Apollo DensinLaw Talker NPC
Back in spires I set up some NPC's in the spawn area of new people, Title them simply laws of the city/area for new people spawning in will know what they need to abide law and rule wise. Can sort of help new people and new characters into the area a bit better.

Can be a simple sign or something along those lines.
Founder and only member of the epic hat club
Remember, if the plan makes you lose your hat, then it is a bad plan.
I think while the spirit of your suggestion is something that'd be a nice addition, region specific laws will be better suited for the upcoming book system. Much easier to detail it there rather than cram it into an NPC's dialogue.
The only problem with this is it needs to be visible to people right away in the starting area with the npc text underneath. Because if it is a random book case by the spot, people may not know to click on it unless you make mention of it in the tutorial text
That could easily be mitigated by having a book of the spawn point's laws just spawn in your inventory when you make a character.

I crave the book update.
(10-14-2020, 02:29 AM)Apollo Densin Wrote: The only problem with this is it needs to be visible to people right away in the starting area with the npc text underneath. Because if it is a random book case by the spot, people may not know to click on it unless you make mention of it in the tutorial text

If you're wanting to read up on the laws of your city ICly, I don't think it's unreasonable to seek out the knowledge by exploring bookshelves. Specifically I think that the placement of the 'public info' books are going to be easy to find, like at the reception of a castle, mass produced in availability. This also has the added benefit of getting to read up on old revisions of your country's laws where there may have been changes and such.
So Chances last comment has got my noggin joggin now. Initial spawn points for factions are reception areas mapped out, so instead of spawning in the fireblooded apartments you spawn into the fire blood reception area. etc etc. Has a small reception desk, with the bookshelf on prominent display with the relevant texts for this book shelf. Should also have restricted access so random books are not deposited and only relevant city books are allowed there. This may just be a policing effort/honor rule for the most part. So we do not have a misadventures of Hakeem on this book shelf or something along those lines
Topic Options