Heimdalic_DreamsPolys' First Heretical Sermon
[Image: Forum4.jpg]

Quote:
As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow over the emerald-sea landscape, the King of Mor D'hora rests against a gnarled tree, massive frame leaning against its trunk in spite of its complaining creaks. The cliffside loomed before him, a precipice that seemed to plunge into the very depths of the underworld, and with more than enough bodies around him to fill that gap. The air was heavy with the scent of blooming flowers and the distant tang of saltwater.

With just the subtle hint of vehemency, bubbling near the surface. 

Polyphemus, the Titan of Babel, gazed out at the gathering crowd, his one eye burning with an intensive green manafire. It did not matter their original goals, each of which had brought them before himself - for they had come to hear his thoughts, to bear witness to his ire against the gods regardless of original intention - Such were the whims of fate, as the Chronicler had asked him after the Sins of the Gods. He took a deep breath, the truly massive, over thirty foot tall Cyclops' chest expanding as the heat of his fury rose, and began to speak.
"Why do the gods toy with us, mortal and primordial, human and semi-divine alike? Why do they manipulate and deceive, cruelly indulging in the whims of their fancy? I, Polyphemus, have suffered at their hand before, blinded by the trickery of those whom I can not ever trust, my home ravaged by the wars of men."
"Men who fought on behalf of their beloved masters."
His voice grew louder, the words pouring out like a pent-up torrent.

"The gods are capricious, uncaring of the consequences of their actions. They delight in our suffering, in the drama and chaos they sow for the smile upon their waxen faces! But I will not be silenced - I will not be tamed."

"I Will Be  H E A R D."
Polyphemus's words were like a thunderclap, shaking the very foundations of the world he sat upon. As he finished speaking the beginnings of his speak, the atmosphere was burdened, heavy with tension as the air thickens with the weight of his defiance. The Titan of Babel had spoken.

Surely, the Gods would hear him.

[Image: Forum5.jpg]

Discord: Heimdalic Dreams
Topic Options