QuatralRed Sun over the Wood [Vanreth Family vs. Twilight Coven]

A red sun dawns over deep violet eaves of the Dreadwoods, casting awful shadows and telling of portents most foul.

Yet this omen is far from a mystery to those denizens who call the accursed forest their home.

Hark, calls the fell host...

Quote:
"Set the fires, fell the trees. We march at night-fall."

[Image: covenraid1.png]

There upon the fringes of the wood does a small host begin to pitch their tents, erecting yurts and stockades. A sallow-cheeked and empty-eyed company which bears the mark of Cain upon their exposed necks.

Twin pin-pricks like a cattle brand...

Word circulates outwards from the estate of the Gilded Hearts, that these movements come under the direction of Tara Vanreth, self-styled Viscountess of no particular court or royal allegiance. Her private forces, mercenaries, and otherwise reigned in alliances formed with the sole task of marching on those who live within the Dreadwoods. 

Immortalized husband and wife both set their sights upon the Twilight Coven.

To which is said,

Quote:
"We have made our intentions to the dregs and vagrants who squat within the depths of this blighted forest quite clear, and they have readily denied us what we wish. No longer will we wait, for all the years at our disposal...

..It is time to act."

[Image: taraandjohannesforum2.png]

To most the aims of the midnight host might seem a mystery, yet it's with zealous intent that they stake their assault towards the Twilight Coven.

Just as her father did decades prior...

[Raid on Twilight Coven, Date TBD]
[Image: robert-pavic-concept-0508.jpg?1501966381&dl=1]

Hearing rumors, hearing of the place that was a home to refugee's, to people who were struggling...  Hearing how others wanted to burn it down. It was a story the Champion of the Mire had heard already, in fact. He lived through one.

Hours after declaration of war is made, Yaron embarks and travels through the cursed woods, talking with it's leaders.

A pact, an alliance was forged.

A public declaration was made.

Quote:
"I lost my home to vampires, I lost my kin to Docros, whom had erased them from this land. Or enslaved them under a leash. I spent years, nearly a decade in attempt to recollect knowledge, relics of my kin, to preserve it's people, to save them from going extinct. And now I see another war waged, against what I consider to be the closest ally of the monsters. The Twliight Coven... The Monsters that you all consider to be a joke, are a beast that is going to fight despite bleeding out, standing on it's last legs. And if it is by Nightmother's word that all of us go down in blazes..."

"Then I'm going to take my enemies down with me."
- Yaron

Sudden influx of monsters can be seen appearing in Dreadwoods, reinforcements are put up once more to defend against Vanrenth family, warriors are trained by the Dullahan, Yaron looks out for everyone and makes sure that Dreadwoods perimeters stay 'safe' at all times. His intentions? They were crystal clear. He's not backing down from a challenge put onto his allies. For he's not a coward, but a Warrior. 

Darkest Hope of the Monsters and remnants of Mireling horde rise once more to protect the Coven, and the Dreadwoods.
[Image: PQ0gBxN.png]

So he went behind her back and made a deal with the Coven whilst she was gone.
Took a portion of her monsters to defend a settlement that is not hers.
From the sandstorm of the Essharian desert, she comes out, alone.
The horde remains but their leader marches to the Dreadwoods.
On their own.

Quote:
"I made myself clear, didn't I? When you first came to my camp and asked me to take you in.
I told you that by doin' so, you were forfeiting your right to lead. That'd I become the sole leader of what remains.

But today, you chose to defy me.

Went behind my back to make an alliance I didn't approve of, for an obsure faction I do not care about.
You did it whilst I was gone, after I had taken the bulk of our forces to prepare the battle for Aesirheim.

You took advantage of me.

Waited for your time, like the opportunistic snivelin' little snake you are. I can't believe that.
I offered you a home, a safe restin' place to be and you spat in my face.

For that, I will kill you. I will bury what's left of the Shadowmire and start anew,
Yaron, Champion of Nyx."
(Samina, Warboss)

A decision taken in collaboration with the Viscountess, Tara Vanreth.
Yaron, Champion of Nyx, is to be left for Samina to take care of.

(Duel that will happen during the raid)
DEADLY CAP 6
[Image: Raid.png]
Topic Options