Relics of Renown
A glossary of all notable relics within Esshar and their status.
- Caledfwlch: A long sword that that narrows towards the pointed tip, with a silvery surface that resembles a lake under the glow of Leonaus's midnight. Strikes of blue and gold center at the hilt and run up the mythril.
- Lion's Might: A giant flaming warhammer.
- Crescent Moon: A katana of nevermelt ice, able to cut metal with ease and steal the heat from flame.
- Galatine: Otherwise known as the blade blessed by Joruheim itself. It's said the greatsword carries the strength, wisdom, and courage of heroes long past, lending this strength to it's wielder in the fight against darkness.
- Starburn: An incandescent arcanium claymore that that shimmers in the hues of the cosmos, with a rainbow pearlescence that resembles a rainbow aurora betwixt the cosmos. A shard of a comet rests at it's center, said to have passed through the Leonaus constellation directly, and it's currently residing as an heirloom of the Queen family noble house.
After King Pendragon of Brittania slayed the demon Mordred and avenged the descendants of Astya, Mikhail Petrakis visited the country. A Dawnbringer, a precious blade of immeasurable holy magic enchanted by Arthor himself, was given to the Lord of Time in parting.
Mikhail went on to divide the original into three, passing them on to his three most loyal retainers. Astor, Grimmore, and Pelleaux. Only blood descendants of these houses (or champions bearing their sigil) can wield their respective Dawnbringer.
A legendary blade of destruction. It's said to be locked away in the lowest pit of Helheim, guarded by the kings and queens its curse dragged down with it.
Crown of Aschea
After breathing the first of the Teraphim to life, Aschea's essence vanished from the world. It's said the Overseer's body petrified and transformed into a small, glimmering, reddish-purple gem. A crystal corpse. The Teraphim guarded this relic and studied its magical properties. Upon the founding of Aschea's Faith, the first High Lord Randor Dinendir forged a crown of solid Arcanium to seat the jewel. The Crown of Aschea is the symbol of Myllenoris' power and the High Lord's connection with the Overseer. It grants the wearer absolute spiritual attunement, capable of hearing the whispers, seeing the movements of every spirit in the domain of Myllenoris.
Only the recognized High Lord of Myllenoris and Head of Aschea's Faith can wear the crown without angering the spirits of the land. Anyone else would be eventually destroyed by otherworldly supernatural forces they could not comprehend.