DreamspeakerLightspeed
So generally I don't particularly enjoy hitting up the forms anymore (Especially for balance changes), but I want to place my two cents into such a conversation. I do indeed think that a change is needed for such a spell. I do take into account that it is the only intermediate present in such a small skill tree, as well as such that people use it for anything other than 40% whip combos. However, like many others have said before you're only counterplay is to dodge with the initial burst (Either through preparation and tracking CD timing) to correctly predict it.

Personally, hot take I don't mind the fact that the spell itself enables such bonkers combos. It's personally fun and keeps you on your toes when it comes to dealing with high-octane burst builds, as one of the main weaknesses to them is that many of such builds are rigid in design. Sometimes making them predictable magic builds once your opponent is aware of what each spell is capable of. I enjoy the aspect of discovering my opponent's tells and seeing how they react to my response, and them doing so in tandem.

However, lightspeed removes such enjoyment. There is little room for counter-play at the highest skill gap and practically none for the lower skill gap players as well. I want to be able to have such a response to such adversity. And I would understand being punished for a lack of an appropriate response. I do agree with the 2-second charge. Whilst it does make it completely obvious, you skip any potential damage that you would have had if you had used similar gap closers and you keep your burst potential.

And, now for the primary "Whips!" argument. The problem with the "It's just Whips!" argument is that there are not just whips that procure a similar result, with roots and many other stuns remaining within the game regardless. Many Signatures/late-game damage spells have now become obligatory LS  hit-confirms given to you if you did your due diligence with your opponent (Dash baiting, Invuln baiting, the whole nine yards). The game is always evolving and rather than having to deal with (Insert spell here) comboing into lightspeed, I would rather just have a modicum of potential counter-play as opposed to nerfing everything it can combo off of.
While people keep saying "add a charge into it", I should emphasis that it'll need an actual charge animation that'll be clearly visible

One major point of strife to me in most charge spells, is that their charge animations are barely visible to non-existent. Worse, they can also be hidden by someone's aura (with nephilim's charge animations even go underneath one's aura.)

If the plan will be to add a charge to it? Please, make it clearly visible. Same for other charge moves too, honestly.
Make whips and Pyroclasm require Mastery tokens. Give them an opportunity cost.
If you give lightspeed a charge animation it will be a dead spell period.

That would make it only maybe worth it with stun combos if even.

It teleports at a predictable spot. If there was a chargeup unless youre playing against the worst scale of skill issue youd eat a stun or a beam to your face every time.
(10-13-2022, 02:06 PM)Detective100 Wrote: While people keep saying "add a charge into it", I should emphasis that it'll need an actual charge animation that'll be clearly visible

One major point of strife to me in most charge spells, is that their charge animations are barely visible to non-existent. Worse, they can also be hidden by someone's aura (with nephilim's charge animations even go underneath one's aura.)

If the plan will be to add a charge to it? Please, make it clearly visible. Same for other charge moves too, honestly.

Unrelated but

[Image: 6wszt6.jpg]

why are they invisible
[Image: WxEbmmA.png]
(10-13-2022, 07:30 PM)Jess Wrote:
(10-13-2022, 02:06 PM)Detective100 Wrote: While people keep saying "add a charge into it", I should emphasis that it'll need an actual charge animation that'll be clearly visible

Unrelated but

[Image: 6wszt6.jpg]

why are they invisible

They aren't! But, not only they are small so it can be hard to spot, but auras overlay above them instead of the other way around.
Nerf Nephilim
ur.com/vcmm6[Image: SwES7N6.gif]
(10-13-2022, 07:54 PM)VibeEntertainment Wrote: Nerf Nephilim

[Image: images_47.jpeg]
[Image: 8447537e60826129953a2c945c27680d.png]
Topic Options
Thread Closed