PenguinPenguin DM
[Image: mojVyha.png]

Hello, it's me, Penguin.

I've done two events, and now I think I can DM. So, this is what you need to know about me! Well, I'm a penguin, and I'm new to being a DM! So please, keep that in mind. Other than that, hmm... I like to do cute things, and I have the power of the props by my side. My master is an old DM, and they help me A LOT!

Anyway, if your event interests me and I have the time, I can try to run it for you.

I also like feedback since it's the only way to know what I did wrong and what I did right, so here is my page for that. Please be kind, and always try to give me constructive feedback. Use this format:

Event:
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame, and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk-to-reward ratio good?):
Event Highlight:
Overall:
Any other comments:
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: sparklegif.gif]
Event: Dragon Hunters Hunt
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 9/10 during roleplay scenes Penguin was incredibly reactive and took into account everyone's dialogue and actions. The only times that he slowed were during puzzles which was completely understandable!

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 it was an amazing mix of different scenarios that each had their special trick of twist either a battle or a puzzle that we had to solve that were all involved in the overarching plot that led us to the end. I was engaged the entire event and didn't even realize the time passing.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 7/10 The storytelling as a whole was fantastic and had in-depth lore for the location we were at, my only recommendation would be to research the lore of the faction a little bit more. Sometimes it felt like a very Osrona-esque event for a Fireblooded event. 

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 10/10 I adored this punishment system and thought it was incredibly fair on the players. Rewards were based on effort and either battles won or riddles solved so it was well balanced, and it felt like everything was justified. 

Event Highlight: It was between two aspects: the beginning and the final battle. 
In the beginning, we had interactive NPCs who talked with us and set up the premise of the event. We were able to choose one and they had their own function in the overarching event and a special ability to use which was super cool.
The final battle was beyond cool, excellent narration, high stakes, and it truly felt like the climax of the event.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: The event was well thought out, had aspects dedicated to each party member, and was astounding both visually and audibly.  Penguin had an ongoing soundtrack for us the entire event based on the atmosphere and each setting had its own custom map backdrop to make it all the more integrative. Rewards were specially planned with custom and unique descriptions, punishments were fair, and you would never be able to tell that he was a new DM. Excellent work, I would recommend Penguin as a DM to anyone.

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): I'll give it a 9/10 considering that the event came earlier than we thought and some preparation time was cut. Cool RP's and pretty quick at that, puzzles were the only time it was slow. That's something that can easily be solved by leaving some RP's prepared beforehand, once that's done, it'll be perfect.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 7/10 the battles were pretty damn entertaining in my opinion, obstacles/traps aka puzzles tho... were kinda lacking. Don't get me wrong, I love puzzles, but the last thing anyone wants to do in the event is some math or something that one person can go 'brrrrrr' and just do something stupid. Might be my preference, but I took a liking to puzzles with time limits that involve teamwork, makes stuff quick, puts some tension on the players and people feel included.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 9/10 If I don't put personal grievances with some stuff in this, then it wasn't bad at all. To be honest, I wasn't expecting any of it, but it was pretty cool to know I now got a place to later come back to because 'Shenlong', mhm. I think some stuff was a bit too tame tho, just got the feeling that it should've been more violent/ruthless with some aspects or how a couple NPC's acted, we're Fireblooded after all.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 10/10 It was just that good imo, I can't really complain. Fair fights, fair punishments and fair rewards... tho I think next time, you could amp up a bit on the punishments, as in, with that system you use for the injuries. Instead of making ppl roll a D6, maybe a D9 or D12... perhaps two D6's.

Event Highlight: For me it was definetly the ending, having that DAMN HARD battle, which wasn't impossible at all... at least for us, because let's be honest, WITHOUT the healing spheres, we would've been DONE. So yeah, I loved it, it required some real strategy on our part to be honest. The bit I really loved tho was the RP and how the place disappeared when the Dragon woke up.

Overall: 9/10 - So long the puzzles are worked on and the RP's of locations are prepared beforehand like I spoke about, we really passed by a lotta places, then it was an almost perfect event in my opinion.

Any other comments: Cool event, cool fights, cool rewards, no real complaints because even if it took longer than usual, it was pretty damn fun in some parts and worth it in my opinion. That aside, DUDE, I absolutely LOVED those icons and maps you used. You even took the time to prepare a minimap, that was great! Really! And those NPC's! I dare you to bring some cool NPC's in future events, put them in danger, watch as someone may try to take a Temp or Perm for that NPC.

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 9/10 It was kinda late and to be fair I am one of the slowest typers in game. Also my brain never comprehends puzzles something about them makes me go flat line. Though everything was nicely prepared which I appreciated.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 Battles were entertaining to all hell, i severely enjoyed trapping the ec in my barrier and force them to watch me heal back to full health and they cant do anything about it. Just watch. I would like to say I was unable to comment about puzzles ... I have no brain capacity for puzzles please. 

