Lloyd DuragesTo answer his creed.
[Image: SlBWcwu.png]
Through winged envoy, does a message arrive in the forestry of Myllenoris. The message is for one particular man, now sitting on a mass of riches and preparing to set sail to continue glorious conquest. But a final tether that he may have wanted to do away with before he sets sail for further venture off the islands of Esshar.
"Sythaeryn Vartuul. You've taken many things from me. You've killed my masters. You've murdered my friends. You've murdered people I have considered family. You've hurt people close to me. For what reason? Honor and glory? Perhaps you wish to wipe out my race? Whatever the case may be, there are still men like me living. My honor as a knight tempers my steel, and I will not let you get away with the atrocities you've done standing by idly. Sythaeryn Vartuul,
I challenge you to a duel to the death.
I don't believe your pride will allow you to refuse this. Should you accept, you are free to reply to me. Choose a date, and a location."
- Lloyd Durages, Lightbringer.
[Image: qXLaRKt.png]

"It is the same reason you fight. The force that willed your King's blade through the skull of the White Witch against all odds and captured his spirit in a timeless moment. For the Glory of Garljing does not discriminate; it rewards the bold and those unwavering in their ideals, and there are few living today worthy of it. Your Stellus, Pericles, was one such man. Your Lightbringer, too, until the very end. They had something about them that the soft-bellied, so called Dragonlords of Theria lack, that the puppet-priest Romani is surely absent of..."

"The scent of greatness.  It makes the dragon in me hungry."

"What do you smell of, Lightbringer? A demigod, or are you just another human...?"

"Meet me at the bridge to your ruined capital on the turn of the month, noon. There you'll either become a hero to your people or reunite with your companions."

- Sythaeryn Vartuul

(Sometime Tuesday past 6PM EST)
(OOC: Rescheduled for sometime tomorrow, since Lloyd's player went for that BIG NAP. Angel Also, IC location changed to The Bridge.)

EDIT: Nevermind he's good.
[Image: JANcReD.png]

To Answer His Creed
(Click the title for the full logs)

The two parties meet at The Osronan Bridge, where Lloyd makes it clear that this is to avenge St. Pericles Vitalis, whom Sythaeryn killed in battle. The drakanite acknowledged his claim and said he chose this spot specifically because it was where he fought the Champion the first time as a boy, one of many life and death fights to come in an intense, bitter rivalry of warriors. Both Lightbringer and the Progeny of Vartuul engage in a fierce duel but the latter clearly overpowers and bests him, ending it with his sword to the man's throat- And he asks him for his final words for all the warriors of Vanaheim to hear, but also tells the knight that it's not too late to make a request for mercy.

Lloyd refuses, and leaves it up to fate, telling the dragonborn that he hopes the spineless wretches get what's coming to them in the aftermath of it all. Admiring the courage of the Lightbringer, Sythaeryn grants him life and an offer that he may come for him two more times, but he will die if he fails in the third attempt. 

Both leave alive. Perhaps the more bloodthirsty among the crowd are disappointed, though the friends and family of Lloyd less so.
Topic Options