Mousesin only moment apps
(10-24-2021, 09:28 AM)Xiga Wrote: Oh hey let me apply for ???? I really hope that??? Will help my character develop and that??? Is something thst fits my character so I can play?? Accordingly!

OH and as per theori thread on how to get these might or might not exist sins or virtues let me also give my character triggers for a sin/ virtue but I shouldn't make the character with an intent of having a sin or virtue which might or might not exist! Wow amazing!

[Image: unknown.png]
Apply for?
(10-24-2021, 09:30 AM)Jackerino Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 09:28 AM)Xiga Wrote: Oh hey let me apply for ???? I really hope that??? Will help my character develop and that??? Is something thst fits my character so I can play?? Accordingly!

OH and as per theori thread on how to get these might or might not exist sins or virtues let me also give my character triggers for a sin/ virtue but I shouldn't make the character with an intent of having a sin or virtue which might or might not exist! Wow amazing!

[Image: unknown.png]
Apply for?

Then how are people supposed to be approved for these abilities? We’re told to explain the impactful/important parts that happen to our character’s  to achieve “said” hidden. To sell our story. Admins don’t read through hours of logs to have a deep understanding of our character’s. If someone aims to get one, then they should be able to request for it. Literally telling the community that it’s there, but give no indication on how to get it. So how are people supposed to get it?
You display it in ur journal.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
(10-24-2021, 10:45 PM)Milly Wrote: You display it in ur journal.

New players will need some guidance on how to properly display it according to the admin's wishes.

And before, the journal system did that.

App for it, and you'll likely get some feedback about how to best go about it after failing the first time.

Now it's just hope you did it right, and that the admins noticed you.
gonna be honest and nonshitposty here friends

i understand transparency for hiddens (and have been trying to answer most questions on it while we get the hidden page as updated as possible) but sins are a finnicky thing. personally, i think sins should not be something you 'dev' for purposefully like any other hidden. its something that grows and festers within you (and characters that strive to become sins as if it were a secret jutsu is meh imo). its not a skill that you get, its a curse that happens to you (icly ofc, because we all know u get clout oocly for it)

the moment it becomes another hidden to dev for is the moment it loses its luster. hence the amount of ppl going 'how do we dev it then if its moment app only?' kinda tells me a lot sadly.
[Image: 6VjQGd5.png]
(10-25-2021, 02:57 PM)ludster Wrote: gonna be honest and nonshitposty here friends

i understand transparency for hiddens (and have been trying to answer most questions on it while we get the hidden page as updated as possible) but sins are a finnicky thing. personally, i think sins should not be something you 'dev' for purposefully like any other hidden. its something that grows and festers within you (and characters that strive to become sins as if it were a secret jutsu is meh imo). its not a skill that you get, its a curse that happens to you (icly ofc, because we all know u get clout oocly for it)

the moment it becomes another hidden to dev for is the moment it loses its luster. hence the amount of ppl going 'how do we dev it then if its moment app only?' kinda tells me a lot sadly.

It is entirely possible for the PLAYER to want something, but the CHARACTER doesn't want it.

When I played Changling the Lost, there were a LOT of things I worked with my DM over, that the character did not want, but as a player, I wanted.

Development doesn't always mean the character is working towards something (Though it often does), it means the player is working towards the character having something.
i meant that more of the fact that sins are something past mythic tier and that i personally think ppl shud not actively make a character with the ooc express purpose to force them into a sin (which often comes off as uninspired).

again i believe sins are not like any normal hidden, its something far above it as that character does not only become a paragon of that specific sin, but its also a hallmark of worldy impact. personally i think they decided to keep it to moment apps for the express purpose of keeping people from actually 'apping' for sins. when half the server wants a sin then we get the worst half of spires into play again, hence why i believe it shudnt be something ppl actively make as their prime goal on a character.

if this were any other hidden, then pop off i agree, work with a dm to tell ur story (which i feel is a little weird considering this is an inter-character rp game, but thats just me). but i personally think this specific course of action for something like a sin is often seen as 'forcing ur way to it' rather than letting the world around u bring u to it.

(in all honesty, sins shud have never come back, lmao)

EDIT: tl;dr sins shudnt be normally devved like a hidden and shudnt be something people actively strive for as a character by influencing who they interact with, stuff with dms, etc.
[Image: 6VjQGd5.png]
My opinion for controversial apps like 'Sins' is usually that the world is better without them.
BUT when those are handle in minuscule amounts, only to those that the admins seem fit without them
working for it (modifying their char certain way forcefully just to go 'tehee i'm angry' ) it can result in interesting antagonist
characters.

I believe personally it should be make really exclusive and only be given to those that represent the peak of it. Right now it
seems to be going in a good way at least for what I've seen from outside. Agreeing with Mouse here that it would be extremely
disappointing to see a dozen sins walking around. Sin being given in Moments apps would only cause the same issues that well giving normal
hiddens..

Perhaps only consider for Sins to people that have been nominated Monthly or something.
Topic Options