» Latest member: Wyrdi
» Forum threads: 16,535
» Forum posts: 94,340

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 389 online users.
» 23 Member(s) | 361 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Applebot, Yandex, Dev235, Dreamspeaker, MalfGuy2, Shanal, C.O.B.A.L.T., Knawlidge, Enginseer-42, 9mmortal, jcodes, FREAK, GravityChill, magicschoolbusdropout, AmazinPew, Artorias, Obama, AeraAulin, Sun_Wukong, ~Aoria-sama~, Hibiki

Latest Threads
PillowChalk
Londo's Royal Theater

Forum: In Character
Last Post: PillowChalk
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 611
Nullia
Inheritor

Forum: Biographies
Last Post: Nullia
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
Milly
Profiles 4 Profit

Forum: Creative Corner
Last Post: Milly
8 hours ago
» Replies: 91
» Views: 116,047
Reddle
Future of the Totsuka Cla...

Forum: Emporium
Last Post: Reddle
8 hours ago
» Views: 75
Drive
Retainers of House Dul Vi...

Last Post: Drive
10 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 159
Iceshadow
Bug Reports

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Iceshadow
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2,414
» Views: 750,941
Hika
Children of Life and Deat...

Last Post: Hika
Today, 01:08 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 604
Tyrea
Disciples of the Land

Last Post: Tyrea
Yesterday, 11:32 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 309
Lammy
Trauma | | Change

Forum: Biographies
Last Post: Lammy
Yesterday, 10:58 PM
» Views: 114
CurledSpiral
Around the Wheel Turns Fo...

Forum: In Character
Last Post: CurledSpiral
Yesterday, 08:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 348

The slain Angel
Posted by: NihiliusSixx - 01-12-2022, 09:52 AM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - Replies (1)

[Image: p2HEeof.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Quote:
Kraus created the stars, then the people, and finally a garden for them to roam, according to the codex in bold scriptures. A haven of peace where no man or woman goes hungry and there isn't a sin in sight.
However, a shadow lingered within each light, and a dark being lurked in the distance.
If there were a creator of the stars and the people, surely there was a creator of the darkness and the violence that accompanied it.
A name that is rarely spoken, forbidden, and should only be sought by the insane. Achlys, the slain angel.
Rumors and tales of a coven doing the unthinkable, drawing the powers of the full moon and using their very blood to perform a ritual that would cast them into the dreamworld and down to whatever wretched home abound deep in the realm of Achlys. Or was it?

Attendees: The Coven. {2-6 people?}
Time and date: TBD

Dm: She is down there!
Tone: Creepy, Spiritual, Lore
Goal: Uncover a Achlys relic, a tome, some lore but best of all have fun.

Rewards: Spoken with DM
Risk: Low/High CoD

Print this item

The Man On The Stump
Posted by: Folian - 01-12-2022, 06:20 AM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - Replies (1)

[Image: forgotten.png]

Red skies beget broken hearts.

How fleeting it is.
The warmth in one's chest,
the smile on one's face
joy.

...And how easily does the cold return.
Winter's touch,
a taste of death.
I know it all too well, by the black wyrm's curse that still marks my skin.

But this...
A taste of true emptiness.

Is this... death?

Stolen with but a brief whisk of the hand.
Like dust to the wind.
Was that all my everything was worth to them?

I should've known better.
I should've listened to her.
Should've bound my heart in chains and followed her word to a T.
Just like I always have.

But I didn't.

Now I pay the price.

Your remains taken from me...
All I have to remember are the paintings that line my walls,
and that book of Atmos which serves as your epitaph.

Now what?

What's the point without you?
You who shared my dream.
You who saw the truth.
You.

[Image: e0b1a4908cf0afb888b8c68384f950a1510f48af.jpg]

I'll make sure they have more than just a fuckin' book to remember you by.
Soon they'll know.

Print this item

A forest battle
Posted by: Velkor - 01-11-2022, 04:19 AM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

[Image: vilius-petrauskas-dfam39-tumulus-of-germ...1487689739]

Locals talk about a battle that occurred South west of Osrona and to the South east of the Waystone Bazaar in the forest. They said they heard what sounded like laughter coming from the area.
By the time people arrived to where they believed the fight was happening it seemed to have ended. Places on the ground looked as if lighting had struck the ground multiple times. There were places were blood lay bare to the elements. A tree had a big dent in it where something seems to have been slammed into it. Around the dent in the tree there were marks of what looked like a beast slashing at something along with some blood under the tree.

