PastaTMLetters Home: Arel von Nereus
[Image: ArelIlse.png]
Upon a small little Isle within the ocean, Arel finds himself a little spot away.

To write back home.

[Image: To_home.png]
"From land to the sea. Your love will always find its way to me."
-Kelera von Nereus

[Image: Dear_Mom.png]
How fares home? How does Aen feel about this holy mission that we have been set upon? There's so much to say... so much to do. Where do I even begin with this letter? How do I word this in ink where words fail me from even speaking out what my heart wants to say? It seems unfair, it seems foolish to even be writing home after only a few years that I have been apart.

I've made a few friends, even if most of them are odd even by our standards. They're all endearing, not one of them is the same. Such amazing personalities... You'd have a field day with your studies here truly... I often wonder if I went the route you did as an inventor. To build and create such things for the Aen people. You always did tell me the blood of creation flows through us.

You'd like Issac, he reminds me of you. Always his nose is stuck in some kind of project, tinkering away until either something explodes, or something works. I don't understand half of the things he does but I try my best to let him know I'm there to encourage him!

There's Felix as well, he's learning. He needs to trust in himself more, really it's a shame - there's so much he can do but he himself cannot seem to wrap his head around that. I'll knock some sense into him. He's growing stronger but he needs to climb out of his head, one day he will be truly great.

Then we have Malakim... our tirelessly working crafter... I worry about him. He pushes himself to the brink and he seems to not understand that we are here to support him! He means so well, but he seems to not trust anyone but us. Even I grow wary of the natives of these strange lands. But - I think it's time he can buy his own seeds.

A knucklehead, a brute force is Royce. He's a funny guy and likes to call himself stupid but he's anything but. The sheer amount of care for everyone that he has is unmatched. Anyone who befriends him has one for life. Through thick and thin.

Ashley, they were one of my very first friends. They're a scolding friend, angry when I always get into fights, even making fun of me. I can't blame them I'd do the same thing... but they care, they care about everyone within our band the crew. This oddity that we share. It's like a small family though no one is out of place. There are roles to play.

I'm still finding mine.

Of course, you all recall Ludomir we ended up on the same mission. He just got here first! Always does he give his warm regards home. We've been training together too. Amazing how far I've come because of him, I wish you could see me now. I wish you could see us, I'll show you all that I've learned from him when I return home.

Then we have Isolde. One of the more curious cases I've seen on our crew... she's not easy to get to know and I respect that. I don't know much about her but I can tell you with full confidence that I would fight at her side. She cares in her own strange way, she's gifted, with strength and a burden upon her soul. I do not envy her. But I do care. I will say she has some of the most amazing eyes you'll ever see, I wonder what it'd be like if I had eyes like hers.

Tyvanny, is one of the truest cases of what it means to be Aen. To push through it all despite the hardships given. I have never seen someone of her kind. Cruel can people be, I wonder if this is what causes her to fight even harder. Even if we haven't interacted too much, what little we have, and what lessons she's given me I am glad to call her a friend. One I know I can learn more from even now.

Eirheim! The one who kicks my ass with a sword. He's also one of the people I'm closer to. Whenever we spar or go on an adventure it's always something new, I'm thankful for that. I do hope one day he'll be a little less brunt in his fighting, Swords are still stupid to me, even now... he makes me hate them even more! In a good way.

I forgot to tell you, even some of the Duke's children are here... such as Galahad. He is someone who is gonna push himself to the brink and then beyond, It's concerning, he might not see it. I do. I see the weight, the sheer crushing grip that his soul has because of what he's done for us all. To be a light of hope, but I fear he's forgotten to take breaks - to take care of his own well-being. So much to say that as long as we remain he will be fine.

Melio also seems to push himself to the very limit. Brave as he is hard-headed, I don't know him too well. From what I do know he seems to be a reasonable person, someone who has pushed his very soul into what he thinks is right. I think it's fitting he's seen on the front lines so often. I just hope he makes sure to rest.

I've never seen a crossbow used in such ways, but, Xavier fights with all his heart and soul with that damned thing. Calls me a bad influence just because we got into a few fights while wounded, yet he sticks around me all the same. Clearly, I am doing something right then! Jokes aside he fights hard, a little too harsh on himself. This is a theme I've seen with so many of us here.

Before I end the letter, Altear, another noble. Sadly she's patched me up far too many times than I wish to admit... I'm sure you'll get reports about it in time. She's been kind and she is one of the faithful, ...she desires to become strong... she thinks of herself as weak. She is anything but - She doesn't see what she does to others. To boost them up, to offer a prayer before we go off to hunt. One day she'll see herself as we all do. It just t

This is already a long-winded letter for you - I'm sorry. There are many more I can talk about, I know you were worried about me not making friends but I've made a lot. Really, I have.

Your Son,
-Arel von Nereus

[Image: Dear_Dad.png]
I followed in your footsteps.

As of this letter, I am still a Cadet, but I'm working really hard to get myself out there. There's never a moment I'm not trying to train for a fight. We both know I wasn't the most gifted with magic but I've been fighting with my fists, just like you taught me. I think maybe now I can even beat you in a fight or two. I still have so much to learn.

I serve under Captain Valrie von Marsh, I am just as surprised as you are to even hear the 'von' title within this. More so within the first Captain, I was to serve. I've kept my name hushed for now, not that our name has any true weight or meaning. ...I've learned to trust many. More so that I've come to care for. Emotions of the heart and soul are quite confusing. I don't know how you and mother dealt with it so long ago in an age long past.

Yet I remain to keep myself headstrong. Happy as I go through these trials that are set before me, I wish I could report home that I was a winning victor within my time here, but I do not lie... I have not won many. A shame I know that I will carry until I can understand how to better myself, how to fine-tune what I can be and what I can do. Perhaps it is for the best I do not wear our family name just yet... little could be traced back to us anyways.

I ask for advice, a prayer to be given to me. I do not wish to be seen as weak with my peers who seem so far ahead, I feel as if I'm being swept upon the sea and I'm starting to already drown when I have only just arrived. While I offer my friends the advice that I seek out - I do not follow in their steps. Even now I question if this is the right path for me to take, was it a mistake to become a Cadet? Certainly not, I've been accepted by those around me.

But, they worry.

Wounded, so often am I that they are worried about me getting into more fights. One day they'll see that I'm not just throwing myself out there because I can't take it- I want them to see I'm doing this so can better myself, to live up to what I always wanted to be.

I know you will say it takes time.

I've already become The Survivor the world can't bring me down.

My faith and duty will carry me, such as it carried you.

Your Son,
-Arel von Nereus
Topic Options