VolatileArmed skills and stuff.
Typing on my phone so bare with me.
Yo 100 cuts needs a buff its garbage tier even if you successfully use a stun into it. Make it stun someone as long as they are taking damage from it. Like youre recieving a rapid succession of quick cuts. The rapid sensations would stun someone or at least slow them down.
Sweeping cleave feels like a weaker and less effective power smash. Maybe make it add a bleed as its cleaving? And/or make it like the famous spin attack seen in games such as the Zelda series. Why is there no melee spin attack?
Remove double strike and instead bring back impale. Impale helped so much against kiters in the past.

Make Galeforce also move the user with the projectile akin to flameslide. Effectively a tackle and drag attack maybe.
My discord is Vi#6600
how come u aint talk about powersmash, aka trashsmash, u gotta be right next to people to hit them for like 3k, i'd rather just ookami claw them
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
(01-25-2020, 01:06 PM)Volatile Wrote: Make Galeforce also move the user with the projectile akin to flameslide. Effectively a tackle and drag attack maybe.

Do you mean... Lariat..?
Cleave is better than Powersmash. It does what, twice the damage? Don't quote me on that, the actual spell damage doesn't say that-- but I mean, I feel like I crit cleaves more often than I crit p-smashes.

Powersmash is more reliable-- as in if you're in range it will hit, it's a 1(2 or 3 with step) range autohit. Cleave misses because... Well, wonky code, I guess and it's a skillshot, and has a lower CD. And cleave can cause bleed if you're using ifrit I think.

Flurry slash is abysmal and for what reason? I don't know.

Galeforce is a disengage/combo break tool, doesn't need to be a lariat. Trust me.

Phantom Strikes is amazing and needs to be toned down in favor of adding power to the smash or flurry strikes or something, but God knows how they'll handle this in the future.
100 cuts was nerfed to the ground after a lot of nerds in early spires like Paladin did fun stuff like marble grasp into hundred cuts for the pro gamer move. Who here remembers decisive strike and how it was an ultra slow as a side note, that was a funny spell.
phantom needs to stop being touched lol cus it caught two nerfs and is a lot better balance wise now. akin to assault. you didn't even mention how it could be changed this time, how can we take that seriously?

flurry slash does need a buff, even with iron grasp, you still get only 2-3k dmg in for a 15 rpp intermediate spell. maybe it should slow and do an initial of 8 and a series of 1 ticks after the longer they stay in.

buff powersmash just a tad 1-2 sdam

cleaves tradeoff of a much higher chance to miss because of a moving hitbox is a good risk/reward, leave it

Volatile; Remove Double slash? No.
Quote:Yo 100 cuts needs a buff its garbage tier even if you successfully use a stun into it. Make it stun someone as long as they are taking damage from it. Like youre recieving a rapid succession of quick cuts. The rapid sensations would stun someone or at least slow them down.

That much is true. Even in spires when MG was a thing, the damage was easily neglible if you blocked. Make it a multi tick stun however? Thats no bueno for me chief.
Just give it a heavy Initial hit, and lingering damage.

Quote:Sweeping cleave feels like a weaker and less effective power smash. Maybe make it add a bleed as its cleaving? And/or make it like the famous spin attack seen in games such as the Zelda series. Why is there no melee spin attack?
Cleave is a high-risk High reward slash that deals high damage and slows. And in my opinion, I think Powersmash should be buffed more than cleave anyways..

Quote:Remove double strike and instead bring back impale. Impale helped so much against kiters in the past.

Impale was also fucking nuts. And removing Double strike for it is just borderline unfair IMO.

Quote:Make Galeforce also move the user with the projectile akin to flameslide. Effectively a tackle and drag attack maybe.

Galeforce is one of the most Fairest stuns in the game. Its a stun that requires you to think on your feet, and reward yourself with damage if done correctly. Its fine where it is, and should also remain that way.
(01-25-2020, 08:41 PM)Hated Wrote: phantom needs to stop being touched lol cus it caught two nerfs and is a lot better balance wise now. akin to assault. you didn't even mention how it could be changed this time, how can we take that seriously?

I feel like it needs to be touched. And I did mention how it could be changed.
I said the power can be taken out of it and put into another Armed spell. So people don't grab the one autohit spell and say "That's enough use of the armed tree :)"

Rather than just asking for flat out buffs to a bunch of armed spells that non-melee players fear (despite difficulties in execution).
Leave melee alone. Yall do too much! Focus on the real problem. Roots and Stuns in all the earth trees!
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
I think powersmash could use a buff too, yeah. But I think sweeping cleave being like lightnign burst with less range, hitting aroudn the user is a good change. Ever since sweeping cleave has existed, I have hit it maybe twice, even when firing it point blank. With someone stunned. It just sometimes doesn't hit. Why is this a thing? How does it not even show an ydamage tick IN THEIR FACE. Maybe it needs to be changed to be a 3x3 projectile that only moves 2-3(or however far away it is) damage.

EDIT: We need a Spin attack anyway. I need to make a macro so that every time it's casted I can shout HYAAAH!

So in short.
Buff Power Smash's Damage.
Make Sweeping Cleave a burst AOE akin to Lightning Burst or shockwave.
Make 100 cuts do more damage or have some sort of bonus effect, a stun while you're hit by it or at least a slow whie you're hit by it.
Bring back Impale.
My discord is Vi#6600
Topic Options