SimpleSuccession Council
[Image: 287b836f985f8c024639ddf744d91aa9.jpg]
1883 A.C.

With the Queen having reigned the Shimmering City for twenty years now, the city's higher echelon of nobility has erupted into chaos and rumor alike following her latest announcement. Jockeying for power and position alike, the Great Houses and their respective representatives are being summoned to the castle itself to discuss the topic of royal succession.

While Eisele is not intending to stand down immediately, she is rapidly making preparations to do so once her children come of age properly. A pre-emptive move to name a Crown Prince or Princess, who will assume the throne upon her resignation.

As of now the time is TBD, but likely will occur in the next year or two, invitations having been dispatched to her children and the Great Houses of Osrona both.
Letters are dispatched throughout the Greater Houses of Osrona. Queen Eisele has decreed that the council will meet following the graduation held at Starfall Academy. Those willing to state their case are urged to begin preparing such.

Those who don't bear noble title are not invited, and a noble's retinue may come only to bear witness, but not to impede proceedings.

(Probably a day or two after the graduation, post will be updated a third time to reflect. Clarifying here for those who have been asking.)
After much discussion amongst the nobility to figure out an ideal time, the council has been tentatively postponed and rescheduled to Monday, December 20th, to take place at 5 P.M. EST.

In light of this change, a schedule has been posted outside of the castle to inform the populace of court proceedings. The Queen will be available on the following dates at the following times leading up to the Succession Council itself. For matters pertaining to state, or anything that might require her attention.

Friday: 7 P.M. EST
Saturday: 6 P.M. EST
Sunday: 6 P.M. EST

Those preparing to present cases are invited to speak with her, as are the members of the new generation of Osrona. A missive has been attached in addition.

Quote:As we approach the end of my reign and the light of another, I would like to speak with everyone and anyone within the Shimmering City. All of your perspectives, opinions, and unique differences are important, for together we may face the coming storm.

When Leonaus provided me with the Crown of Mikhail, denoting and legitimizing my line, I knew that there would be hardships and great strife. That greed and sinful ambition would grip the hearts of those who drink from the cup of arrogance and condescension.

Yet I am reminded each day that no matter the era, no matter the generation, our proud people will yet hold firm. That as one we have faced swathes and swarms of demons, monsters, and enemy alike. No serpent will dare to stand against our bulwark.

For we are lions.

I implore any to come and speak with me, as I've always been a student of historical record. From my days as a young girl beneath my father I learned all there was to know about this city and its rich, vibrant history, as well as that of the Astyan Empire.

It would seem that some in this generation have fabricated their own versions, but we can remedy this.

Until the council, stay strong and true.

-Queen Eisele rei Petrakis
Topic Options