StarMannRetiring the tired
I've sat here for a while wondering what to write. What memoirs are worth putting to paper. I considered listing my history, but I'd be writing all night. I considered writing about my accomplishments, but I feel they are equally weighed by my failures. I haven't been a perfect King... A perfect person. But I hope when people look back I am remembered fondly, even by those long since departed.

As for where to next? It remains to be seen. The crown has gotten too heavy for my brow. But, in my last moments with it I rescued my wife from the icy cutches of death, I negotiated peace with one that might be considered inconsolable, and I illuminated the path for my two sons, showing them Gala's light and the steadfastness that has driven me for the latter half of my life.

But, they don't need me to hold their hand anymore, and that goes for the nation too. I've given Dal'Thala... Delphina everything I have. So it's only fair I get to preserve what's left. Wherever I go, it will be quiet, away from the woes of the world. Somewhere I don't have to wake up each morning wondering what's gone wrong this time. I hope Vivri might come with me, but she has never been one for a quiet life.

I've left things in as good a hands as I could muster, besides my own. And it's time for me to step back. After years of watching things crumble around me as, in my own beliefs, people fail to listen to me... It feels right to be able to take my hands of the reins, that there are those I can trust to carry on the groundwork I have tried to establish. If everything falls down? Well I'll have done my best to build a foundation.

For better or worse, my part in this is over. And it's up to everyone I've taught, everyone I've raised and everyone I have cared for to carry on for me.

-Lionel Avarion, Former King, Former Lord, Former Spoken of House Caewynn
Topic Options