Oyster.Oyster Dm
I guess I should make a new one...

I run events that I think sound interesting. They can be casual 2 hour forest frolicks or long meatgrinders. I have a bit of a reputation for the latter, with excessive violence and excessive op loot being my specialty. If you want an event from me you should DM me a cool animal fact or something with your request. mim#7772

Reviews go below.
Key/Character: Marjorie
Which Event: Valmasia Expedition (part 1?)

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 - Very quick. Except for one portion where I think the responses caught them off guard, they were pretty much prepared to post immediately when we were finished.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 6/10 - I understand that expeditions / events for big parties can be difficult to balance, but I will say that for an event with your sort of injury chart / death rate, it feels a bit icky to down to an EC because they spammed cosmic dash on you so many times that you downed without being able to respond, or had 20 RoMs spawned on them, etc etc. I suggest sticking to gimmicks that are still powerful but can be worked against (very big moves with high pow but firing them in a pattern / not spamming homings), AoE spam (which you did! and was more pleasant to deal with, imo), or some other stuff, really. This was likely the weakest part of the event but I understand why it was like that, too, if that's any consolation.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 8/10 I liked it. I never played E1 so I had to ask a lot of questions over discord to hear random stories about terrible items that should never be brought back or weird things that actually happened on the same universe as Esshar's, so that was nice. Also a cute call back at the end to spires..!!!!

Vriska needed to be represented in the item section too though, so... Shame on you. 
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 8/10

Overall: 8/10. I would've given this a 9/10, but I am white knighting for Vriska.

Any other comments: Looking forward to part 2..!!!
[Image: trio.png]
Character:  Katrana
Which Event: The Living Library

Responsiveness: 9/10. Responses were often quick and they were clearly tailored to what the party was saying. Only issue I had was there was usually no indicator for when a narration was being written.

Balance:  7/10. The fights were fine though there were moments where multiple AoEs kept overlapping and sapped health away a little too fast. There was also a puzzle section which was a little too restrictive in my opinion, only allowing two posts for each character when half the party has no inclination to be able to solve them was a bit rough, especially when there's the threat of injury if you got it wrong.

Storytelling: 10/10. Great story, exactly what I wanted out of this though I didn't get to choose my own surname that I was there to discover.

Fairness:
10/10. Fairness and balance should probably be one metric but if we're going to separate them then the fairness was great. Injuries weren't oppressive 
and the rewards at the end more than made up for anything.

Overall: 9/10. A couple of hiccups here and there but it went great. However I do feel like I need to add that Mim fell asleep instead of running this the first time I wanted to do it. So the actual score is 0/10.

Rob

[Image: nudd67u.png]
[Image: Ou20Kwc.png]
I am available for the next 2-3 weeks. Get in fast. My strengths are admin bias and crazy lore approvals such as Valmasian expeditions.
My weakness? Sleeping through events.
While I enjoy over the top insane events where I can drop SS weapons and threaten to eviscerate the party, I am also happy with smaller simpler events.
https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/s...?tid=11140

Event running?
Topic Options