[Image: wp6643419.jpg]

"Violence is scary."
"You're almost old enough to hunt alone! Get used to it!"

"A-And what's so fun about... hurting others?"

" That's easy! I'll teach ya."

"But..."

"I don't wanna hurt them."
"Listen, Elvyn. Do you wanna be a victim?"
"You know who else was a victim? Elvyn was. Don't be like old Elvyn! You get a chance to restart in life!"

"Oof..."
"...why weren't you the one to fight that demon?"

"U-Uh..."
"I was too scared to..."

"Hmmm? But what's the point of liking swords if you don't use them?"

"I -do- use them... for protection!"

"...I didn't wanna do this... but you forced me to. I guess-- that it's too much for me to ask you bad guys to just stop being evil, isn't it?"

Everyday, it feels like I'm being pushed more and more to take action. Pushed more and more to be 'brave' but I'm just not! I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not! It's hard... I don't want to disappoint mom. I don't want to let my friends down but I'm a Prince, I should be able to do it, shouldn't I?

"Ooh-- Eddy, I beat up a skeleton thingy earlier!"
"Eh..? A skeleton?"
"You mean - a corpse? Undead?"
"Yeah uh... it tried to attack me but then I was all like bow, bow, pow!"
"Bow, bow, pow..."
"- I'm proud, in any case! Were you scared?"
"Yes!"
"I was very scared, but..."
"But...?"
"I told myself I had to be brave and strong!"
"And you accomplished what you thought was impossible!"
[Image: c32eafbbf5295148ad8eee5c81b9f020.gif]

hal·low
[ˈhalō]
VERB
hallowing (present participle)
honor as holy:
"the Ganges is hallowed as a sacred, cleansing river"
make holy; consecrate:

"the priest hallowed the wine" · "a theater is a sort of church, hallowing the land on which it sits by its very presence"

Quote:"However be it in descent to what is wicked, or ascent to what is hallowed, the mortal mind, the mortal heart can have varying success in adapting to this emotional essence rooted in something beyond its original design.

Even the benevolent focus of the holy, though far less common than the occult, can be blinding. Even to less catastrophic effect, the moment one achieves the golden hue of holy magic... they are changed. Forevermore."

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined just how right you were, Camino. This journey that I've been on for the past few years has transformed me in ways I ever thought possible. It has forever changed the person I once was. Gone is the mere pretense of bravery; instead, I've embraced action and genuine courage. No longer do I wait until it's too late to act. I've learned to act promptly and logically, knowing that hesitation could cost dearly. The days of fleeing from danger are behind me; now I stand firm knowing I can make a difference even if it means risking my own life.

I've stood side by side with my allies, facing unimaginable challenges like confronting the formidable Gluttony.

I've fought with the lives of others on the line, knowing that even a single moment of hesitation could cost dearly.

I've even faced off against a Kaor demon... those incredibly powerful beings. Though I'm not quite strong enough to defeat one yet, I'll keep pushing and training until I can.

Storming Sheol alongside my loyal friends to rescue someone dear to us was an experience I will never forget.

As I sit here, putting pen to paper and reminiscing about all the incredible events of the past few years, it's almost surreal to imagine that I was ever capable of such a thing. 

There was a time when I was plagued with doubt, fearing I might lose myself in the midst of all the trials. I worried that the person I was becoming wasn't who I wanted to be. Thankfully, I am blessed with true friends who offered wise counsel and unwavering support. Now I can confidently say that things will be okay, and I know exactly what path I want to tread.

This journey has been a revelation, reshaping me from the inside out and I'm appreciative of each moment of it. It's taught me the true essence of bravery, the strength of camaraderie, and the power of determination. As I venture forth, I carry the lessons and memories of these transformative years, knowing that together with my friends and allies, we can overcome anything that comes our way.
[Image: R.f97cfe63675d5ef35d5619d277e05fa5?rik=x...ImgRaw&r=0]

It's harder to put pen to paper these days. Maybe I should find a new muse?

Six years, each passing like tempestuous waves crashing against a resolute cliff. The relentless march of time has brought with it a succession of trials, each more turbulent and demanding than its predecessor. Yet, amid this ceaseless turmoil, a singular truth remains: the looming specter of war continues to cast its shadow, persistent and unyielding. It's as if destiny itself is eternally entwined with conflict, an unbreakable bond that defies even the most fervent aspirations for peace.

The yearning to halt the inexorable march of warfare courses through my veins, a desire to see the fractured tapestry of Meranthe woven into a unified whole. The dream of a united land beckons, yet its realization appears as elusive as a mirage dancing on the horizon. The very heart of the Silent Expanse bears fractures of its own, plagued by internal strife. And beyond its borders, alliances once solid are now brittle, fragile as spun glass, threatening to shatter into the chaos they were meant to prevent.

In the midst of this intricate web of dissent, I stand as a mediator, an advocate for reason amid the cacophony of discord. Yet, the question looms like an ominous cloud: can diplomacy truly penetrate the armor of obstinacy that encases the hearts of those embroiled in conflict? Can the whispers of reason hope to be heard over the roaring tempest of stubbornness?

Irony dances with life's whims, for I recall the genesis of this journey. It was born of my self-admission as a coward, a soul who once quivered at the thought of danger and violence. Yet, the currents of time have swept me along a river of transformation. Nowadays, I find myself greeted with the label of "hero" by those who bear witness to my endeavors. The word rings strange in my ears, a melody I can't quite comprehend, for I remain the same Elvyn, guided by unchanging motives. The intention to shield others, to safeguard that which is dear to me, remains unwavering, as steadfast as the North Star.

This narrative that I've woven now comes to an end, its pages closing on a chapter of evolution and discovery. No longer do I stand as the faint-hearted child I once perceived myself to be. The years have sculpted me into a guardian, a sentinel of hope and resilience. As I lay down my quill, I embrace the future, resolute in the pursuit of my convictions, and determined to carve a legacy that testifies not just to the evolution of a single soul, but to the enduring power of determination and the steadfast resolve to stand as a bulwark against the tides of adversity.
fin

I should probably find a better title for chapter two.
Topic Options