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 The scene with the priestess taking the form of Iris made me shook, and then her explanation for why she did it was ...muah beautiful. It gave a whole nother reason and layer to my character. THEN THE DRAGON? THE WHOLE ISLAND AN ILLUSION? muaaaaahhhh loved it. Now i understood there was no fighting in some parts but atleast for the iris exclusive part it was very nice storytelling of a failed den mother.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 10/10 Dummy good my rng was terrible awful. But I am alive! Hah! Not dead yet bitches.

Event Highlight: Highlights were those battles they really felt like boss battles with me screaming in the corner. You do not know satisfaction until you trap an Ec in a corner of the rpb with barrier and everyone huddles to the other corner and drops healing sphere on the ground.... AND JUST WATCH. Those battles required strategy and no one could win with just brute force.... unless you are my brother with ribcage just walking into the enemy like a chad... man i love that kid.

Overall: 9.5/10 - puzzles make me smooth brain.

Any other comments: The rewards... THE REWARD WERE AMAZING. Every single one were made with love and care, the description oh they were so cute. The loading screen/ map select area wowza cute. Also the person that played the Ecs we are now best friends. Thank you for that, we played tag while we waited and now i refuse to not send them a goodmorning. Thank you for new bff i love em. I claim them.
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
Event: Bro Bonding Trial (link)
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Yes! A fair share of it was pre-typed, and every question was answered rather quickly. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 2v1s are probably hard to balance. I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the result; None of the battles felt unfair at all, and I didn't immediately die to any anti-melee strategies which is a big bonus. The puzzle felt a bit skewed towards failure from a statistical standpoint, which was the only problem I could perhaps point out, and even then it wasn't that big of a deal. It's not like the punishment for it was big enough for it to be a problem. 9/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Definitely! I've never had a bro adventure before, but this is certainly what I wanted and how I wanted. 10/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) The punishments felt justified, yes. Most of them were mostly us failing certain puzzles that would hurt us if we kept failing. The reward was definitely worth the few temps we got out of it, as well! 10/10
Event Highlight: Defeating the final boss felt really, really rewarding. I loved it.
Overall: 9.75/10
Any other comments: Storm blade good.
Event: Finding A Solution
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Honestly? There were quick paced! If anything it was on my end as i started to slow down 9/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 the fights, and the puzzles themselves were spooky and challenging, ESPECIALLY considering SCP 10/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): For an event based around the SCP foundation, damn was it spooky! I loved every second of it 9/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) the best part was the injuries i feel in my case, god these are really sweet, likewise with the reward! 10/10 would get slap boxed by living shadows again
Event Highlight: Entering the code box, That puzzle dawned on me right after, that and the spewing monsters coming from the box.
Overall:10/10

Any other comments: Penguin love, penguin love!
[Image: Home.png]
Event: Fiery Ascent
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 Quick to respond, patient and very great RPS
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 Battles were challenging and felt rewarding, Puzzle was very challenging and provided great Rp
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Storytelling was great, well written and perfect for building overall feel/environment for where we explored.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 10/10 The Reward system was really great, the Health and reward system were challenging and very well balanced, even with a few errors here and there. Everything was very enjoyable.
Event Highlight: The Highlight of the event for me was the final fight, each battle with the final boss felt like a different challenge and was really enjoyable. From beginning to end was great however as a whole I really enjoyed the final fight.
Overall: A solid 10/10 for me, especially with the health/injury system implied, it really made the event pop as a whole for me.
Any other comments: Implement Penguin Polymorph potions.
Event: Fiery Ascent (One who made the request)
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time frame and were they quick to respond?): He was quick to respond, overall ready to post by the time we finished the rps from the participants.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles and puzzles were fairly interactive especially a puzzle with a riddle mixed in.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The story itself wasn't really an issue as it seemed to sprinkle a little detail with environment such as multiple statues and even a sprite to show a chart to help with the puzzle for IC use.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Over all the event was fair, even introduced a health system for the CoD event.
Event Highlight: The highlight for the event wasn't even the fights itself but the puzzles that made me interested. You can battle a giant beast of a creature time and time again, but you dont really get these puzzles in that make you actually use your head for a few moments.
Overall: A solid 9.9/10 as the .1 was taken for the slight spam of aoes during the final fight. Overall we came through, though it was a bit more stressful when there were spammed AoEs, but Im not mad about it or anything.
Any other comments: I will find myself asking for Penguin's help once more in a future event with more puzzles to pass us through. I got what I asked for and even helped people get a dev items too.
Event: Temple of Light
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10. did a great job there
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  10/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10, the story was great and exactly what we were wanting
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 10/10, everything was fair
Event Highlight: Wisdom was great, my favorite cause I like puzzles.
Any other comments: We were having fun, you had no need to constantly apologize to us. If I am not having fun I will straight up tell you. Everyone had something they liked and we all had a good experience from it
[Image: unknown.png]
The Paperwork never ends
Event: Temple of Light

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10. Amazing timing.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  10/10 It was super balanced. 

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10. It was perfect. I loved the storytelling and everything.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 10/10. Couldn't be any more fair then it was!

Event Highlight: I loved this event and in the end my character had met her goal and it made me so happy to see how everything unfolded. Once again, AMAZING.

Any other comments: Just CUTE, PERFECT, AMAZING, CUTE!!!!   Heart
[Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png]
Topic Options