HarmHarmonyc Events
[Image: Thread_Post.png?width=1440&height=377]

Do you want to contact me? Harmonyc#9397.
Event Preferences? Anything, but I love narrating colossal enemies and fight gimmicks.

Other Notes?
- I am European, Portugal, GMT timezone.
- I have zero experience with Eternia DMing, but I have some friends willing to help me out at the start.
- I enjoy having fun.

Hello, hello.
I am new to this whole thing and it might take a while to get the hang of it.
My intentions? Learning how to DM in Eternia since I really like the combat and the storytelling aspects it offers.
So I want to produce stories and make you all have a fun time as much as I can with some interesting fights and fun narratives.

In the end? I will be happy if I can further improve your character's story, to end or start a new arc.

Hit me up, currently open!
Closed, for now.   Dodgy
[Image: doodlee.png]
Character: Yvain
Which Event: Honest Wages, Dues Owed

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Perfectly on pace and reasonable. Zero complaints here!

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): I feel like my opinion on balance should be taken with a grain of salt given I still consider myself a very new player to Eternia doing my first event and most difficulty with the fights, from my perspective, were from my own user error combined with the general pain of playing armed against ECs (auras go BRRRR). All that said, I still had a great time with all three fights. Each felt thematically different (melee guy clapping my shit astronomically hard has traumatized me). While another person said they weren't so fond of a vast majority of the area floor getting covered, I found the repeating patterns of certain moves VERY reminiscent of MMO raids, which I found very fun to recognize and pre-plan my positioning for.

As for obstacles and traps, there were some, and they were well written and interesting to approach. Generally easily overcame by one incredibly creative party member, but I think this is more praise on them being a genius GOAT creative problem solver than any wrongdoing on your part as a DM; they were simply a utility GOD.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): As adventure-y as it can get! Felt straight out of a DND module. I actually would not be surprised to see close to this exact adventurer already existing as one. Everyone who particularly wanted to engage with the theme (peasants, nobility, gold, etc.) from their own characters perspective got to do so. The finale in particular was a tense enough fight with a tense enough atmosphere that I found myself very engaged.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I'd say things were mostly fair for the most part! A few rough combos dropped health bars pretty quick, but again, I feel I'm too new to give a good take on the monetary/item value that would make a perm/long temp worthwhile. All that said, I'm personally pleased with the results and rewards presented versus the risk/injuries. Everyone got something useful to their character in some manner or another, especially considering one player was a substitute.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: Was a very fun event, DM was patient and very adaptable to some unforeseen last minute changes. Everything went off without a hitch.
Character: Ertyas al'Lothin

Which Event: Honest Wages, Dues Owed

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time frame and were they quick to respond?): I have no issues. They were as quick as one could be with really well-written out replies to make the scene come to life.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): From killing a giant snake to chopping the head off of the Guardmaster. I might be a little biased in how I found the battles to be fun. The only real thing I could request is that on certain bosses, LESS AOE'S sweet mother of mercy the Duke fight was fun and all, I loved it. Yet the AOE's covered pretty much the entire box at some points with us stuck in corners. That's the only real gripe I got? Other than that it was as fun as could be. I learned a lot and enjoyed the fights.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I thought it was a wonderful adventure. I had a grand time learning about the area. How the corruption was all the way to the top other than just at the lowest level. It was fun!

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk-to-reward ratio good?): Seeing how I took a perm willingly (my first perm ever yaaay) I think they were just fine. I rolled low on the first boss and got sick as hell, then on the last boss, I rolled a one. I got some sick runes on my character's neck and overall enjoyed the challenge of how to overcome a willing buff in the future.

Any other comments: I hope to go back sometime with another event! Keep me in mind if you do that!
Character: Harkon
Which Event: Aenal's (RIP) Bizarre Adventure

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Their narrates didn't take long, soon as I posted a minute later they posted the narrate.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 9/10. Both the battles was interesting due to the choice of magic they used, I wasn't hindered at any point in both fights. The obstacles/traps was cool as well.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 8/10. Definitely liked the storytelling, met my expectations of a adventure event.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Considering I was the one to get downed majority of the time, yes the punishment was justified for me personally. Reward was good as well, no complaints.

Overall: 10/10.
Character: K'thul

Which Event: Aenal's Bizarre Adventure

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time frame and were they quick to respond?): All narrations were posted without too much wait and they were quick to respond.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Both bosses were fun to fight with. Each had their own patterns that were engaging to play against and they've felt like they had the right amount of challenge. (we dont talk about beginning of round 2 of the 2nd boss, that one poor soul)

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The setting and journey felt mysterious, dropped into an unknown environment that was fun to explore.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk-to-reward ratio good?): Injuries were gained fairly, whether by getting them from an EC or by the traps. Rewards were satisfying for the risks taken.

Any other comments: would have Harmony DM again
Topic Options