ChanceQuestions / Suggestions -- The Pandemonium Chase
https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/s...6#pid22186

Easier to keep track of here than Discord in case anyone wants something clarified. Keep in mind that this is just a summary and I'll be working on expanded lore posts over the next few weeks, but if you want to know anything in particular meanwhile feel free to ask!
1. Are you going to completely wipe down Petrakis lineage? There were many characters, most of them were not killed
2. What can you say about reformation of Celestialism? It was active before TS was announced.
3. Academy or Library as separate place - will it exist?
is it possible to be a synthetic that is a servant to the empire/city/noble family?
what are the rules/restrictions for synthetics lorewise?
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
1. They'll fall into the background for now since we're shifting the focus here (don't want the plot to repeat)
2. There will be a Church, and you can see a 'priest' role in the thread. Details on that to come.
3. Possibly. Not sure yet.
(09-04-2020, 07:35 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: is it possible to be a synthetic that is a servant to the empire/city/noble family?
what are the rules/restrictions for synthetics lorewise?

Yes! A synth can act as an advisor, but their primary function is to guide and help shape the policy of Achyon on behalf of the Empire. Essentially they're 'enhanced' humans that process information at a much faster rate, but are emotionally lacking - unable to feel the kinds of emotions that wouldn't be 'optimal' for their duty (such as pain). This naturally varies from one to the other. 

Their skill tree is anti-magic based, similar to the advanced magitech weaponry you saw Barsburg have. They cannot use an attack gem however as their entire body is basically a weapon.
what level of synthetic are there, can there be HK-47 from star wars knights of the old republic very robotic but still human shaped, indistinguishably human like Detroit's become human, or steam powered giraffe humanoid form with a still distinctly mechanical look?
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
(09-04-2020, 07:46 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: ...

Any aesthetic is fine (such as metallic), but they're generally very human with an unnatural "doll-like" appearance. So sprite wise they'd typically be pale/look a little off, but there isn't any particular requirement here as a synthetic is just an artificial body that's enhanced and linked in to the network of an Entity. Anything from YohRa to a straight up cyborg is good.

Skill-tree will be something like:

Quote:Anti-Magic Field, toggle-buff: +5% DR, light passive AoE damage.
Suppression: Skillshot/stronger variant of the gem.
Self-Repair: Cleanse/heal.
Eradication: Aura. +10% AP / +5% DR.

Might give them access to all three gems but increase opener costs by 5, something gimmicky... Still brainstorming here.
can i pass my cool gun down to my grandkids to be the Aertas relic
i miss mouse so much
[Image: unknown.png]
(09-04-2020, 07:53 PM)I-0 Wrote: can i pass my cool gun down to my grandkids to be the Aertas relic

If it was obtained via an item app, sure. Keep in mind that all relics are going to just resprites for the start of the game (since people will be low RPL) but can be upgraded a number of weeks in.
(09-04-2020, 07:54 PM)chance Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 07:53 PM)I-0 Wrote: can i pass my cool gun down to my grandkids to be the Aertas relic

If it was obtained via an item app, sure. Keep in mind that all relics are going to just resprites for the start of the game (since people will be low RPL) but can be upgraded a number of weeks in.

it was, yes
(i really just don't want the cool icon to be Lost, and it felt kind of weird the artificing family was lacking a masterpiece to show off)
i miss mouse so much
Topic Options