Print this item

A red sunrise!
Posted by: Sachiko - 01-10-2022, 02:43 AM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: Krathos.jpg]

Over two millennium has passed since the terrible conquest, and how could any true Rhoynur forget? The blood-red sunrise that killed so many...

A minor city several kilometers south of the border, or rather, what was once a city is now nothing, but rubble and ruins covered in golden sands.

According to rumor, the red sun still rises, and anyone who ventures into the depths of what's left of Hessalia, the crimson cosmic technique that swept over the battlefields and renewed the Rhoynish, will meet the same fate.

However, a local merchant in Galamea told a story about the ruins being full of nothing but treasure and relics to be found from the very bones of the soldiers and warriors who fought.

But the best part is that a member of Clan Kathos is still riding his stallion.

Attendees: The Rhoynish. (3-6 people)
Risk: CoD?
Tone: Lore / Desert / A lot of horses / Rhoynish
Rewards: Spoken with DM.

DM: What are you waiting for? Pick this up!?

Print this item

They Will Line the Roads
Posted by: Quatral - 01-09-2022, 10:08 PM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

Cast to the wind, to disperse and disappear into the rot they so vainly worship  

[Image: 8835bdfce69af6a081109fb462cb298c.jpg]

On the great causeway which leads to Osrona's westmost gate, a crowd gathers in the dim of the evening for a grim display. A fleshcrafter and dabbler in witchcraft is strung upon the high branch of a tree near to the roadside by the Lightbringer herself. The convict's head shrouded in a plain burlap hood, concealing his identity and leaving the man ultimately nameless to the annals of history.

This now, is the fate of those who failed to seek their own redemption...

Anonymity and a death without pride, for they may seek such hubris in the pits of Hel'heim.

Yet he will not remain alone there. All witches, occultists, void-deviants, and traitors to the crown will line the roads of our Shimmering City, for its people have mistaken lenience for mercy.

[Image: hangedmanpost.png]

Print this item

ebon market: trophies for sale
Posted by: naysien's gem - 01-09-2022, 10:03 PM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

posted to the waystone board.

Quote:sentimental over your dead/absent friends?

wanna cosplay as an ex-starfall student from the graduating class of 1882?

wanna be able to say that golden grip on your shooter was smelted down from an osronan noble's trophy?
(i do, that's why there's only three for sale.)

16,666 a pop. i'm funding a golden anvil from these. write to Opal at the coat.

a photo of the trophies is attached.

[Image: X2F6EQQ.png]

Print this item

The Hunt Begins
Posted by: ByePolar - 01-09-2022, 08:24 PM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

[Image: ojC0xKg.jpg]

Whispers.

Rumblings of a strange creature watching over the Baleford Bridge would pick up in recent times.

Quote:
"I couldn't even tell you what it was. I'm just thankful I survived... We really should reclaim that bridge as soon as possible, can't have things like that roaming around."

With wings darker than the night sky.

Quote:
"Maybe it's a bird, or a monster."
"Perhaps it's one of those demons."
"No..."
"A dragon."

The number of ruthless attacks to passing civilians would only increase, some were going as far as to avoid the bridge altogether. But strangely enough some were able to pass without issue, it seemed the beast had a target.

The Shimmering City.

Eyes of gold were deadset on Osrona.

[Image: 7CAlJ1Q.jpg]

Print this item

A Dark Reminder
Posted by: WhiteGold - 01-09-2022, 01:10 PM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

[Image: original.gif]
Quote:
For little close to a decade now the shadowed mountaintops of the North have grown quiet. The ravenous Den of Dragons turning to plotting and raising their young as opposed to pressing their claims after pushing the southerners back into their city. Though now, as the previous generation of the Coat prepares their own hunt to slay a Primordial, the young dragons of the Coat prepare for a hunt of their own. 

Though their game is far less prestigious it remains important all the same.

Its time for a raid 

South they venture into a frostbitten hamlet at the edge of their claimed territory. So comfortable they have become recently that rumors have spread of The Faith returning to them. Whispers of the day that Osrona will return to liberate them from their draconic overlords. With talks of Osrona's intention to reclaim the shattered bridge this has only grown.  Unacceptable in all regards.
  In the dead of night they move, their intent? 

