FolianThe Weight of the World
[Image: 8hhmYRz.jpg?1]

Within the Soleis family homestead lies a rugged tome. A memoir of the former High Keeper and Radiant Elias lux Soleis.

1845 A.C.

My... I finally made it back from Asphodel. There's much that happened there that is perhaps best left not put to paper, so I shan't make mention of it.
I suppose in some regards I am relieved to be alive, but I don't know if I'm even the same man anymore.
But regardless, I am overjoyed to have finally met my young child. It is a shame I could not be present at the time of their birth... But such is the whims of fate.
Strangely though, it seems Ryuka has gone missing, I'm becoming rather concerned for her well being... Perhaps I'll have to ask around if anyone has seen her.

1846 A.C.

It's been nearly two years and I haven't heard a word from her.
So be it, if she wishes to cast aside our bond of union then I will not hold a grudge... I have to be better than that.
After all, I am both High Keeper and a Radiant now.
Two men now lie dead at my feet, by my sword.
Executed in the name of justice
One perhaps could have found redemption.
The other was a fool whom I hold little remorse for.
I can only pray their souls are ferried well unto the stars.
But does that even really matter?
It's all so tiring.
Arista... She wasn't too happy to hear I executed Jigan. It wasn't a decision I made on my lonesome, yet I am called a failure of our Church's teachings?
I try so hard to be the ideal, to be a role model for these kids... And because I do what must be done I am a failure?
Day in, and day out do I do my best to try and guide them along the best path...
Am I really cut out for this?

1847 A.C.

I can't take it.
Each and every day I am accosted without end.
But in the name of playing this damned ideal I can not break this infallible perception of theirs.
I feel my very being cracking at the seams.
I haven't spoken to someone as my equal in what feels like decades.
I can barely use my left arm these days, the slightest movement feels like I'm moving a boulder.
Nobody has offered to treat it, so I'll simply have to wait until I can afford to have it done myself.
I told them everything.
As brothers we were sworn, I told them all I had to.
They didn't try to stop me, they understood.
I gave him that sword, and I hope he doesn't come to break under it as I did.
The burden of carrying the weight of the world.

[Image: corpoggo.png]
Topic Options