NikolaNeijuDo you hear the whispers too?
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
"Why are you still there?"

It asked me-- no, it DEMANDED me to answer, yet giving me no time to even comprehend what it said. It continued.

"Out of ALL options you have, you still choose life?"

Their twisted grin didn't change a single bit, but their tone was beyond annoyed.

"Very well then, we will go through this together. Just remember that this path full of thorns, pain, and betrayal was your choice."

I nod, for I already know the consequences.

"You have plenty of time, Fatuum, yet so little."

It floated, using multiple of its hands to grab onto invisible walls of my dreamscape, their insane smile becoming more and more stretching as they lean and speak in more corrupted, glitching tone.

"I am still there Fatuum, I am in control, I am you, you are me, we are together. We are the broken."

ahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
Ahahahahahahahahahahhaa
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I wake up at the house, sweating cold bullets.

It was me, who was laughing.
I hold my head, and a faint, scared mumbling comes out of me as I can't grasp any sense around this situation.
"Do you hear the whispers too?"
No answers, my tone was too quiet, there was no one to hear it.
No one heard me, but myself did I talk with myself through this dream?
I left my home in the morning. Thankfully Father was still asleep after the ritual, with the injury around his wrists and chest he wouldn't be able to chase me too far.

Now that I was outside of that terrible house, and even more terrible person. I looked ahead of myself, and saw a forest trail leading to what appeared to be, a city, blue banners... It's Shimmering City.

And this, is where my journey begins.

Topic Options