Day 286 of Nethradin Life sucking.
So,  these guys still don't have anything going for them. They're a 200 RPL rebirth monster, that's... Weaker than a normal human. They have no racials that are usable. They can't use equipment, leaving them beyond subpar. They can't go armed or unarmed.

I'm one of the OG monster players, from Shadowmire day 1. No other race has been shit on as much as Nethradin have. No one makes as Nethradin because it basically screws you to a lifetime of getting the shit beat out of you by anyone who wants to, while giving up your RPP on rebirth (Making a Nethradin forfeits your RB RPP). I've watched as Nethradin occasionally pop up in the Mire, only to quickly quit the characters entirely because of how awful the experience is. They even get age DR nerfs, which makes absolutely no sense for spooky Hel-Ghosts.

Sure, they got some cool spooky lore, but that also makes them Kill on Sight for almost everyone.

After witnessing another Nethradin today get run down and deado'd for well, being a Nethradin, and seeing a brand new one get perm'd right on day one it's really gotten on my nerves again.

For fuck's sakes, give them something. They're laughable at this point, and everyone knows it.
They got run down because I'm built different. Not because of a 10 power differential.
The true crime is that the sprite thing came back.

I am oppressed once more.
I guess I should say something on this, and what my ideas would be for this - you see we have a lot of things that can be forwarded from spires, so It can be really good or really bad anyway a list of ideas.

1. give nethradin's the old occult aoe and torment you know the one that gives ap if they stand in it. ( this would make them be a 200 rpl rebirth)

2. give them spectral eyes as a  200 mastery or at least a version of it that would be pretty cool considering they don't have to  app for it and it would be something to look forward too, or better yet just give it to them. ( again that would be a 200 rpl rebirth thing)

3. Let them app for sins, this would base the being over that sin entirely from the start so at least they know exactly what they are going for and it may even be easier for them to rp what they are. And have something to look forward too - more of an incentive to keep playing.

4. There is also an old Accursed toggle buff that you used to be 180 for however I forget the name entirely it boosted your occult ele pow while giving you a life drain tick - that would be a good toggle buff to buy into and it would be absurdly strong as well.

My point is that you don't have to make anything new for them, we can pull from he old game and balance out the stats for specific skills that would work well with the race.. anything like that would probably help.

(P.S. once I find out the skill toggle buff accursed had I will edit the post sorry but the name just escapes me right now.)
god just give them all of the witchcraft spells instead of like 1 of them
i speak on behalf of mouse, an

neafewafewadwadweinwe rwaceaiweseals?
they can go armed because they can wield fishing poles or watering cans as weapons
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
(05-06-2021, 01:29 AM)Milly Wrote: they can go armed because they can wield fishing poles or watering cans as weapons

we both know that ain't gon' do shit.

Nethradin deserve -a- racial. If the Witchcraft stuff was too strong or whatever, just remove it and give them something else. Because honestly they're just in a really, really bad state right now.

Usually, when you give up a bunch of stuff, you get some sort of perk.

(05-06-2021, 01:27 AM)Danteric Wrote: god just give them all of the witchcraft spells instead of like 1 of them

They had one, it was removed. I guess you could say they still have Sabbath but that's lul since there's never enough Nethradin but for one time in a blue moon, and you can't use your essence on anything anyways.
milly is right. don't dismiss the fact that you can literally go armed when it's one of your points that that can't.

nethradin should just have the ability to steal essence and a toggle buff that takes essence to turn on.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
(05-06-2021, 07:09 PM)Jumpy Wrote: milly is right. don't dismiss the fact that you can literally go armed when it's one of your points that that can't.

nethradin should just have the ability to steal essence and a toggle buff that takes essence to turn on.

"now, we will fight!"

toggles buff

SERVER IS RESTARTING IN 60 SECONDS...

just give them the blessing spells and call it a day so they're at least dealmakers like they're supposed to be. as it stands, they're just.. bad. weaker than the average pc by a large, large margin. they had hex removed a long time ago, but that means they don't actually have anything to spend essence on, so you can probably just strip out those spells as well and have them dev into witchcraft the normal way.

or give witchcraft a new essence-requiring spell i guess
[Image: edbae8adc4cdc657c7307971b838ad95.png]

if anyone asks i got banned for sending /messages to people
Topic Options