Burn the Churches
Root out the insurrection
And to give a stark reminder to those that think they can escape the shadow of Naysien.  

Character: Pandora
Attendees: The (younger) Ebonblooded
Risk: High CoI
Tone: Raiding, Carnage, Draconic Fervor 
Rewards: To Be Discussed
DM: Found(?)

Print this item

The Motif of Purity
Posted by: Swift! - 01-08-2022, 08:24 AM - Forum: Pre-Meranthe - No Replies

[Image: ki07cvp.png]

The Motif of Purity

An observation on Osronan culture and political tidings

Written by - Kateryna pyr Docro

Upon arrival to the region my expectations of the local population were high in regard to capability. The stories of mythical level magi and other vastly powerful beings were not lost on me, there was both excitement and fear within me to encounter the beings who inhabited this deeply magical land. Yet while pondering the modern politics of the locale, I came across a stunning, though perhaps, unsurprising discovery. A flaw within the very existence of the Osronan government and culture, something so deeply engrained I happily report it will result in their own undoing. From the more direct impacts of extremists sects, to the more discrete ones as low troop morale, Osrona's fascination with the concept of purity is a truly backwards and fool-hearty fixation. An ideal so vague and outdated they fail to hold to their own standards, now pressed by the very magi who once walked its walls. Even in their most proud form of Elysia, Osronan culture finds little to pride the average man on.

This is a simple issue although lasting and devasting in nature. The creation and fabrication of purity, an inherently hateful and exclusionary concept, is a mistake which predates the Osronan claim to power. There is a great deal of writing dedicated to detailing their faith and 'noble' blood, claiming ancestry to the angel's chosen, their blood carrying attunement to the constellation they worship by birth-rite. They hold great pride in this so called purity, being marked by the angels as unfit to govern and lead themselves, not in just benefit from the stars, but in undeniable and direct need. This, of course, breeds conflict. Both believe the angels are of proper graces, placing leadership and moral guidance on the nobles, yet only Elysia says the quiet parts out-loud. An honest alternative to Osrona, the extremists are. While they openly judge those of non-human purity, including the rhyonish, they at the very least stand open and forthcoming with this venom.

Osrona however? The shimmering city is a constantly evolving location, but one of the many constants is the exclusion of muddied blood. No matter what form of government the holy city takes, whether it be council or monarchy, the known ruling class of the noble families will always stand true. No matter the reach of which you acquire within its walls or the oaths you swear to its causes, the average man will never sit even with the nobles of Osrona. Even the minor houses, given praise and admiration, will fall short of comparing to the purity of nobility granted by their stars. The more immutable and distinct your 'impurity' the less and less you are worth in the eyes of the celestialist faith. No matter the attunement or dedication to those glimmering stars above, they will never reach down and validate you the same way they embrace the entitled lights of their chosen pets. Osronan's may dirty their blood, mixing with beastkin and other races, yet at the moment of birth, it is often the dominant human line which holds true through their blessings. Representation from the common man, non-magi, and other minority groups is a fanfare of comical naivety.

Barsburg lacks such entitlement to blood, basing nobility in actions, not in blood. While acknowledgment is given to noble's children, even the particle of the most famous nobles eventually come to renewal. No race is strictly placed as the most common or only race suiting of nobility. The only factors determining your success in the machine is your loyalty, drive, and ability to succeed, there is no need to worry yourself with pleasing the waning interests of gods, or playing as pet to their amusement. There is only progress. Where as Osrona shells itself away, clamoring to its precious brand from extra-planar entities as a sign of purity, screaming and demanding not to be replaced- Barsburg simply advances. Time marches on and so does the will of the Empire, the race of its ranks insignificant to the proudness of its people. Regardless of color, fur, or origin they march under the same banner. If there was ever any reason to flip your coat or to carry your family away in the night, this one will never fail or fade. Do not die in the name of another's blood or in the shadow of a fading godly light. Die in the name of something which represents the interests of the greater utility. Not for you, but for your memory, your family, and the impact you may leave on this dark continent.

Glory to the Empire.

[Image: ki07cvp.png]

Print this item

Make Azure blade a stance.
Posted by: Cali - 01-07-2022, 05:58 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (2)

Azure blade needs to be a signature stance... ( master tier)  not a aura.

Prove me wrong.

Print this item