Player2Letters to home
Welcome to, "Letters to home". A biography of sorts in the form of letters from one Ueagar Torsten to his parents back in Vanirhalla. A recollection of his doings on Esshar. Things he may plan to do in the future. People he has met and so on.

Character: Ueagar Torsten, Son of Yegar Torsten
Affiliation: Vanirhalla, Aesirheim.

Quote:
1854 AC, First day of the New Year.

Ma, Da,

I have made it to Aesirheim. The waters were not chaotic but they were not forgiving either. At times the boat would rock so far to one side that I thought often surely we would capsize. Thankfully we never did. So far I have met with the Jarl and the Lorekeeper. Both are very respectable Magi. I hope to learn a lot from them both. I have been instructed to meet and train with the other Magi of Aesirheim.

Hopefully I can offer them a good challenge.

Your son,
Ueagar.
Quote:1854 AC, first day of the last month in the year.

Ma, Da,

the months come and go. My training has come so far in just a short amount of time. I can feel myself growing stronger, faster and filled with more determination and confidence in myself each and every day. I cannot wait to see what my progress will be like in another year.

Ma, Da, Aesirheim is in need of aid. We need more warriors. The Jarl, Vigr Dyr, a man from the third wave of Vanir to make fall in Aesirheim has asked me to send word to the clan. To see if the Torsten can send more warriors. We need them here, father. If we can spare them please send them. The village is making fast progress toward expanding our boarders and overall size. 

Your son,
Ueagar. 

-OOC-
Hello! Thanks for reading "Letters to home" so far. I'll be updating these posts every couple of days or so. To keep things semi-up to date.
For now though I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone who might be looking to rebirth or make an alt or start fresh!
The offer to join the Torsten family Clan. A clan of Drakanites and Humans from Vanirhalla.
There are positions to play a brother/sister and even cousins!
You do not have to be a Drakanite.
You can be a Human!
If you're interested please contact Player2 at my discord: Player2#1121
The lore for the family is a WIP at the moment but I am going to be pushing toward things to make the family semi-important to the Lore of the Vanirhallans.
There is going to be a ton of roleplaying opportunities and hopefully a lot of events to come in the future! There are no requirements on magic/play styles. All are welcome.
I look forward to hearing from some of you that may take interest! 
Quote:1855 AC, sixth day of the last month of the year.

Ma, Da,

thank you for sending Egreth. Her addition to the village will be super helpful. I'm glad to know you intend on sending more warriors when they're trained and ready. Aesirheim needs their help. I myself am growing as a warrior. I'm learning more and more about myself and who I want to become in my later years. My current goal is to find a suitable house for myself and Egreth and any of the others that are sent over.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both,

Ueagar.
Quote:1857 A.C. 12th day of the first month of the year,

Ma, Da,

I'm sorry I didn't write last year. I was focused on my training and helping the outpost. I did not mean to worry you if I did. Things are well. My training has paid off greatly too. I have had many come up to me over the past two years and even since the start of this one, asking if I can help them train. I'm glad they come! It means I can help uplift them to something greater, to someone greater!

The teachings of an old man, Azar Barak. An elder of the Fireblooded but one that has promised to help me gain the favor of Garljing. I've helped four people so far with training. Not just combat but building the body muscle wise and the brain discipline wise. I'm teaching our Clan method to many. Zhou, Kune, refreshing Egreth's memory and another Drakanite named Eskel.

My friends, people I hope to push past their limits and help them achieve greatness! I know that when, not if, I gain Garljing's favor I will be able to do just that for them and many others.

Your son,
Ueagar.
Quote:1857 AC, 14th day of the seventh month.

Ma, Da,

I stood against a monstrous Dragon. A tyrant bent on destruction and death, chaos. It had to be stopped and stopped it was. It was not without a great effort. But, because of this effort I learned much about myself. Aside from what it means to fight in a team against a foe that warrants it. I have learned that the power Elder Barak bestowed upon me is truly as he said it was. Being touched by a Deity.

I saved a young magi from what was probably going to be an extreme set of injuries. A meteorite, at least three times my size was hurling toward them. I didn't think I just reacted. I flew directly at the meteorite and crushed through the other side. I broke it to pieces and came out just fine. I will have this power Ma, Da. I will have it and make sure the Torsten Clan is not forgotten.

Your son,
Ueagar.
Quote:1858 12th day of the eighth month.

Ma, Da,

a lot has happened since my last letter. So much it's hard to decide where to start. But I figure this will give you the best idea. An undead army attacked a city here on Esshar. An army bigger than any I have ever seen. They crawled over themselves in waves, clawing, biting desperately to get to us. But I stood my ground. I slaughtered hundreds of undead soldiers. I hold no shame or anxiety. I bare a great deal of pride in my heart.

I put them to their final rest. Rendering them useless as ash so that they could finally sleep. I now know what it means to have the desire to crush an enemy force. TO wipe them from existence. Know that I and Egreth are well. She did not see the battle, thankfully.

With great love,
Ueagar
Quote:1859 AC, 1st day of the second month of the year.

Ma, Da,

I'm slowly starting to make a name for myself. More people know me and come to me for training. Mostly physical training because they want to look like me in some way. Others just ask about us. The Torsten. I even have one young man, about my age, that took interest so much that he's decided to join Aesirheim. Perhaps even have a chance at adopting the Torsten name. Don't worry Da, I remember the test. I remember it well.

The Inn has finally been finished. Next is the rest of the expansion. A dock and perhaps a true warrior barracks.

Your son,
Ueagar.

**OOC**

Hello again everyone! Thanks a lot for reading Letters to Home. I'm not really sure how enjoyable of a read this is for everyone but I'm having a good time making this. I may start adding pictures to the texts for flavor. Until then, thank you again!
Quote:1859 AC, first day of the new year.

Ma, Da,

so much has happened. I can't remember what I've told you about and what I haven't. The most important thing lately is my Shield Brother Tipo. He has been turned into a Vampire. He even attacked me blindly at the Outpost. Like he hadn't ever seen me before. I managed to bring him down and capture him. I pray that Garljing shows me a way to cure him.

Egreth is well. She is progressing quickly. Soon I'm not sure I will be able to beat her in combat. It makes me happy knowing she can defend herself. I'm sure it does Uncle too. 

Your son,
Ueagar.
Quote:1860 AC, middle of the year.

Ma, Da,

I'm coming home. There is nothing on Esshar for me. I have learned this the hard way over the years. I've just not written about it until now. I'll be home within a full year. Hopefully sooner. Egreth will be fine. She's stronger than any of us.

Your son,

Ueagar.
Topic Options