KINGimmortal
[Image: 0e4042decc3b461b13775ef012845b3f.jpg]

i reach out into the horizon for everything i've ever wanted.

but above all my legacy will define me.
i want it to last until the end of time.

i seek to do what he couldn't. i wish to overcome the challenges he failed to complete.
i carry his hair, his eyes, his blade, and his will. my mother expects me to be just like him.
but i can't, and i won't. my own path is to be carved out directly in front of me. if i turn out like him then my fate will be the same.

i can't die.

not in front of her.

i'm all she has left.

varin, i love you so much. i won't be able to handle myself when you finally pass. you've endured the most suffering in the family. you're the strongest person i know for that. i promise that the gods themselves were scared of your potential, they gave you this illness to stop you from overcoming them. i'm praying for you every day. i'll be there the day you die, but in truth you'll be the first immortal of the family.

i won't ever let your name die.

but such an act of endurance can only be matched by our mother. our father died far too young, and she had to feel through it all. she raised us all on her own, vigr and rufus only helped while they could. now she's seeing her firstborn die in front of her eyes, day by day you fade farther from the light. she's watching it in slow motion. i couldn't cope with myself if i had to do what she does.

i won't be the one to break your heart.

father. you were my hero, you were our hero. you were the shining light in my life, a light that could surpass even the sun's own brilliance. you were supposed to be guiding me through it all. my first battle. my first injury. my first friends. my first love. you were here for none of it. you hurt us all by falling when you weren't supposed to fall. you were incapable of falling.

i won't repeat the past.

[Image: b8c7ef60fdfdb1df41a354413583e8bd.jpg]

you all were weak because you were strong for far too long.
i haven't been strong enough yet, so i'll carry all of you throughout my journey.
step by step.
all of you can rest now.
i'll carry your legacy to the end of time.
i'll thrive because you all couldn't, with a smile on my face all the while.

join me in my quest to achieve divinity.

[Image: unknown.png]
Topic Options