InuunaThe price of a man
[Image: 432307ac8fa2ca6bc88f18060333762a.jpg]

the scurry of the main square shuffle in menagerie has grown quite busy and impatient after rumours of a specific wich being held up there...

Quote:
i've heard they have crossed the "oyabun"

Quote:
i've heard they have taken a man's life

Quote:
i've heard they have bartered their very soul

did one amongst the shuffle could catch them exchanging gossip...
this very day a young drakanite has taken stance on the podiums, anouncing an auction of the latest prey they have caught.
A witch!
a swirling mass of people dressed in uniform, in the form of black suits have taken over the streets of the tranquile little junction town. they were all here but one purpose, by orders from the oyabun of the doragón company, to make sure the sinner is surely being made an example of.

Quote:
To the dissapointment of many gathered we are sorry announce that we have found a buyer and the sinner will be left to be dealt with by them, however they have been made an example and paid a gift of repentance!

a woman, said oyabun has told the masses while holding up the witch's severed finger up in the air, the crowd cheered almost as if they lusted the bloody loss of another.

Quote:let this be an example for generations to come, lend us your young un's and we'll make sure they wont stray away from the path of the righteous, honourable and chivalrous! we will be lifting some of our initiational trials for the time being.
do you feel like you could do more to combat the horrid scourges and the sneaky fox the coven is in order to protect this land we've to live and call our own?
hesitate not and enroll in the doragón company today!

the chairwoman's speech was welcomed by a loud mass of cheers, bringing a tense, revolutionary atmosphere onto town square as the sea of followers might have felt like an invasion to some, however all the uniformed men have appeared to be exceptionally polite towards all around except to one person, the witch in question: volkemorde
[Image: noticeboard.png]

After the Oyabun's speech had made its rounds, pin-up notices would begin to appear on boards around Menagerie and Dal’Thala to clear up the misconceptions spread.

Quote:
"Witches deserve death." 
-Eliseo Avarion

“To think otherwise is absolutely foolish. Those who have forsaken their soul regardless of reason or active hostility should be put down the same as rabid animals. As their existence is a danger to all of us, and their words should never be trusted. Otherwise you will simply be used as the fool you are. Witches are not humans, and should not be treated as such even if they once were. If we truly wish to flush out their kind, then not a single one must be spared. Else they’ll be left to fester like weeds in a garden.”

Quote:
"Stop knocking my hustle will you." 
-Beatrice Mooney

“The vendor made a game of killing a witch. A bidding war started from one Drakanite's greed to another - a woman almost no better than the very creature she was offering like livestock to the slaughter. Could one truly celebrate or endorse her cause with an event as evil and exploitative as this one? She intended to take money from the most ‘deserving’. Is that how we should measure worth, weight, and human connections?”

“The entire auction was sick and disgusting from start to finish. I had only offered up money to end their life before they made more of a pain or nuisance of themselves. Before the Witch had a chance to do further harm and evil which they actively planned to do while they were alive. More people would’ve died and suffered had it continued any longer, and that shouldn’t be acceptable. Witches should be killed on sight, and if not, executed where people can observe and verify they’ve passed. This is the only way we can resolve this unaddressed evil lurking all around us.”

Quote:
"Why do you all care what I intend to do with him? You just want to kill him. When I was just a young girl, a Knight of Aphros once told me that Athelios was the god of light and dark. That both sides are one and the same. If that is the case, then there is some good in this witch that is worth attempting to bring out. To have him repent." 
-Opposing Bidder

“The woman upping the bid had no intention of killing the witch in question. They sought for their ‘repentance’ and ‘redemption’ without knowing the first thing about them. I can only wonder why. The woman continuing to throw her wealth around before being disqualified at the last possible second. A battle for true justice seemingly lost before the Vendor announced that they were only going to give the pig to the one willing to butcher it then and there, and we were made to pay a much more exuberant price as a result..”

“The auction closed with the choking and subsequent burning of Hindura’s flesh. His ashes flowing through the streets of Menagerie. An ominous smile stretched across his face and tears in his eyes as his wish for death was ultimately granted. I can’t tell if this was truly a victory for good upon seeing that sight, but I have no regrets. Whatever comes of this, believe in yourself, and the good you can do. Do not let evil win. Do not let excuses make your blade falter. For continuing to do nothing or praise lesser evils as just, will only allow evil to spread.”
[Image: councilchamber.jpg]

From the office of Council Member
Lucien Valmonte

Quote:
"What the fuck are you all doing?"

This was the preceding statement to the allegations of auctions that've gone around, with numerous fliers in the area being torn down en-masse. As an official statement was written and pinned.
Quote:
"This is an official statement in regards to the situation that unfolded regarding the auction committed by the Doragon company. Our stances to witchcraft remains the same, but the way this situation was handled is nauseating to say the least. Succumbing to greed and selling someone's life away isn't condoned and shall never be condoned."

"Due process was openly flouted, without any knowledge of the council and the smell of ash lingers our the streets. This isn't how Menagerie handles witchcraft, certainly not by allowing a rogue company to profit from it."

"We do not condone witchcraft and shall continue to staunchly oppose it, but we do not condone how this was handled.
Those responsible shall be dealt with accordingly.
Following this announcement and subsequent notices posted around the settlement, the opinion of the Triumvirate was made clear.
The actions of those involved weren't condoned.
Materials related to the auction were scrubbed away and further matters including the judgement on witches within Menagerie are to be handled exclusively be the Triumvirate.
Topic Options