DanteriusAviusDanteriusAvius the DM
Event Preferences: Smaller (2-4 people) character focused events, I'm a sucker for character dev. I prefer writing drama and tragedy to lighthearted things but I'll take a stab at most anything you throw at me. I'm not a huge fan of solo events but if it appeals I'll give it a shot. I also love lore heavy things but my knowledge is....very limited at this stage. Still you can always ask.

Request me if you like but my time is very limited. I'll do my best to fit you in though!

Are you currently running events, and if so, are you considering player requested events?: Yes and Yes.

Discord: DanteFalcon#2098

Quote:Key/Character:
Which Event:

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)

Overall:

Any other comments:
Character: Orion Izar
Which Event: https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/s...p?tid=3997

Responsiveness: 10/10 - They definetly didn't take long, if anything, I would say that we were actually the slow one's.
Balance: It was something we expected from a CoI, I definetly can't say it was a 10/10 on one thing, the balance at first, but that's certainly justifiable since it was your first time, the difficulty rose with the fights and as we progressed, it indeed became a fair fight.
Storytelling: It was absolutely great for an adventure of this level, I had my fun, and the best part was how I feel like we could've gone about things in a different way, could definetly have avoided one of those fights, and when considering everything the three of us were roleplaying, it felt pretty inclusive of everyone how you acknowledged everything each and every one of us were doing. The details which I didn't expect at first were also a nice touch.
Fairness: We got dev items and we didn't come out unscathed, overall, the risks absolutely matched the rewards, good thing we had some good rolls.

Overall: 9/10

Any other comments: They were extremely punctual with the time and were very kind of waiting for us who hadn't shown up yet due to the time. I appreciate that.
Key/Character: Freda Von Bohm

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10, Quick to the draw on the posts and quick to adapt to RP adjustments.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Seemed mostly like a chance of injury than a death thing, But it was their first event in E3, so. Probably don't want to go on a massacre in their first run.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Took a plain story that the original suggestion had and opened it up. Giving characters inside the event their own lore and some interesting mobs
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Good our asses fairly whooped but for some fair gear.

Overall: 9/10

Any other comments: Very kind on not instantly dipping out as one of our boys were late.
Key/Character: Prego / Nero pyr Aertas

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 - you were faster than me why
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 8/10 - Some fights were too easy! That's something easy to miss at first, however, and will definitely get better with time!
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 - Exactly what I expected from the event, and it was all very carefully knitted together!
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Definitely! The risks were not that high, admittedly, and the rewards were really nice; But all of them were thought out to need a lot of dev to get useful!

Overall: 10/10 would do again
Any other comments:
Since all the cool kids are doing it, I feel I should too clarify that I’m still doing this DM thing.
Key/Character: Blair pyr Docro
Which Event: Flashsword: The Myth

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very responsive! Dante is busy IRL, and it's totally cool and I get it. Plus TIMEZONE. They're all the way in Japan!! But they offered to DM it and it was amazing.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The balance was expected. It was a CoD event, and they even put the injury table in the group chat for us. It was an injury table I've never worked with before, and it gave you a chance to escape worse punishment if you rolled a 6, for example. The injuries were dealt at the end, which is great. The battles were INTENSE, which is expected for a CoD, and I don't expect anything less. The last one was insane.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Dante wrote this as a myth, which is a super cool premise. My character now wants to grow bamboo, thanks. The content was straight forward, but it was enjoyable and had a cute theme to it. Letting me take home a fluff Kamaitachi weasel since I made a Weasel fren was also something I'm a fan of. Cute little things like that? Super cool. The vague ending of whether or not I killed the swordsman or not was amazing too.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Everyone got something. And I'm ALWAYS in support of this, as much as is doable. There were 3 of us, and from the way Dante said it, there were multiple paths in order to get multiple things. Such as path A would have a set of rewards, Path B another set, etc. 

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments:

[Image: unknown.png]

me gusta.
dante great dm
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Key/Character: Ilya pyr Docro
Which Event: Flashsword: The Myth

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Quick and responsive, was attentive in LOOC and provided very well written narrates in a reasonable amount of time.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Those fights were fantastic.. Especially the last. Very challenging, in a way I'd like to see from a HCoD; but it was never overturned or something we couldn't handle with effort. Overall fun and engaging fights.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I loved the picture Dante painted, and the way they progressed the 'tale'. It was fitting for the theme and was very cool in general.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I liked the injury table and how the injuries were justified. Definitely fair and well thought out.

Any other comments: Great DM! Always provides the best dev and puts some great thought/depth into the IC they provide. Thank you for giving us such a solid experience. 
[Image: unknown_10.png]
Key/Character: Emerson Naysien
Which Event: On Her Wings

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Dante's narration speed was perfectly fine, and they communicated very well with us in both the game as well as the group chat in order to set up the date, and information required for the event itself.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The bosses felt hard and one of them had a really neat trick with PD that I haven't seen before. It felt overwhelming but they handled it perfectly fine and really made us feel that, "holy shit!" factor.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The storytelling was cute, and definitely worked off the premise I had randomly devised in the event thread. The idea of the bosses providing growth for us beyond just "fight and get strong" was great, too. It's definitely going to impact my charcater.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Punishments were definitely justified and the rewards were great for what injuries we got.

Overall: As always, 10/10

Any other comments:

[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Character:Character: Valerica Vorso
Which Event: On Her Wings

Responsiveness : It was very good! Up there with every other dm’s responsiveness. It honestly took longer for me to post my own response because of writer’s block than they did writing theirs. :pray:
Balance: I’d like to be completely honest and say that this was probably THE hardest event I’ve ever been on. In fact, after seeing the unique injury table and being assassinated by the dice countless times, I really felt like I was going to die. That said though, it succeeded in delivering that feel of “this trek is actually dangerous” as opposed to going in a supposed place, guns blazing and looting everything important. 
Storytelling: The DM tried to accommodate everyone's preferred choice of dev and it was really fun to have each scenario different from the last. From the ramen bowl to the cold checks, to the hidden message of what it really means to enact vengeance, it was all good. 
Fairness: The punishment was fair to the tier that it was in. You can’t ever get truly mad at rolling a 1. Sure, you can be disappointed but that’s the joy of having dice-checks. Though, I really felt like the dice was trying to assassinate me that day.

I'm traumatized.

Overall: 10/10 would wake up in cold sweat after being hit by 30 PD trees while having curse on me.

Any other comments: You woke up and chose violence that day. I got a really nice perm though, ty :>

(P.S. Late review, I had a bunch of things that made me busy :pray: )
help

Key/Character: Ahriman
Which Event: https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/...?tid=12813

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very fast and quick to respond, also allowed us to know if there was going to be any hold up in LOOC.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Heh. The power of knockbacks. The balance was good, nothing excessive and the fights were enjoyable. Luckily we did pretty good too with not getting into too many BO5s.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was enjoyable, and suitably tailored to the characters that were on the event. Got exactly what we asked for.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Tsk. That gem looked so cool.. But yeah. Punishment and reward ratio was well done, nothing to complain about.

Any other comments: You tried, but the power of shadow walk is too strong heh. (Sorry this is late.)
Topic Options