TheoriReconstituting the Kingdom I
[Image: 58DX6sW.jpg]
When the Empire of Esshar collapsed following the Sack of Osrona, few cities remained loyal, and following the dissolution of the Monarchy even those turned away. Mora is one of the latter, a city that still remembers the glory of a thousand year Petrakis rule. While they are open to returning to the Kingdom, goodwill must first be bought...

A mandate is given to the Diplomatic expedition under Prince Aris rin Petrakis by Lord Joren Moralis, Governor of the city of Mora; the city's crypt of heroes - blessed to contain even the remains of a Petrakis Prince - has long been overrun by the undead, kept animate by a font of corruption, an unfortunate consequence of the Pandemonium Chase. Clear it, and the city will be one step closer to rejoining the Kingdom.

Attendees: 
Aris rin Petrakis, Amaranth ven Astor, Adrian ven Grimmore, possibly one other.
Risk: Preferably around CoI for this one, though the level of I risk is up to the DM!
Rewards: Some sort of Petrakis heirloom would be good, even if damaged!
Tone: Tense, Spooky, Adventure!
DM: Rob!
"We have a Lich to worry about, but there's no sign of him. The bandits that are harassing Mora's supply lines and preventing our aid getting to them, however, are something we can handle alright. The Captain of the Mora chapter of the First Light is a Royalist, and he mentioned that the bandits were discovered ransacking the old Spring Palace. Who knows what they stole? In any case, its up to us to clear them out; maybe then the Governor will start to really come around."
 - Aris rin Petrakis to his companions.
Attendees: Aris rin Petrakis, Amaranth ven Astor, Adrian ven Grimmore, Myrine and Artemis lux Preux
Risk: Higher CoI than the first one.
Rewards: Keep the Petrakis heirlooms coming. With the Spring Palace being looted, its reasonable that Grimmore and Astor artifacts were stolen as well.
Tone: Tactical, Stealthy, Heroic
DM: Rob!
"Mora's coming back. The documents were accepted by the Governor a week ago, and the signing was due to be tomorrow. Unfortunately, the man's gone missing. It'll go ahead regardless, but it'll be a very awkward starting point if the governor turns up dead. So...we should probably follow that taunting message and go rescue him."
-Aris to his companions.
Attendees: Aris rin Petrakis, Amaranth ven Astor, Adrian ven Grimmore, Myrine and Artemis lux Preux. If Adrian can't make it, sub in Sigismund cos Gardios.
Risk: CoD
Rewards: One last Petrakis heirloom, otherwise surprise us. Mora returning the the Kingdom of Esshar.
Tone: Heroic
DM: Rob!
Quote:A small podium is erected and the documents are brought forth.

The governor gestures to Aris to speak.

"People of Mora. Today, I stand before you proud of the days' events. The capable leadership of Captain Harcroft and the valiant service of the City Guard ensured that today, this city was safe. The bravery of my companions, Dame Amaranth ven Astor, High Keeper Myrine of the Church of Celestialism, Squire Achilles Pelleaux, and finally Squire Sigismund cos Gardios should be recognised and remembered for ages to follow, for they were with my side every step of the way as we ensured the safety of this city and its Governor, Lord Joren Moralis, who himself - despite the disagreements we have had - has only ever acted for what he saw as the good of your fair city."

"Today, we reconcile, and heal from the wounds inflicted on us over a hundred years ago. The Kingdom of Esshar rises, returning to the greatness it once enjoyed under the rule of Queen Eisele rei Petrakis. It has been my pleasure to be the one to champion that reunification, a reunification that now comes to its final step. Today, people of Mora, we enter a brighter future!"

The Governor gives Aris a slight nod before taking the podium. 

"When the prince and his entourage first contacted me about a reunification I was of course sceptical. Osrona had waned in the recent years, there was a lack of dignity as they devolved into a useless council of men and women who refused to act in the face of oppression."

"I had assumed they had sent the prince as a mouth piece, a child with a worthless title come to us to attempt to swindle our people out of the progress we had earned when we were out from under their shadow. However, I have come to learn that the first light once more shines true. And that the royal throne had been restored to its full glory. And its prince holds the strength and resolve of any of the finest knights of our exalted history."

The Governor seems to replicate the gusto in which Aris signed the paper. "With this, the city of Mora rejoin with our brothers and sisters in Osrona. We are once more reunited in faith, purpose and strength. Just as these fine men and women have saved our city from the clutches of evil, so too shall we return the favour, pledging our strength and resources to ensure our Capital withstands the assault it faces from those descending from the mountains."

"We stride forwards as one people once more."

The City of Mora rejoins the Kingdom of Esshar.
Topic Options